What does Rich Piana’s workout routine look like?
Rich Piana was an American businessman and bodybuilder.
Piana is known for being the winner of multiple awards such as the National Physique Committee and Mr. Teen California.
Piana was known for having an amazing body and he had his own nutrition product called “Rich Piana: 5% Nutrition”. Don’t forget to share this article if you’re a big fan of Rich Piana.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Rich Piana’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
“Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain our own.”
- Height: 185.5 cm – 6’1″
- Weight: 124-7 – 129.3 kg – 275 – 285 pounds
- Age: 46 years old (1970–2017)
- Birthday: 26th of September, 1970
- Accolades: National Physique Committee, Winner, 1989
Rich Piana has been seen in several bodybuilding shows throughout his career. Piana had to follow a strict workout and diet regime to maintain his strength and muscle mass.
He allowed himself to train as he preferred, and he wouldn’t follow a set of workout routines, he picked workout routines that he felt comfortable with doing each day.
Recommended Supplement Stack
Rich Piana Workout Routine
As mentioned above, Rich Piana preferred to perform routines that he felt like doing each day. He didn’t feel like having a perfect workout routine.
He was a big advocate of machines and cables and he used them more than free weights. Piana also believed that machines and cables would give him the best results of his training.
Here is Rich Piana’s workout routine:
Rich Piana’s Chest Workout Routine
On this chest routine, Rich Piana performed 5 different routines.
Here is Rich Piana’s chest routine:
1. Incline cable fly (5 sets, 12-20 reps)
2. Hammer Strength incline press (4 sets, 8-12 reps)
3. Pec deck flat fly (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
4. Machine flat press (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
5. Standing cable crossover (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
Back Workout Routine
On this back routine, Piana performed 8 different exercises by doing an average of 5 sets and 10 reps.
Here is Rich Piana’s back routine:
1. Wide grip lat pulldown (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
2. Smith machine row (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
3. Behind-the-neck lat pulldown (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
4. Close grip seated cable row (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
5. Wide grip assisted pull-up (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
6. T-bar row (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
7. Bent over cable row (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
8. Bent over lat pulldown (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
Rich Piana’s Shoulder Workout Routine
On this shoulder routine, he hit a shoulder routine by doing 6 different exercises.
Here is Rich Piana’s shoulder routine:
1. EZ bar front raise (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
2. Seated smith machine overhead press (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
3. Dumbbell lateral raise (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
4. Smith machine upright row (5 sets, 10-15 rep)
5. Standing smith machine shrugs (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
6. Incline Rear delt fly (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
Leg Workout Routine
On this leg routine, he performed a total of 6 different exercises.
Here is Rich Piana’s leg routine:
1. Lying hamstring curls (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
2. Single leg hamstring curls (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
3. Barbell stiff leg deadlift (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
4. Seated leg extension (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
5. Leg press (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
6. Hack squat machine (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
8-Hour Arm Workout
On this 8-hour arm routine, he performed 4 different routines with an average of 4 sets and 10-15 reps.
Here is Rich Piana’s 8-hour arm routine:
1. Skullcrusher (4 sets, 10 reps)
2. Barbell curl (4 sets, 10 reps)
1. Single-arm dumbbell extension (4 sets, 15 reps)
2. Dumbbell hammer curls (4 sets, 15 reps)
Rich Piana Diet
Rich Piana didn’t follow the same strict diet every day. He enjoyed eating what his body desired that day.
Piana would eat nutritious and healthy foods most of the time while having a cheat meal once in a while such as ice cream.
Here is Rich Piana’s diet:
- Protein Shake
- Chicken Brown Rice
- Fat-free yogurt
- Protein Shake
- Ice Cream
- Protein Shake
Rich Piana used the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
Rich developed his own supplement line “5% Nutrition”, and unlike a lot of other fitness influencers, he used his own products on a daily basis. Piana was completely upfront and honest throughout his career. He spoke about his substance abuse, fitness marketing techniques, and what you should and shouldn’t copy from his lifestyle.
Here’s a list of the 5% Nutrition products Rich Piana used on a regular basis:
Rich Piana was an actor, former bodybuilder, entrepreneur, and social media personality.
Piana was best known around the world for his massive and unique looks having over 23.5-inch arms.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family.
If you enjoyed this routine, check out some of our other bodybuilder workout routines:
- Mike O’Hearn Workout Routine
- Brandon Carter Workout Routine
- Thor Bjornsson Workout Routine
- Markus Ruhl Workout Routine
- Obi Vincent Workout Routine
- CT Fletcher Workout Routine
- Chris Bumstead Workout Routine
- Simeon Panda Workout Routine
- Greg Doucette Workout Routine