Which are the best chlorella supplements?
Chlorella is a specific type of green algae that grows in freshwater.
It’s an excellent source of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals and is believed to be a natural antioxidant.
It’s commonly used to treat conditions like depression, high cholesterol, and fibromyalgia.
However, in its natural state, chlorella is impossible for humans to digest due to its hard cell wall. Therefore, it must be ingested in supplement form to receive its benefits.
So, with that in mind, here’s a list of the 10 best chlorella supplements:
Top 10 Chlorella Supplements Compared
The list of chlorella supplements and figures mentioned below has been compiled from various web sources.
These are the 10 best chlorella supplements:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Nutricost – Chlorella Capsules
Nutricosts chlorella capsules are rich in chlorophyll, beta-carotene, and DNA.
Each bottle includes 240 capsules/servings, all containing 500mg of pure chlorella.
Nutricost suggests that using chlorella may help supply your body with high levels of beta-carotene, vitamin B-12, Iron, RDA, and DNA, and the cell wall in each chlorella capsule is broken down to aid digestibility.
The non-GMO, gluten-free supplement is manufactured in a GMP-compliant, FDA-registered facility and third-party lab tested for purity and potency.
Nutricost recommends taking one capsule a day with 8 – 12 oz of water for best results.
9. Sunfood Superfoods – Chlorella Tablets
- 100% PURE CHLORELLA: Chlorophyll Rich Green Algae...
- CHLORELLA TABLETS: Our chlorella is gently dried into a...
- CRACKED CELL WALL CHLORELLA : The cell walls are broken...
Sunfood Superfoods Chlorella tablets are rich in protein, minerals, and nutrients.
Inside each pouch, you’ll receive 225 tablets, giving you 18 servings if you stick to the recommended servings size.
Each serving provides you with nine essential amino acids and 250mg of chlorella, all of which are entirely free from fillers, binders, or additives.
Sunfood Superfoods suggests that taking chlorella may contribute to healthy immunity, vision, and cell integrity.
Also, they suggest that it may function as a natural antioxidant and contribute to mental function and metabolism.
For best results, the brand recommends taking three to four tablets three times per day, to begin with, and then slowly increasing the dose as you see fit.
8. Sun Chlorella – Chlorella Tablets
- GOODS YOU NEED ON THE GO - Don't skip on nutrition, our...
- CLEANSE & ENERGIZE - Get a burst of Chlorella Growth...
- GET THE MOST FROM YOUR SUPPLEMENTS - We pulverize...
Sun Chlorella’s tablets are formulated to provide your body with the highest levels of nutrients per tablet.
You’ll receive 300 tablets per container, giving you 20 servings if you stick to the brand’s recommended serving size.
Each serving is loaded with 3g of chlorella as well as multiple beneficial vitamins and minerals.
Sun Chlorella suggests that using chlorella regularly may support overall health and energy, gut, and immune function.
Also, the supplement is loaded with chlorella growth factor (GCF), which supports cellular repair and the revitalization process.
For best results, Sun Chlorella recommends taking 15 tablets per day with a meal.
It’s up to you whether you take them all at once or space them out in smaller amounts with meals throughout your day.
7. Fresh Healthcare – Premium Chlorella Capsules
- Powerhouse chlorella: This incredible superfood is one...
- The benefits go far beyond: Chlorella is one of the...
- Our guarantee: Our goal is to bring you a healthy...
Fresh Healthcare premium chlorella capsules contain a rich source of antioxidants and phytonutrients that help natural detoxification.
Each bottle contains 180 capsules, giving you 90 servings if you follow Fresh Healthcare’s serving guidelines.
Per serving, you’ll receive 1200mg of organic chlorella powder, which is encapsulated in hydroxymethylpropyl cellulose.
Fresh Healthcare suggests that using chlorella regularly can support natural detox and healthy digestive, skin, eye, immune, and brain health.
The brand also suggests that chlorella can improve circulation, boost glutathione levels, increase energy, and produce more radiant-looking skin by eradicating free-radicals.
The non-GMO, gluten-free supplement is formulated, tested, and manufactured in the USA and is free from artificial fillers and binders.
Fresh Healthcare recommends taking two capsules at any time during the day, preferably with food and water, to maximize absorption.
6. Earth Circle Organics – Chlorella Tablets
- ✅ 100% PURE & ORGANIC: Absolute cleanest chlorella...
- ✅ THE BEST OF THE BEST: We support organic and...
- ✅ SUPERFOOD SUPPLEMENT: Every Organic Chlorella Pack...
Earth Circle Organics Chlorella tablets are made from 100% pure organic chlorella.
Inside each pouch, you’ll receive 400 tablets, which is equivalent to 100 servings.
Each serving gives you 250mg of chlorella, plus a bunch of highly beneficial vitamins and minerals.
The 100% all-natural supplement is non-GMO and free from fillers, binders, coatings, artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives.
To get the most out of the supplement, Earth Circle Organics recommends taking four tablets a day with a meal.
5. Dr. Mercola – Fermented Chlorella Tablets
- Each Bottle of Fermented Chlorella Contains 90 Servings
- Following Dr. Mercola’s belief in providing the best...
- Chlorella often receives this superfood connotation...
Dr. Mercola fermented chlorella tablets contain a well-balanced ratio of proteins, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Each bottle includes 450 tablets containing 1g of fermented chlorella each, which equates to 90 servings if you follow the brand’s recommended serving guidelines.
Dr. Mercola suggests that supplementing with chlorella may support normal detoxification processes, immune and gut, metabolism, and other health aspects.
It also contains chlorella growth factor (CGF), 10% RNA, and 3% DNA to support healthy cellular aging.
For best results, Dr.Mercola recommends taking five tablets per serving up to three times a day.
4. Micro Ingredients – Organic Chlorella Powder
- Micro Ingredients superior absorbing broken cell wall...
- Extremely nutritious chlorella product that is rich in...
- If you are looking for healthy things to add to...
Organic Chlorella powder by Micro Ingredients is formulated to support immune health and well-being.
Inside each pouch, you’ll receive 75.6 servings, approximately working out to be 3g (1 scoop) per serving.
Each USDA-certified non-GMO serving is free from sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, corn, and additives.
The powder is harvested from non-contaminated water and can easily be added to smoothies, desserts, juice, oatmeal, tea, and yogurt.
Micro Ingredients recommends mixing one scoop with your favorite beverage and consume daily for best results.
3. Anthony’s – Organic Chlorella Powder
Anthony’s chlorella powder is non-GMO, verified gluten-free, and USDA-approved organic.
Per pouch, you’ll receive 226g of pure organic chlorella powder, giving you seventy-five 3g servings.
The brand suggests that you may benefit from using chlorella due to its high protein, iron, and vitamin c levels. Being a natural detoxifier helps clear the body of heavy metals and harmful compounds.
The supplement is batch-tested certified gluten-free and can be added to smoothies and juices or sprinkled onto foods and desserts.
It’s also rich in chlorophyll with a broken cell wall, which helps the body aid digestion.
Anthony’s recommends adding one serving to smoothie bowls, juices, and teas to get the most bang for your buck.
2. Sunlit Best Green Organics – Chlorella Tablets
- EASY TO SWALLOW: These tiny tables are cold-pressed -...
- PROTEIN PACKED: Each tablet is 250mg. 1000 tablets per...
- BEST QUALITY: Superior quality 100% Cracked Cell Wall...
Sunlit Best Green Organics’ chlorella tablets were crafted to help provide your body with the right balance of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Inside each pouch, you’ll receive 1000 tablets containing 250mg of 100% raw chlorella each.
The tablets are cold-pressed and do not contain additives, fillers, binders, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
The brand suggests taking chlorella may help you feel younger, healthier, and more energetic every day.
On top of that, you may also notice a reduction in gas and bloating as chlorella contains thousands of probiotics that help balance natural flora in the gut.
Sunlit Best Green Organics recommends taking 12 – 21 tablets a day (maintenance dose) before a meal.
Alternatively, if you’re looking to use it as a protein substitute, the brand recommends upping the dose to between 21 and 30 tablets per day.
1. NOW Foods – Chlorella Tablets
- NO RICE FLOUR: Beware of the sub-par brands dilute the...
- HIGHER BIO-AVAILABILITY: Cracked Cell / Broken Cell...
- NUTRIENT RICH: Unlike chlorella extract capsules, NOW...
NOW Foods chewable chlorella tablets contain both cracked and broken cell chlorella.
Each bottle includes 200 tablets, providing you with 66 servings if you follow the brand’s recommended serving guidelines.
Per serving, you’ll receive 3g of pure chlorella, which is verified non-GMO, vegan, and free from harmful ingredients.
The supplement is grown in sunlight with pristine water and formulated in the USA in a GMP-compliant facility after vigorous testing to verify purity and potency.
It is free from wheat, gluten, soy, milk, eggs, and tree nut ingredients.
NOW Foods recommends taking one tablet in your first week and gradually increasing to three tablets over three to four weeks; then, take three tablets daily.
1. Onnit – Spirulina & Chlorella
If you’re a fan of Chlorella, then you’ll probably want some Spirulina to go with it to get the best of both worlds.
Onnit has produced a supplement containing both Spirulina and Chlorella with dosages of 1000mg each, and with their great pricing, you can’t go wrong.
Instead of buying these two algae separately, save yourself some time and money by picking up this product from Onnit.
We hope you enjoyed our list of the 10 best chlorella supplements.
If you’re finding it difficult to choose one, we recommend Onnit chlorella tablets.
We’ve been using them for years and can’t say a bad word about them.
However, you won’t be disappointed whichever ones you pick, as they’re one of the best chlorella supplements on the market.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best chlorella supplements:
- NOW Foods – Chlorella Tablets
- Sunlit Best Green Organics – Chlorella Tablets
- Anthony’s – Organic Chlorella Powder
- Micro Ingredients – Organic Chlorella Powder
- Dr. Mercola – Fermented Chlorella Tablets
- Earth Circle – Organic Chlorella Tablets
- Fresh Healthcare – Premium Chlorella Capsules
- Sun Chlorella – Chlorella Tablets
- Sunfood Superfoods – Chlorella Tablets
- Nutricost – Chlorella Capsules
If you enjoyed this article, check out some of our other health supplement lists:
- The 10 Best Ginger Supplements
- The 10 Best Organ Support Supplements
- The 10 Best Aloe Vera Supplements
- The 10 Best Wheatgrass Powders
- The 10 Best Glutathione Supplements
- The 10 Best Prostate Supplements