What are the best ginger supplements?
Ginger root comes from the flowering ginger plant and has been a popular folk medicine and spice for thousands of years, with an impressive history dating back to ancient times.
Ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which is why it’s in such high demand, both to take on its own or paired with turmeric curcumin for an even stronger digestive health supplement.
If you like the idea of soothing stomachaches and nausea with an all-natural remedy, then organic ginger powder is a great choice.
There’s no shortage of options out there on the supplement market, with everything from Himalaya organic ginger to citrus ginger gummies support.
To help you narrow down the options and find the ideal ginger supplement for you, we put together this list of the best ginger supplement products.
So, if you’re considering organic ginger capsules or another type of ginger supplement to boost your immune system, make sure you put these options at the top of your list.
The Best Ginger Supplements
Our supplement lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best ginger supplements:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Horbäach Ginger – Root Extract
Horbäach Ginger – Root Extract is a gluten and alcohol-free liquid extract that’s super-concentrated for maximum digestive support.
It’s a simple yet effective mix of ginger extract, vegetable glycerin, and purified water that’s quickly absorbed for fast results.
If you need fast relief from an upset stomach or motion sickness, then this liquid extract works wonders thanks to its natural antioxidant properties.
To get the most out of this herbal supplement, you should take 1mL three times a day, diluted in a small glass of water.
- Super concentrated, alcohol-free liquid extract
- Vegetarian, non-GMO, and gluten-free ginger supplement
- Can be added to different drinks such as water or juice
- Gingerol offers an antioxidant boost
- No artificial color or flavors
- Must be diluted in water first
9. Pure Mountain – Botanicals Ginger
This option from Pure Mountain features 1,000mg of organic ginger root for a clean and effective herbal supplement.
It’s 100% organic with 90 veggie caps per bottle, so you can improve your overall health and wellbeing using a safe, non-GMO, and gluten-free solution.
The brand says its kosher ginger supplements are gentle on your body to help with digestion and nausea.
There are no harsh ingredients as Pure Mountain doesn’t use fillers, preservatives, or flowing agents like magnesium stearate.
- Excellent source of organic ginger root
- Vegetable capsules help with stomach problems
- No harsh preservatives or magnesium stearate
- The brand is committed to sustainable sourcing
- Can be taken 1-3 times a day
- Some people prefer extract form
8. NOW Foods – Ginger Root Extract
NOW Foods leads the way in ginger extract for an upset stomach, as its careful formula temporarily relieves mild nausea to help you feel better.
The NOW manufacturing process is GMP quality assured, with industry certification confirming the product formulation, potency, and stability ticks all the boxes.
You can take one capsule at mealtime up to three times a day, with 250mg of ginger extract and 225mg of ginger powder.
This formula is standardized to a minimum of 5% gingerols, ensuring the traditional healing properties of ginger are carried through for effective digestive support.
- 90 servings for reliable upset stomach relief
- Vegetarian/vegan digestive support
- Standardized to a minimum 5% gingerols
- Powerful antioxidants to fight free radicals
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Not certified organic
7. Nature’s Bounty – Ginger Root
If you’re seeking natural relief from occasional motion sickness and digestive problems, Nature’s Bounty delivers with this quality ginger extract supplement.
One capsule has 550mg of ginger, providing support for upset stomach and joint pain in addition to dizziness and inflammation.
As non-GMO ginger supplements, these capsules are free of artificial sweeteners, preservatives, sugar, and starch.
Another benefit is the brand itself, as Nature’s Bounty has over 40 years of experience making some of the greatest nutritional supplements out there.
- Helps with motion sickness and digestive health
- 100 ginger supplement servings per container
- Made in the U.S. by a leading supplement brand
- Soothes sour stomach
- No soy, gluten, or sodium
- Needs to be taken three times a day with food for the best results
6. Nature’s Way – Ginger Root
When it comes to traditional digestive support, you can’t go wrong with Nature’s Way vegan capsules, thanks to the potent dose of 1,100mg per serving.
The brand keeps things simple yet effective with pure ginger capsules that deliver the same soothing health benefits for the digestive system as the traditional remedies deeply rooted in Asian and Arabic cultures.
Nature’s Way ginger supplement is gluten-free and made without dairy, wheat, soy, corn, or artificial preservatives.
Taking two capsules a day is enough to deliver powerful support for the digestive and immune system, soothing nausea and inflammation in the process.
- Nature’s Way is a well-known supplement brand
- Good value with 120 servings per container
- Non-GMO vegan capsules support digestive health
- Gluten free with no artificial colors or flavors
- No added sugars or salt
- Needs to be taken with a full glass of water to avoid heartburn
5. The Ginger People – Organic Ginger Juice
If you prefer a liquid ginger supplement, then this organic ginger juice from The Ginger People may be perfect for you.
This liquid ginger product serves as a daily health shot as it contains 2.5lb. of fresh ginger per bottle.
A 2 tbsp. serving has 125mg of potassium to support normal cell, muscle, and nerve function on top of the immune system support.
While you get a hint of natural fruit flavors, the main benefit of this ginger juice is how versatile it is.
You can use it in water, cocktails, and tea to help with digestion, nausea, immunity, and exercise recovery.
- 2.5lb. of fresh ginger per bottle for the ultimate health shot
- Fresh ginger flavor is great for making drinks or cooking
- Aids in digestion, inflammation, and weight loss
- USDA organic with no added sugar
- Great for keto diets and detox
- More noticeable flavor compared to capsules
4. Havasu Nutrition – Turmeric & Ginger Gummies
Not everyone likes swallowing supplements in capsule or tablet form, which is why these ginger gummies from Havasu Nutrition are becoming more and more popular.
These fun, flavorful chews are designed to restore, relieve, and revive with powerful antioxidants to reduce inflammation.
Havasu Nutrition’s gummies support healthy skin and optimal joint, muscle, and heart health while also soothing your upset stomach.
A serving of two gummies includes 300mg of turmeric root extract and 50mg of ginger root, plus natural peach flavors to make them easy to eat.
- Combines the antioxidant power of turmeric with ginger
- Nutrient-packed gummies are great for on the go
- 100% natural and vegan ginger gummies
- Promotes healthier skin and joints
- Delicious peach flavor
- Contains sucrose and glucose syrup
3. Puritan’s Pride – Ginger Root
When it comes to whole herb ginger supplements, Puritan’s Pride gets the job done with 550mg of ginger root to temporarily relieve mild nausea.
There are 220 rapid-release capsules in every bottle, giving you a safe and effective solution for the occasional upset stomach.
The capsules are smaller than one inch, so they are easy to swallow, offering natural goodness for a healthy digestive system all around.
In addition to the healthy inflammatory response, these supplements help with dizziness from motion sickness. You can even open the capsules up to sprinkle on food for an extra bit of spice too.
- Natural, whole herb ginger supplement for gentle nausea relief
- Powerful rapid-release ginger capsules made with fine herbs and spices
- Only one needed per serving with 220 capsules total
- Relieves upset stomach and motion sickness
- No artificial colors or preservatives
- Gelatin capsules aren’t for everyone
2. Horbäach – Ginger Root
If you’re looking for natural remedies in bulk, Horbäach – Ginger Root is the way to go, thanks to 100 servings per container.
The quick-release capsules offer 1,500mg of ginger root proprietary blend, making the most of soothing botanicals and traditional Chinese health practices that have been used for centuries.
The Horbäach ginger supplement formula contains no artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
Just take two capsules each day with a meal for natural digestive support and impressive health benefits to power a happy and healthy lifestyle.
- Offers natural immune support with no artificial flavors or sweeteners
- Quick-release capsules absorb quickly
- Promotes digestive health
- Great bulk buy with 100 servings
- Non-GMO and gluten free
- Prop blend ingredients aren’t entirely clear
1. Vimerson Health – Turmeric Curcumin & Ginger
As the best ginger supplement overall, Vimerson Health – Turmeric Curcumin & Ginger is an excellent source of joint pain relief.
These all-natural ginger supplements offer immune support with 95% curcuminoids, providing a big antioxidant boost for a healthier inflammatory response.
A serving of two capsules gives you 1,000mg of organic turmeric root, 200mg of ginger 4:1 extract, and 100mg of turmeric extract.
An extra 10mg of BioPerine increases nutrient absorption and decreases inflammation for optimal cardiovascular and digestive support.
- Powerful formula with turmeric, curcumin, ginger, and black pepper
- Offers natural joint pain relief and immune support
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, and dairy-free
- Vegan capsules are high in antioxidants
- Minimizes inflammation
- Just 30 servings per bottle
FAQs About Ginger Supplements
After checking out our top picks for ginger herbal supplements, learn more about ginger root and how it can help your health with our answers to these frequently asked questions.
Q: What are ginger supplements good for?
If you’re seeking natural digestive support and high potency vitamin C, a standardized organic ginger extract could work for you and plays an important role in maintaining overall immune health for a strong, healthy circulatory system.
Similar to turmeric supplements which it’s often combined with, ginger supplements can reduce inflammation, irritation, and swelling.
Ginger is used to treat a number of common ailments such as cold, flu, nausea, migraines, arthritis, and hypertension.
The top ginger supplements are a quick, safe way to alleviate upset stomach or motion sickness while also supporting the digestive system and immune health.
For example, just a small touch of Himalaya ginger powder can quickly calm an unsettled stomach and minimize inflammation in your muscles and joints.
Q: Is it safe to take ginger supplements every day?
The great thing about ginger supplements is that you can take them every day as an anti-inflammatory supplement.
Whether you’re taking an organic ginger rhizome extract or another ginger root supplement, just remember to read the ingredient label first for instructions on the recommended dosage and when to take it.
Generally, pregnant women should consult a doctor before taking ginger, and so should people who are taking blood thinners or have gallstones.
If you don’t fall into any of those categories, then you’re most likely fine to take organic ginger supplements once a day, but you can check with your doctor to be sure.
Q: What are the side effects of taking ginger?
A key advantage of taking ginger is that there aren’t many side effects, so long as you stay under 5g of ginger a day, or 1g during pregnancy.
If you take too much ginger, you may experience heartburn or gas. There’s also the possibility ginger’s components could cause issues with normal blood clotting, which is why doctors recommend patients stop taking ginger supplements one week before surgery.
In case you feel concerned about certain symptoms or persistent digestive problems after taking ginger supplements, always talk to your doctor just to be safe.
Q: When should I take ginger supplements?
Unlike some other supplements and immune support capsules, ginger supplements don’t have a set time when you should take them.
That’s because most people take ginger when they want a natural, drug-free way to soothe an irritated stomach, mild nausea, or other sources of inflammation.
In other words, you can take citrus ginger gummies or simple crushed ginger supplements whenever you think you need them.
Just remember to check the directions on your chosen ginger supplement brand, as some may have recommendations on when to take these ginger capsules, such as with food or drink.
Q: How much ginger should I take daily?
To naturally enhance your immune system, it’s a good idea to take 2-4 grams of ginger per day. For pregnant women, the recommended daily maximum is 1 gram of ginger.
Whether you choose kosher certified capsules or citrus ginger gummies, you can look forward to exciting health benefits from some of the most advantageous herbs.
A daily dose of ginger helps with stomach pain, inflammation, and dizziness while also providing ample immune support.
If you can find clean label project-certified ginger, that’s even better. Just remember not to take more than 5 grams of ginger a day. Otherwise, you might experience heartburn, gas, or stomachache.
Ginger root has been featured in traditional medicine going back thousands of years, and to this day, ginger remains a popular herbal supplement for drug-free relief from nausea and inflammation.
Whether you need to relieve an upset stomach or just want a simple and delicious way to maintain cardiovascular function, you can’t go wrong with a quality ginger supplement.
You may be pleasantly surprised at the immune support, natural flavors, and calming effect of the highest quality ginger supplements on the market today.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best ginger supplements:
- Vimerson Health – Turmeric Curcumin & Ginger
- Horbäach – Ginger Root
- Puritan’s Pride – Ginger Root
- Havasu Nutrition – Turmeric & Ginger Gummies
- The Ginger People – Organic Ginger Juice
- Nature’s Way – Ginger Root
- Nature’s Bounty – Ginger Root
- NOW Foods – Ginger Root Extract
- Pure Mountain – Botanicals Ginger
- Horbäach Ginger – Root Extract
If you enjoyed this article, check out some of our other health supplement lists:
- The 10 Best Organ Support Supplements
- The 10 Best Aloe Vera Supplements
- The 10 Best Wheatgrass Powders
- The 10 Best Chlorella Supplements
- The 10 Best Glutathione Supplements
- The 10 Best Prostate Supplements