The 10 Best Prostate Supplements
What are the best prostate supplements?
The prostate gland is part of the male reproductive system, and this walnut-sized organ is situated just below the bladder.
The prostate plays an important role in making reproductive fluid, but like other organs, prostate cells are susceptible to health issues, such as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), prostatitis, and cancer.
While these health concerns may seem overwhelming, especially as the risk of prostate cancer goes up as men age, many people take prostate health supplements to minimize health problems and maintain optimal prostate health.
We know there’s a lot of nutritional supplements on the market, which is why we narrowed it down to find the best supplements for healthy prostate function.
Check out our list of the top supplements for overall prostate health.
The Best Prostate Supplements
Our supplement lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best prostate supplements:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. UltaLife – UltraMan Advanced Prostate Complex
When it comes to natural supplements for the prostate, you can’t go wrong with the UltraMan Advanced Prostate Complex, thanks to its careful formula that benefits the urinary and immune systems.
The brand says its prostate supplement offers natural prostate and urinary health support plus DHT blocker to stop hair loss, so it’s a well-rounded option for those looking to avoid an enlarged prostate or prostate cancer.
Men with frequent urination benefit from 34 powerful ingredients, including saw palmetto extract, beta-sitosterol, and stinging nettle.
This supplement also includes pygeum africanum herb powder which has medicinal properties to help with prostate enlargement and reishi mushroom.
- Advanced prostate complex addresses frequent urination.
- 34 powerful herbal ingredients with zinc, green tea, and selenium.
- Excellent source of saw palmetto extract and beta-sitosterol.
- Pygeum africanum herb powder to help prevent enlarged prostate.
- Helps with hair loss and sleep.
- Contains soy.
9. Teraputics – ProstatePro
Teraputics: ProstatePro combines 33 herbs in a powerful palmetto supplement used to treat symptoms of prostate and urinary issues, such as frequent urination and hair loss.
This premium, all-in-one blend supports optimal prostate wellbeing with 200mg of saw palmetto berries, 300mg of plant sterol complex, and 100mg of pygeum africanum bark powder.
There’s also 50mg of red raspberry fruit powder and green tea leaf extract, which may help prevent prostate cancer.
Not only does this super potent formula help with an overactive bladder, but the saw palmetto berries help hair grow longer and faster by blocking DHT.
- Maximum strength formula with 33 herbs for optimal prostate support.
- Saw palmetto berries block DHT enzyme conversion to help with hair growth.
- Contains zinc, copper, and selenium for immune support.
- Helps with overactive bladder.
- Source of vitamin B and vitamin E.
- Gelatin capsules aren’t vegetarian-friendly.
8. ProstaGenix – Multiphase Prostate Compound
ProstaGenix: Multiphase Prostate Compound offers over 1,000mg of total sterols to dramatically decrease urinary urgency with a healthy flow and complete emptying.
The brand says its impressive blend of vitamins and minerals can help men with urinary symptoms and sleep patterns as they get older.
This popular prostate supplement provides 1,050mg of BetaRexin proprietary sterol blend and 300mg of Polyphenol Super Support Matrix with grape seed and pomegranate extract.
You can also get your daily dose of vitamin D, iodine, zinc, selenium, copper, and manganese to alleviate common prostate symptoms.
- Multiphase prostate support with sterols successfully used in clinical trials.
- Contains grape seed, pomegranate, vitamin D, iodine, and zinc.
- Relief from nighttime urination with maximum urinary flow rate.
- Decreases urgent bathroom trips.
- Highly rated by urologists.
- Larger serving size with three capsules.
7. Super Beta – Prostate Advanced
Super Beta offers advanced support for men with symptoms of BPH, as this super beta prostate supplement promotes healthy sleep and cuts down on bathroom trips.
The brand says its beta-sitosterol prostate supplement is the number one urologist-recommended supplement with three times the active ingredients as some competitors.
Instead of saw palmetto extract, this formula offers 250mg of beta-sitosterol in a rich herbal proprietary blend.
This prostate health supplement encourages well-regulated bladder emptying with 40mcg of vitamin D3, 40mg of calcium, 70mcg of selenium, and 15mg of zinc.
- Offers advanced support with more active ingredients.
- Improves bladder emptying and reduces nightly bathroom visits.
- Supports healthy urine stream with beta-sitosterol and herbal prop blend.
- Contains lycopene and reishi mushroom.
- Source of calcium, zinc, and selenium.
- Contains soy.
6. HerbTonics – Prostonic Ultra
Vegan prostate supplements from HerbTonics are 100% natural with no additives, fillers, gluten, or dairy.
By improving urinary tract function, Prostonic Ultra can help men who are experiencing uncomfortable urinary symptoms.
The high 600mg dose of saw palmetto extract helps boost testosterone levels, enhance prostate health and minimize inflammation and hair loss.
There are 60 servings per bottle with 300mg of pygeum africanum and beta-sitosterol, plus 60mg of pumpkin seed powder.
- 100% natural vegan prostate health supplement.
- Carefully formulated for men with frequent urination issues.
- 2x the standard saw palmetto content for a powerful health boost.
- Contains beta-sitosterol, pumpkin powder, and pygeum africanum.
- Prevents hair loss and inflammation.
- Need to remember to take 30 minutes before a meal for the best results.
5. Real Health Laboratories – The Prostate Formula
The Prostate Formula beats out many prostate supplements with its 320mg dose of saw palmetto and 300mg of calcium.
Taking these saw palmetto supplements supports improved prostate function, better bladder emptying, and reduced urinary urges.
You get a three-month supply with 270 tablets per bottle, making this the ideal prostate health supplement for buying in bulk.
In addition to the rich saw palmetto content, each serving provides 100mcg of selenium, 60mg of pomegranate extract, and 30mg of ginger root extract for optimal men’s herbal health.
- Saw palmetto berries promote proper urinary function.
- Zinc, pomegranate, and pumpkin seed encourage prostate health.
- Supports normal prostate size and free urinary flow.
- Natural peppermint flavor.
- Great bulk buy with 90 servings.
- May cause minor stomach irritation in some people.
4. Garden of Life – Dr. Formulated Probiotics Prostate+
Garden of Life: Dr. Formulated Probiotics Prostate+ is the best probiotic for prostate support with a careful formula that supports healthy prostate function and digestive balance.
As a 50 billion CFU probiotic supplement, there are 15 probiotic strains in this formula, including Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacteria, which provide constipation relief and digestive health support.
A serving of two capsules gives you 164mg of men’s probiotic blend, plus 500mg of organic cranberry and 440mg of fiber blend.
Also, these prostate supplements offer 125% of the recommended daily value for vitamin D with 25mcg, which may protect against benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer.
- Raw probiotic supplement with no refrigeration required.
- 15 probiotic strains proven to help digestive balance.
- Keeps prostate healthy for normal urination.
- Good source of vitamin D and fiber.
- Gluten, dairy, and soy-free.
- Just 30 servings per container.
3. Life Extension – Ultra Prostate Formula
Life Extension: Ultra Prostate Formula is ideal for treating symptoms of BPH with natural ingredients, especially for aging prostate glands.
The comprehensive prostate support of this non-GMO, gluten-free dietary supplement is designed to help men as they get older and prostate health becomes even more important.
Synergistic herbs support normal urine flow with 320mg of saw palmetto, 240mg of nettle root, and 10mg of lycopene.
You only need to take two softgels per serving, which also gives you 200mg of pumpkin seed extract to help with hormonal balance and prostate function.
- Designed for aging prostate glands to support men’s health.
- High in saw palmetto, beta-sitosterol, and healthy pumpkin seed fatty acids.
- Protects against excess estrogen levels.
- Promotes healthy urinary patterns and flow.
- Softgels are easy to swallow, with two per serving.
- Contains maltodextrin.
2. NOW Foods – Prostate Health
Now Foods: Prostate Health uses a clinical strength prostate formula to provide comprehensive prostate health support in easy-to-swallow softgel form.
This health complex is made with targeted nutrients to improve prostate health, including saw palmetto, beta-sitosterol, and lycopene.
Each serving gives you 1g of pumpkin seed oil to address symptoms of benign prostate hyperplasia, as well as 320mg of saw palmetto and 240mg of stinging nettle root extract.
850mg of plant sterols and 100mg of turmeric root extract help with a healthy immune system on top of the benefits for prostate symptoms.
- High in botanicals and herbs for ultra natural prostate health.
- Plant sterols promote a healthy prostate along with zinc and vitamin D.
- Clinical strength formula with GMP quality manufacturing.
- Supports overall wellbeing and life balance.
- 180 softgels, 60 servings per container.
- Contains gelatin and is not suitable for vegetarians.
1. Revive – Prostate
As the best prostate supplement overall, Revive: Prostate is made with all-natural ingredients in a complete prostate health formula.
Not only does this formula support estrogen levels and metabolism to help the prostate and bladder stay healthy, but it also keeps bathroom trips under control so you can go about your daily life without interruptions.
Revive helps with healthy urinary flow and estrogen levels thanks to 300mg of BioResponse DIM, 500mcg of copper bisglycinate chelate, and 50mcg of selenium citrate.
You also get 400mg of saw palmetto extract, which is commonly used to treat enlarged prostate and other BPH symptoms, as well as beta-sitosterol, which can improve urine flow and high cholesterol.
- Contains herbal extracts, including saw palmetto, stinging nettle and pumpkin seed oil.
- Complete health formula helps with prostate function to minimize bathroom trips.
- BioResponse DIM is good for hormone metabolism in both men and women.
- Supports healthy urine flow and estrogen levels.
- Comes with 120 veggie capsules per bottle.
- Need to take four capsules per serving.
FAQs About Prostate Supplements
Now that you know which supplements work best to support prostate health and improve urinary tract function, take a look at our answers to the most frequently asked questions about prostate supplements.
Q: What are the benefits of prostate supplements?
If you’re looking to alleviate lower urinary tract symptoms or address benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), then prostate supplements with saw palmetto are a good place to start.
Natural supplements can help promote a healthy prostate and reproductive system, which in turn lowers the risk of sexual dysfunction and prostate disease.
Saw palmetto extract blocks 5-alpha-reductase, which is the enzyme used in converting testosterone to DHT, the molecule responsible for prostate enlargement and hair loss.
This means you can take prostate supplements to improve prostate health, enhance urine flow, reduce urination urges and stop hair loss.
The best supplements effectively support prostate health, which is important when considering the risks of prostate cancer, indicated by a prostate-specific antigen test.
The risk of prostate cancer goes up as men age, so doing something simple, such as taking a daily prostate supplement, offers health benefits and peace of mind.
Q: What are the side effects of prostate supplements?
Most of the time, prostate supplements with saw palmetto offer impressive health benefits with minimal side effects, if any.
However, there is always the possibility of side effects when taking dietary supplements, and for saw palmetto and similar prostate supplements, they can impact sexual function or cause nausea, headaches, vomiting, and constipation.
The good news is, medical professionals, say saw palmetto, the main ingredient in most prostate supplements, is well-tolerated by most people.
Of course, if you have any concerns about prostate supplements and side effects, you should always ask a doctor who can provide medical advice.
One other thing to keep in mind is that persistent urinary issues may be a sign of a more serious health condition, so if you’re taking a prostate supplement and still struggling with urination, you should see a doctor.
There’s a higher chance of successful treatment when prostate disease and prostate cancer are caught early, so make sure you listen to your body and seek professional advice if prostate supplements don’t seem to help.
Q: How long does it take for prostate supplements to work?
Many men take prostate supplements with saw palmetto as they get older, especially because half of all men show signs of an enlarged prostate by the time they turn 50.
When taking prostate supplements to improve urinary flow or symptoms of BPH, it usually takes a few weeks, if not a month or two, before there are noticeable improvements.
While some people may notice fast relief within a few days of taking potent doses of herbal ingredients, such as saw palmetto and stinging nettle, you can expect more substantial changes by 4 to 6 weeks.
Always make sure to take the full course of saw palmetto prostate supplements for the best results, and ask your doctor if you have any ongoing concerns about your prostate health.
Q: What vitamins or supplements are good for prostate health?
Not everyone wants to take a prescription drug for urinary health, which is why all-natural men’s health supplements are in high demand for prostate and reproductive health, as well as preventing more serious health concerns, including prostate cancer.
Saw palmetto extract is found in most of the leading prostate supplement brands, as it’s been evaluated in medical studies and found to alleviate urinary tract symptoms and other health problems associated with an enlarged prostate.
Vitamin C, fiber, lycopene, and omega-3 fatty acids are other important nutrients to look for in a prostate supplement, as they offer impressive immune support, too.
Supplements with beta-sitosterol help with prostate health, urination, and sexual performance as well, and when paired with reishi mushroom, the potential benefits are even greater.
Q: What is the most effective prostate supplement?
Herbal supplements with saw palmetto, stinging nettle, reishi mushroom, and green tea extract are the best prostate health supplements.
That’s because these natural ingredients have been shown to support prostate health and promote regular urination.
Pygeum africanum bark powder is another ingredient to look for when buying prostate supplements, as it’s an effective herbal remedy for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
When looking for an effective prostate supplement, make sure to check the doses of different herbal ingredients so you can find the most potent formula.
The best prostate supplement brands are safe and reliable, so you can look forward to a natural boost for your overall prostate health.
There are many health benefits associated with prostate support supplements, from improving urinary function to addressing symptoms of chronic prostatitis.
Whether you’re tired of frequent urination or you just want to maintain prostate health as you get older, the best prostate supplement can make a big difference.
Remember to look for supplements that support prostate health with saw palmetto extract, green tea extract, and stinging nettle, which offers herbal relief for urinary symptoms and prostate enlargement.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best prostate supplements:
- Revive – Prostate
- NOW Foods – Prostate Health
- Life Extension – Ultra Prostate Formula
- Garden of Life – Dr. Formulated Probiotics Prostate+
- Real Health Laboratories – The Prostate Formula
- HerbTonics – Prostonic Ultra
- Super Beta – Prostate Advanced
- ProstaGenix – Multiphase Prostate Compound
- Teraputics – ProstatePro
- UltaLife – UltraMan Advanced Prostate Complex
If you enjoyed this article, check out some of our other health supplement lists:
- The 10 Best Ginger Supplements
- The 10 Best Organ Support Supplements
- The 10 Best Aloe Vera Supplements
- The 10 Best Wheatgrass Powders
- The 10 Best Chlorella Supplements
- The 10 Best Glutathione Supplements
What’s your favorite prostate supplement? Leave a comment below.
SEARCH THE SITE