What are the best wheatgrass powders?
Wheatgrass powder comes from the leafy young grass sprouts on wheat plants, which are free from gluten, unlike mature wheat.
For anyone wanting an immune boost, it’s a good idea to consume wheatgrass because it’s full of essential nutrients that soothe digestive problems, increase energy, and help the body fight off sickness.
Made from some of nature’s finest leafy greens, wheatgrass powder has an earthy, grassy taste with a hint of sweetness, similar to green tea.
With so many health benefits, not to mention the delicious taste, it makes sense that many people want organic wheatgrass in powdered form for making healthy drinks and helping digestive inflammation.
We want to help you find the perfect powder for raw wheatgrass juice, so we researched it extensively to identify the best wheatgrass powders available today.
Take a look at our top picks for wheatgrass juice powders so you can experience all the benefits of fresh wheatgrass in a satisfying, soothing drink.
The Best Wheatgrass Powders
Our supplement lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best wheatgrass powders:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Horbäach – Wheat Grass Powder
Horbäach has the best raw wheatgrass powder with 11g of wheatgrass per two-scoop serving for a strong immunity boost.
All the pure nutrients fight inflammation and help with digestion, as this wholesome green superfood makes the most of chlorophyll and minerals.
Horbäach uses trusted ingredients, lab-tested for quality, to ensure a healthy solution for a tasty wheatgrass shot.
There are no artificial flavors or sweeteners, and this powder is also free of common allergens like gluten, milk, soy, and yeast.
- 11g of pure wheatgrass per serving for optimal immune support
- Green superfood filled with chlorophyll and minerals
- Tastes great in water, juice, smoothies, and yogurt
- Easy mixing — no juicer required
- No additives or fillers
- Only 21 servings per container
9. KOS Organic – Wheatgrass Juice Powder
KOS Organic is a premium wheatgrass juice powder that fights inflammation from arthritis and many other health problems.
It’s USDA organic, cold-pressed, and air-dried to protect the high chlorophyll and fiber content, creating a nutrient-dense superfood.
KOS Organic gives you 17 amino acids, vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, and many more nutrients to enhance your immune health.
This wheatgrass juice powder also provides a natural cognitive boost to help with mental function and memory loss.
- USDA Organic, cold-pressed wheatgrass juice powder
- Good source of vitamin D, calcium, iron, and potassium
- Contains 17 amino acids, magnesium, and enzymes
- Effectively fights inflammation and immune system problems
- 132 servings per container
- Flavor may be too strong for some
8. Antler Farms – Organic New Zealand Wheat Grass Powder
Antler Farms offers 100% organic New Zealand wheatgrass powder grown in rich, fertile soils of the country’s famous Canterbury Plains.
It’s nutrient-rich with high chlorophyll, essential amino acids, and minerals to ensure proper detox and immune support.
Antler Farms harvests wheatgrass at peak potency after slow growth over 100 days to maximize nutrient value.
There’s four times more chlorophyll than tray-grown wheatgrass juice, and this powder is cold-processed to ensure raw, intact nutrients and enzymes.
- 100% pure organic wheatgrass powder from New Zealand
- Cold-processed for raw nutrients and enzymes
- High in vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids
- Helps to restore pH balance for optimal health
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegan
- Very fine powder can be messy
7. Sari Foods – Organic Wheatgrass Powder
When you need more fiber in your diet, 100% pure organic wheatgrass powder from Sari Foods is the way to go.
This natural vegan wheatgrass powder contains whole food fiber, chlorophyll, and antioxidants to protect the immune system.
It’s also an excellent source of vitamin A, C, E, selenium, and iron, helping to keep all bodily functions running smoothly with minimal inflammation or illness.
Sari Foods describes this powder as an alkalizing green superfood, a fitting description considering wheatgrass powder flushes toxins and provides nine essential amino acids for optimal health.
- Fiber-packed organic wheatgrass powder supports digestive health
- 100% pure organic with chlorophyll and antioxidants
- Helps with liver function and detoxification
- Contains all nine essential amino acids
- Good source of vitamins and iron
- Texture may feel grainy
6. Navitas Organics – Wheatgrass Juice Powder
Navitas Organics offers 50% chlorophyll in its organic, non-GMO wheatgrass juice powder that boosts immune system health.
This plant-based superfood is made from young wheatgrass blades, packing over 70 vitamins and minerals into one convenient powder.
There are hundreds of live enzymes and essential amino acids in this antioxidant-rich wheatgrass powder, sustainably sourced in the U.S.
All you need to do is mix 1/4 tsp. of powder into a daily smoothie or glass of water to experience powerful detox and cleansing properties.
- Organic, non-GMO, and gluten-free wheatgrass juice powder from the U.S.
- Freeze-dried juice with zero calories
- Stimulates natural, sustained energy
- Detoxes and supports the immune system
- Makes for a great vegan smoothie
- Some people say the servings are misleading and the bags aren’t full
5. Dr. Berg’s – Wheatgrass Superfood Powder
Dr. Berg’s Wheatgrass Superfood Powder is an ultra-concentrated form of wheatgrass with high vitamin and chlorophyll content.
There’s no shortage of trace minerals and nutrients in this gluten-free, non-GMO powder containing 2.5g of organic raw wheatgrass juice powder per serving.
Vitamins A, B6, C, E, and K are readily available in this leaf grass powder, as well as natural enzymes that support regular bodily functions and promote good health.
Dr. Berg says its Wheatgrass Superfood supercharges cells, restores nutrient levels, and helps the liver detoxify.
- USDA organic, vegan, and non-GMO wheatgrass superfood
- 2.5g of organic raw wheatgrass juice powder
- 100% natural juice helps with detox and weight loss
- High in chlorophyll and vitamins A, B6, C, E, and K
- 60 teaspoon servings per container
- You need to stir it thoroughly to avoid clumps when mixed with water
4. Starwest Botanicals – Organic Wheatgrass Powder
If you’re looking to fill an empty stomach with nutrient-dense greens, then Starwest Botanicals is a popular choice, as the brand is well-known for turning incredibly nutritious herbs and spices into powder form.
It comes in a 1lb. bag and is made from dehydrated grass, which helps to retain as much of the nutrients as possible.
As a USDA organic and kosher wheatgrass powder, Starwest Botanicals offers immune support and an energy boost when you mix it and drink wheatgrass juice.
With proper storage conditions, this bulk bag lasts for at least 12 months, so you can have a certified organic option for drinking wheatgrass.
- Kosher certified wheatgrass powder
- Made from dehydrated grass for optimal nutritional value
- Packaged in a resealable mylar bag for safe storage
- Reputable brand with over 40 years of experience
- Long shelf life
- Some people say it’s not as fresh or flavorful as other powders
3. Terrasoul Superfoods – Organic WheatGrass Juice Powder
If you want an immune system boost with wheatgrass shots, then Terrasoul Superfoods has the ideal wheatgrass juice powder for you.
It’s organic, made in the U.S., and highly concentrated for chlorophyll-rich juices and smoothies that soothe an empty stomach and deliver numerous nutritional benefits.
As a 25:1 concentrated form of wheatgrass, this juice powder cleanses, nourishes, detoxifies, and heals the body for a stronger immune system.
When taking this nutrient-dense wheatgrass juice powder every day, you get 2.7mg of iron, 184mg of potassium, and 133mcg of vitamin K.
- Highly concentrated powder for nutritious wheatgrass juice
- Great source of vitamin K to support normal blood clotting and bone development
- Potent juice powder nourishes and detoxifies the body for better immunity
- 25:1 concentrated wheatgrass for delicious, nutrient-rich juice powder
- Contains calcium, iron, and potassium
- May not mix as well with water
2. Micro Ingredients – Organic Wheat Grass Powder
When it comes to organic wheatgrass powder sustainably grown in the U.S., Micro Ingredients leads the way.
A 3g scoop is the same as 10 tray-grown shots and offers a 100% whole leaf, vegan wheatgrass supplement to help digestive function.
With 94 servings per bag, you can have a rich source of vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants in a daily smoothie or juice.
Micro Ingredients says its organic wheatgrass powder supports colon and heart health with ample antioxidants, while vitamins A, B, and C can help prevent illness.
- Powdered supplement made from 100% whole leaf wheatgrass
- USDA organic, non-GMO, and vegan
- Organic, sustainable sourcing from U.S. farms
- High in fibers, minerals, and immune vitamins
- Good bulk buy with 94 servings per bag
- Some people say the zipped bag is too messy
1. Amazing Grass – Organic Wheat Grass Powder
Amazing Grass has the best organic wheatgrass powder overall, thanks to its 100% whole leaf powder formula providing energy detox and immunity support.
One scoop of this nutritious whole leaf wheatgrass powder has the same nutritional value as 10 tray-grown shots.
As a USDA organic wheatgrass powder, Amazing Grass helps alkalize, aids digestion, promotes detox and increases immunity.
With 30 servings of chlorophyll providing greens, this is a great way to consume wheatgrass in drinks or smoothies to boost essential amino acids and minerals.
- Daily dose of greens that mixes easily in water and juices
- Organic wheatgrass powder with essential amino acids
- Naturally rich source of chlorophyll
- Helps with immune balance and detoxification
- USDA organic and non-GMO
- Some people say it tastes bitter
FAQs About Wheatgrass Powder
Now that you’ve taken a look at the best wheatgrass juice powders, learn more about the wheatgrass plant and supplements with these frequently asked questions and answers.
Q: What is wheatgrass powder good for?
As a plant superfood, wheatgrass powder is high in chlorophyll, iron, and calcium, so the more wheatgrass juice you drink, the better.
Many people choose wheatgrass powder for a daily immune boost or a healthy smoothie that contains all nine essential amino acids.
Wheatgrass powder is easy to mix into water, juices, and smoothies, making it a valuable addition to any diet.
Q: When should I drink wheatgrass powder?
You can drink wheatgrass powder any time of day, whenever you feel like you want a big boost of nutrients.
If you start to feel sick, it’s probably a good idea to have wheatgrass juice for an antioxidant immune boost.
The more nutrients you have in your system, the better your body can fight off infection and inflammation.
Many people drink wheatgrass powder every morning to start the day, which may be a good idea for you to increase overall wellness.
Q: Does wheatgrass powder have side effects?
Generally, wheatgrass powder does not have side effects, as it’s a plant-based superfood that offers a wide range of health benefits for the digestive and immune systems.
However, sometimes people report nausea, headaches, or an upset stomach after drinking wheatgrass juice, so if that’s the case for you, it’s best to lower your intake or talk to a doctor.
Also, if wheatgrass powder appears spoiled or has an overly bitter taste, it’s best to stay safe and discard it.
Q: Is powdered wheatgrass as good as fresh?
Powdered wheatgrass is carefully processed to maintain as much nutritional content as possible, meaning it’s still very healthy, just like fresh wheatgrass juice.
While fresh wheatgrass juice has live enzymes to fight off viruses and microbes, wheatgrass powder is easier to mix with your favorite drink or take with you on the go, and it also contains fiber to help with digestion.
Just keep in mind a reputable brand will offer extensive nutritional support through powdered wheatgrass, and you can always read the ingredient label to confirm.
Q: What do you mix wheatgrass powder with?
The best wheatgrass powder can be mixed with water, juices, smoothies, and just about any other drink. Most people just stir a scoop in a glass of water for a wheatgrass shot that promotes wellness and immunity.
Consuming wheatgrass powder is a great way to add essential nutrients to your diet, as just one wheatgrass shot contains many of the vitamins and minerals your body needs to stay healthy and strong.
From antioxidant immune system support to vitamins A, C, and E, the best wheatgrass juice powder offers it all.
Don’t forget that humans digest wheatgrass easily thanks to the lack of gluten, so you can look forward to digestive support and an incredible immune boost with the top wheatgrass powder brands.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best wheatgrass powders:
- Amazing Grass – Organic Wheat Grass Powder
- Micro Ingredients – Organic Wheat Grass Powder
- Terrasoul Superfoods – Organic WheatGrass Juice Powder
- Starwest Botanicals – Organic Wheatgrass Powder
- Dr. Berg’s – Wheatgrass Superfood Powder
- Navitas Organics – Wheatgrass Juice Powder
- Sari Foods – Organic Wheatgrass Powder
- Antler Farms – Organic New Zealand Wheat Grass Powder
- KOS Organic – Wheatgrass Juice Powder
- Horbäach – Wheat Grass Powder
If you enjoyed this article, check out some of our other health supplement lists:
- The 10 Best Ginger Supplements
- The 10 Best Organ Support Supplements
- The 10 Best Aloe Vera Supplements
- The 10 Best Chlorella Supplements
- The 10 Best Glutathione Supplements
- The 10 Best Prostate Supplements