Which are the best omega-3 supplements?
Omega-3 fatty acids are shown to reduce joint inflammation, lower blood pressure, and boost overall heart health.
However, to make sure you’re getting enough in your diet, you need to be consuming a fair amount of fish, like salmon.
But, if you’re not a fan of fish, or don’t fancy cooking it all the time, then a high-quality omega-3 supplement can help you meet your daily requirements.
So, we’ve put together a list of the best omega-3 supplements on the market right now, ranging in potency and strength, so you can choose the one that’s best for you and start benefiting from the powers of omega-3!
Here’s a list of the 10 best omega-3 supplements.
“Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain our own.”
The 10 Best Omega-3 Supplements
The list of omega-3 supplements and figures mentioned below has been compiled from various sources around the web.
These are the 10 best omega-3 supplements:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Micro Ingredients – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Triple Strength Burpless Fish Oil Omega 3 Supplement,...
- Our Omega 3 Fish Oil Concentrates are in the...
- Deep Ocean Fish, Come from Wild Caught at Norwegian Sea...
The triple-strength Omega-3 fish oil from Micro Ingredients contains 3,750mg of fish oil per serving, split into 2,000mg of EPA, 1,500mg of DHA, and 250mg of other omega Fatty Acids.
Each pouch contains 300 softgels, which are entirely free from preservatives, artificial colors and flavors, soy, dairy, and gluten.
Micro Ingredients recommends taking three softgels a day with meals for maximum results.
9. Smarter Vitamins – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Includeds 3 Bottles with 60 softgels each for a total...
- Brain Omega-3 Support - Brain Health Support, Brain...
- AlaskOmega Omega 3 Fish Oil Concentrates Are 100%...
Smarter Vitamins Omega-3 Fish Oils are free from artificial preservatives, flavors, and colors and, do not contain gluten, lactose, egg, and yeast.
One bottle includes 60 softgels, which are recommended to be consumed throughout 30 servings, or the equivalent of two softgels a day.
In each serving, you’ll receive approximately 2,000mg of Fish Oil, 1,500mg of omega-3 Fatty Acids, 800mg of EPA, 600mg of DHA, and 100mg of other omega-3’s.
The softgels use natural strawberry flavors to eliminate the unpleasant fishy aftertaste and are 100% sourced from Alaskan fish from The Bering Sea, Alaska.
For optimal results, Smarter Vitamins recommends taking two softgels a day following a complete meal.
8. BioSchwartz – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Enhanced absorption and bioavailability: Unlike most...
- Sustainably caught from iceland: The fish are never...
- 2,250MG Fish Oil Per Serving - Each daily serving...
The ultra-pure fish oil omega-3 from BioSchwartz is naturally sourced from freshly caught fish in Iceland.
It’s formulated by doctors and free from GMOs, fillers, binders, preservatives, artificial flavors and colors, chemicals, and solvents.
Each bottle contains 30 servings of omega-3, including 1,200mg of EPA, 900mg of DHA, and 150mg of other omega-3 Fatty Acids.
To get the most out of their omega-3 supplement, BioShwartz recommends taking three softgels/one serving per day with a meal.
7. Nature Made – Fish Oil
- HEART HEALTHY OMEGA 3s: The omega 3s EPA and DHA found...
- 125-DAY SUPPLY: Each serving (2 softgels) of this fish...
- DEEP OCEAN FISH: Deep ocean fish naturally offer an...
A bottle of Nature Made Fish Oil contains a 125-day supply of omega-3 fish oil.
Inside each bottle, you’ll receive 250 softgels that include 600mg of EPA & DHA per serving.
Nature Made source their fish oil from wild-caught ocean fish and go through a meticulous purification process to remove all the mercury, to offer the purest omega-3 fish oil on the market.
The softgels are free from artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, wheat, yeast, and gluten.
For optimal absorption, Nature Made recommends consuming two softgels a day with a meal, either in the morning, afternoon, or evening.
6. Arazo Nutrition – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- High dose of 4,080mg Omega 3 fish oil; higher EPA and...
- Ultra pure and refined; purified with molecular...
- 100% wild ocean catch; from fresh, deep sea sourced,...
Arazo Nutrition makes the next best omega-3 supplement on the market right now.
They use fish oil extracted from wild-caught, omega-3 rich ocean fish, and use a method of extraction that guarantees low levels of contaminants, oxidation, and pollutants.
Each serving contains 4,080mg of omega-3 fish oil, which is split equally between three softgels.
The fish oil has been purified of heavy metals, PCBs, and other toxins using molecular distillation, and is manufactured in a GMP certified facility in the U.S.
Arazo Nutrition recommends taking three fish oil softgels a day with 8oz of water and a well-balanced meal.
5. MAV Nutrition – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Quality source of omega 3 . Not all Omega 3 is high...
- Premium series naturally sourced . Omega 3 fatty acids...
- Burpless no fishy aftertaste . Our Fish Oil is burpless...
MAV Nutrition’s Omega-3 Fish Oil is 100% natural and free from harmful additives.
Every bottle contains 120 softgels, or 40 servings if you follow Mav Nutrition’s recommended serving size.
Each serving contains 3,600mg of fish oil, consisting of 2,160mg of omega-3, 1,296mg of EPA, and 864mg of DHA.
The softgels are burpless and won’t leave you with an unpleasant fishy aftertaste or cause digestive issues.
For best results, Mav Nutrition recommends taking three softgels a day with meals.
4. Nordic Naturals – Ultimate Omega
- WHY OMEGA-3S - Research shows that the essential fatty...
- #1 FISH OIL BRAND IN THE U.S.** - Nordic Naturals...
- BETTER ABSORPTION, BETTER TASTE, NO FISHY BURPS - All...
Ultimate Omega by Nordic Naturals is a high-potency omega-3 fish oil with natural lemon flavoring.
Inside each bottle, you’ll receive 90 softgels that offer 1,280mg of fish oil per serving.
Each serving consists of 650mg of EPA, 450mg of DHA, and 180mg of other omega-3s.
The formula used to make the softgels is backed by fourteen clinical studies and meets the recommended daily dose suggested by the American Heart Association to support a healthy heart.
Every softgel of Ultimate Omega is crafted from fresh, wild-caught, omega-rich fish. It’s also free from GMOs, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, dairy, and gluten.
Nordic Naturals recommends taking two softgels daily with food, or twice daily for ultimate support.
3. Sports Research – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Just one softgel contains at least 1037mg of Omega-3...
- Provides Essential Fatty Acids EPA + DHA that may help...
- Non-GMO Verified, Pescatarian Friendly and IFOS 5-Star...
Omega-3 fish oil from Sports Research uses wild Alaskan pollock from the Bering sea.
Every bottle comes with 90 softgel capsules that contain 1,250mg of fish oil each.
Sports Research uses advanced molecular distillation to ensure the fish oil is free from PCBs, mercury, and heavy metals.
And it does not contain any artificial coloring, fillers, soy, or gluten.
To get the most out of the fish oil, Sports Research recommends consuming one softgel a day with food, consistently.
2. Dr. Tobias – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Helps Promote Overall Health: Our extra strength fish...
- 3x the Omega 3s: Each serving contains 2,000 mg of fish...
- Optimal Absorption, No Fishy Aftertaste: The enteric...
Dr. Tobias Omega-3 Fish Oil contains 2,000mg of triple-strength premium fish oil.
Each serving delivers 1,400mg of omega-3s, consisting of 800mg of EPA and 600mg of DHA.
The enteric coating provides better absorption and helps prevent a fishy aftertaste.
Dr. Tobias uses 100% non-GMO wild-caught fish oil in their softgels, formulated in an FDA-registered and inspected GMP-certified facility.
It’s also purified using molecular distillation to remove PCBs, heavy metals, and other toxins.
For best results, Dr. Tobias recommends a dosage of two softgels a day, to be taken with meals.
1. Performance Lab Omega-3
Performance Lab prides itself on having some of the cleanest formulated products on the market. Even whilst browsing their website, their mission statement on clean, friendly, and transparent products is abundantly clear.
Their Omega-3 supplement is non-GMO and contains no soy, wheat, peanuts, egg, dairy, fish, or shellfish.
It’s also free of caffeine, gluten, synthetic additives, artificial colors, and preservatives.
One bottle contains 60 softgels, which is equivalent to 30 servings. You can find out more information about Performance Lab’s Omega-3 supplement, as well as their other products on their website.
We hope you enjoyed our list of the 10 best omega-3 supplements.
Omega-3 has been part of our supplement stack for as long as we can remember.
If we don’t take it, we notice an immediate difference in joint inflammation, particularly in the elbows and knees.
If you enjoyed this list, check out:
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best omega-3 supplements:
- Performance Lab Omega-3
- Dr. Tobias – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Sports Research – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Nordic Naturals – Ultimate Omega
- MAV Nutrition – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Arazo Nutrition – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Nature Made – Fish Oil
- BioSchwartz – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Smarter Vitamins – Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Micro Ingredients – Omega-3 Fish Oil