What does Markus Ruhl’s workout routine look like?
Markus Ruhl is a retired professional bodybuilder and he began training when he was 18 years old. When he reached 120 pounds he began training 6 days a week until he started to compete on a professional level.
Ruhl signed a sponsorship deal in 2008 with the popular brand ‘Ultimate Nutrition’. A few years later he started his own supplement company named ‘Rühl’s Bestes’.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Markus Ruhl’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
- Height: 178 cm – 5’10”
- Weight: 130 kg – 286 pounds
- Age: 48 years old
- Birthday: 22nd of February, 1972
- Accolades: Night of Champions, Winner, 2002
Markus Ruhl’s goal in each workout is to achieve the maximum pump as possible. Ruhlmeans that the pump determines how he trains that day and if he doesn’t get a good pump he is using his usual weights.
When it comes to his diet he likes to focus on having a clean and strict diet by eating 4 large meals each day.
Markus Ruhl Workout Routine
Markus Ruhl always makes sure that he listens to his body’s signals to determine which workout would be the best at any given moment.
He makes every repetition count and by doing it this way he places the highest possible stress on his muscles.
Here is Markus Ruhl’s workout routine:
Markus Ruhl’s Chest Workout
On this chest routine, Markus Ruhl hits 5 different exercises with an average of 5 sets and 10 reps.
Here is Markus Ruhl’s chest routine:
1. Hammer strength chest press (5 sets, 8-15 reps)
2. Incline smith machine bench press (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
3. Standing cable chest fly (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
4. Incline push-up (5 sets, 15-20 reps)
5. Pec deck machine (5 sets, 15 reps)
On this back routine, he hits a total of different exercises with an average of 5 sets.
Here is Markus Ruhl’s back routine:
1. Wide grip lat pulldown (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
2. Single arm machine row (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
3. Hammer strength lat pulldown (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
4. Bent over barbell row (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
5. Single-arm dumbbell row (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
Markus Ruhl’s Shoulder Workout
On this shoulder routine, he performs 5 different exercises.
Here is Markus Ruhl’s shoulder routine:
1. Smith machine overhead press (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
2. Reverse pec deck machine (5 sets, 12-15 reps)
3. Lying cable upright row (5 sets, 12-15 reps)
4. Single arm cable lateral raises (5 sets, 12-15 reps)
5. Standing smith machine shrugs (5 sets, 15-20 reps)
On this leg routine, Ruhl hits 7 different exercises.
Here is Markus Ruhl’s leg routine:
1. Seated leg extension (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
2. Leg press (8 sets, 6-15 reps)
3. Hack squat machine (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
4. Lying hamstring curls (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
5. Single leg press machine (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
6. Seated calf raise (5 sets, 15-20 reps)
7. Standing calf raises (5 sets, 15-20 reps)
Markus Ruhl’s Arm Workout
On this arm routine, Markus Ruhl hits 4 different exercises.
Here is Markus Ruhl’s arm routine:
1. Single-arm dumbbell curl (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
2. Cable triceps push down (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
3. Single arm machine preacher curl (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
4. Machine triceps pushdown (5 sets, 10-15 reps)
Markus Ruhl Diet
Markus Ruhl’s diet focuses on eating 4 large meals each day. He normally eats 650 grams of carbs and 500 grams of protein each day. He is constantly changing his macro’s for cutting and bulking.
Here is Markus Ruhl’s diet:
- Whey protein
- Brown rice
- Sweet potato
Markus Ruhl uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
Markus Ruhl is a German bodybuilder who is known for being one of the most impressive bodybuilders in the industry. After his football injury he went on to become more interested in heavyweights and bodybuilding and today he is known for his awesome physique.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family.
If you enjoyed this routine, check out some of our other bodybuilder workout routines:
- Mike O’Hearn Workout Routine
- Brandon Carter Workout Routine
- Thor Bjornsson Workout Routine
- Obi Vincent Workout Routine
- CT Fletcher Workout Routine
- Chris Bumstead Workout Routine
- Simeon Panda Workout Routine
- Rich Piana Workout Routine
- Greg Doucette Workout Routine