What are the best aloe vera supplements?
Aloe vera comes in gel, juice, and powder forms and is a popular supplement to use for skin support, supporting your digestive system, promoting collagen growth, and more.
In this post, we’ll be covering the best aloe vera supplements (not just for a painful sunburn) and all the health benefits they can offer.
Let’s get into it!
The Best Aloe Vera Supplements
Our supplement lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best aloe vera supplements:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Herbal Secrets – Aloe Vera
Herbal Secrets aloe vera pills boast 5000 mg of aloe vera gel per serving. Its ultra-concentrated formula boasts a 200:1 form of aloe vera per serving.
Made from 100% pure aloe vera inner leaf gel, this product is made without artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
Herbal Secrets formula is rich in nutrients and fiber from aloe vera plants to help soothe the digestive tract, ease pain and inflammation, and improve overall immune function.
- 120 aloe vera gels per container
- Non-GMO, third-party tested
- Contains 25 mg of pure aloe vera
- Sugar-free, gluten-free, soy-free, no fish, sodium, or lactose
- Aloe vera gels are much better tasting than juice
- Contains 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids, and 200 active enzymes
- Contains glycoproteins to ease pain and inflammation
- Made in the USA at a GMP-certified facility
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- This aloe vera gel does contain soy byproducts.
- The serving recommendation is one capsule three times a day.
9. Pure Mountain Botanicals – Aloe Vera Plus
Looking for an organic aloe vera that doesn’t sacrifice quality or potency? Meet Pure Mountain Botanicals.
Their formula is 200:1 concentration, making it one of the most potent aloe vera gels you can get.
Support your digestive tract with organic marshmallow root and slippery elm root for a well-rounded aloe vera supplement.
- 200:1 concentrate of pure aloe vera
- 1 capsule is equivalent to 2 ounces of fresh aloe vera juice
- 60 veggie capsules per container
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, vegetarian
- No artificial fillers, colors, preservatives, or sweeteners
- Ethically wild-harvested
- Some users claim this product gives them heartburn.
8. Nutricost – Aloe Vera
Nutricost offers a powerful aloe vera supplement at a great price.
With 20,000 mg of aloe vera equivalent per serving, it’s no surprise that Nutricost’s highly potent supplement made our list.
It’s a great non-GMO option that is vegetarian-friendly and made in a GMP-compliant facility.
- 120 capsules per container
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, vegetarian
- 200:1 concentrate of aloe vera per serving (20,000 mg)
- Made in a GMP-compliant, FDA-registered facility
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- This supplement may cause an upset stomach for the first few days.
7. Mi Nature – Organic Aloe Vera Powder
Our favorite cosmetic aloe vera powder is here!
Mi Nature created an incredibly beneficial organic product that will work wonders for hair and skin, among other cosmetic purposes.
To boost the shine and moisture of your hair, this organic aloe vera powder can be blended with water and used as a shampoo. It can be used for scalp care, as a post-wash conditioner, and it can boost hair growth.
The ways aloe vera can be used for cosmetic purposes is impressive. If you’re searching for an aloe vera supplement that will improve your hair, skin, and nails, this is it!
- 100% organic aloe vera powder
- Certified USDA organic
- Non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free
- Designed for skincare and hair care
- Contains no common allergens or added preservatives
- Sustainably sourced and fair traded from the aloe vera leaf
- Can be used directly or mixed with other herbal supplements
- Promotes moisture and conditions the hair while nourishing new growth
- Soothes and heals irritated scalp, balances the pH of the scalp
- Processed in an FDA-registered facility in India
- This product is not for consumption; only for external use.
6. Nature’s Bounty – Aloe Vera Gel
Nature’s Bounty aloe vera gel is a popular choice for good reason. For decades, the brand has been known for its high-quality vitamins and supplements.
Clean ingredients, high standards for purity and potency, and a highly concentrated formula make it no surprise that Nature’s Bounty aloe vera gel made this list.
At such an affordable price point, Nature’s Bounty makes testing their aloe vera capsules an easy decision. If you decide to use it every day, it won’t hurt your wallet.
- Affordable price point
- 100 rapid release soft gels per container
- Highly concentrated formula with the equivalent of 5000 mg of aloe vera per serving
- Known for its soothing properties from the aloe vera plant
- Herbal-based, naturally-sourced supplement that supports a healthy lifestyle
- Contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and phenolic compounds
- Some users claim they have received bottles with different colored gels, causing them hesitancy to consume the product.
5. AloeCure – Pure Aloe Vera Juice
The best organic aloe vera juice on this list? Hands down, AloeCure!
AloeCure’s proprietary blend is made from certified organic aloe vera and is scientifically proven to be used long-term with no side effects.
It works as an effective buffer against stomach acid and aids in overall digestion and immunity.
This product is worth trying if you are interested in a juice over capsules.
- This formula is 98.7% inner-gel aloe vera, never made from concentrate or powder
- No sugar added
- Certified organic aloe processed within 12 hours of harvest to maximize nutrients
- No charcoal filtering used
- Aids in stomach issues by acting as a buffer to stomach acid and helps with digestion
- Each serving is equivalent to 60,000 mg of aloe vera
- Improves pH regulation and overall digestive function
- Aids in tissue repair and to help soothe irritation
- This company’s farms are certified USDA organic
- Many users report that the juice has a foul taste when you first begin taking it.
4. Lily of the Desert – Aloe Vera Juice
Lily of the Desert is an aloe vera leaf juice grown on an organic farm and has been produced this way since the 1970s.
Their products are certified by the International Aloe Science Council for verified aloe content.
If you want a clean product that comes from a reputable, quality company with years of credibility, Lily of the Desert is a fantastic choice.
- 128 ounces per container
- Made without preservatives
- Certified USDA organic
- Aloe is harvested from organic farms and bottled in-house in the USA
- Contains Aloesorb, a patented process that has the greatest impact on the natural benefits found in aloe
- Increases nutrient absorption by 2000%, improves immune support, and antioxidant support
- Supports healthy digestion
- Many users could not get past the taste of this product enough to see its benefits.
3. Earthen – Aloe Vera
If you’re looking for a high dosage aloe vera supplement to support your gastrointestinal tract, Earthen Aloe Vera is a great choice.
This brand is well-known for its organic ingredients and reputation for high dosage raw aloe vera.
Those seeking digestive support and a boost of immunity while remaining gluten-free and free of common allergens — this one’s for you!
- Non-GMO, made with organic ingredients, gluten-free
- 200:1 extract is equivalent to 20,000 mg of aloe vera inner leaf
- Crafted using coconut water
- 120 capsules per container
- Affordable price for servings
- Made in the USA at an FDA-registered facility
- No fillers, colors, flavors, or preservatives; soy-free, dairy-free
- 100% money-back guarantee
- The natural laxatives in this high dosage formula may cause digestive issues for some users.
2. Puritan’s Pride – Aloe Vera Gel Extract
Puritan’s Pride is another brand that is well-known in the industry for being a top performer in quality, potency, and purity. Their aloe vera gel extract is no exception.
This product (and all others) has been through rigorous testing to ensure its ingredients are quality and consistent.
For an aloe vera supplement, Puritan’s Pride really goes the extra mile to ensure their customers are getting the best quality aloe vera leaves.
The best aloe vera supplement will nourish dry skin, relieve irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), boost digestive health, and provide many other health benefits.
- Contains a 200:1 concentrate of aloe vera gel, an equivalent to 5,000 mg of 100% pure aloe vera leaf gel
- 200 rapid release capsules per container
- Aids in healthy digestion and immune support
- Can aid in the relief of heartburn and acid reflux
- No artificial colors, sweeteners, sugar, starch, milk, lactose, or wheat
- Gluten-free and sodium-free
- It contains soybean oil, which may cause issues for those with soy sensitivities.
1. NOW Foods – Aloe Vera
The best overall aloe vera supplement on this list was hardly a competition… NOW Foods does it best in so many supplement categories. These pure aloe vera gel capsules will fit nicely into your supplement line-up!
Aloe vera products are known for their benefits for our skin, digestion, immunity, and overall health, so it’s almost a crime not to test this one out.
If you’ve thought about taking aloe vera, don’t miss out on NOW Foods supplement.
- 100 capsules per container, 50 servings
- 10,000 mg of equivalency to pure aloe vera
- Supports the body’s healing process and promotes a healthy digestive system
- Packaged in the USA by a family-owned company since 1968
- NPA A-rated GMP certification
- Supports the breakdown, delivery, and utilization of nutrients obtained from the diet
- Affordable price point for quality
- This product is not vegan.
FAQs About Aloe Vera Supplements
There’s a lot to know before you add a new supplement to your regimen — especially one like aloe vera, where you may not be aware of its benefits (besides soothing a bad sunburn).
In this section, we’ll be discussing a few commonly asked questions about aloe vera supplements and what you should expect if you begin taking this supplement.
Q: What is aloe vera good for?
First and foremost, aloe vera is a commonly used plant for its healing properties for the skin.
The fluid stored in the aloe vera plant has tons of amazing health benefits that start at our skin but actually work well with our digestive and immune systems.
Aloe vera is also antibacterial; by neutralizing the bacteria it comes into contact with, aloe vera can successfully prevent the growth of bacteria in our bodies and on our skin.
Q: What are the benefits of aloe vera?
Aloe vera really is the “jack of all trades” when it comes to what it can do medicinally to improve our health.
While aloe vera is antibacterial and full of antioxidants, it offers so much more for overall health.
Internally, though, is where aloe vera really shines. It’s well-known for being a natural laxative, so it goes without saying that it helps reduce and alleviate constipation.
Some studies show that oral aloe vera can help boost collagen production in women, which helps with skin integrity, elasticity, and moisture.
Improving mouth health, skin health, and digestive health… not bad for one succulent plant!
Q: How much aloe vera can you take a day?
As an oral supplement, aloe vera has no official dosage recommendation. Make sure you follow the instructions on the label of your supplement bottle.
Once you get your doctor’s approval, you can drink up to 8 ounces of aloe vera juice every day (this is most companies’ recommendation).
For constipation treatment, you can take around 50 mg of aloe extract daily until your condition improves.
Q: What is the best time to have aloe vera?
If you are using aloe vera juice, it’s best to drink it early in the morning on an empty stomach.
If you’re taking the gel capsules, these can be added to your regular supplement ritual, regardless of the time of day.
Q: Can I take aloe vera every day?
It’s generally not recommended to consume aloe vera every day for long periods of time.
If you are treating a specific condition, like diarrhea, it’s best to use the supplement for the extent of your condition and then cease use.
Follow the instructions on the label of the supplement bottle, and contact the company if you have questions or concerns.
Always consult with your doctor about taking any long-term supplements and the health benefits and risks associated with doing so.
Hopefully, you’re feeling like an expert on all things aloe vera now.
We always encourage our readers to do their own research on supplements they are interested in taking and understand all the health benefits and risks associated with each one.
Aloe vera is a popular and well-loved supplement, and for good reason. There’s definitely an aloe vera supplement on this list that will bring you glowing skin, easy digestion, and a strong immune system.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best aloe vera supplements:
- NOW Foods – Aloe Vera
- Puritan’s Pride – Aloe Vera Gel Extract
- Earthen – Aloe Vera
- Lily of the Desert – Aloe Vera Juice
- AloeCure – Pure Aloe Vera Juice
- Nature’s Bounty – Aloe Vera Gel
- Mi Nature – Organic Aloe Vera Powder
- Nutricost – Aloe Vera
- Pure Mountain Botanicals – Aloe Vera Plus
- Herbal Secrets – Aloe Vera
If you enjoyed this article, check out some of our other health supplement lists:
- The 10 Best Ginger Supplements
- The 10 Best Organ Support Supplements
- The 10 Best Wheatgrass Powders
- The 10 Best Chlorella Supplements
- The 10 Best Glutathione Supplements
- The 10 Best Prostate Supplements