What does Regan Grimes’ workout routine look like?
Regan Grimes is a professional bodybuilder, fitness coach, and social media influencer from Canada, who got his Pro card at age 22 after 5 years of training in the sport.
Regan Grimes has competed in both the IFBB men’s open bodybuilding division and the classic bodybuilding division in his career, but in 2019 he committed to the open bodybuilding division.
Grimes’ stature, body weight, and dense muscles have the community in agreement that he should compete in the Open division.
Although we’ve done thorough research on Regan Grimes’ diet and exercise regime, this article is not his exact workout routine. It provides a general idea of what he does when training for a competition, based on interviews, his own commentary, and information from trainers.
- Height: 5’11”
- Weight: 215-225 pounds
- Age: 28 years old
- Birthday: June 26, 1993
- Accolades: 2nd place in the Vancouver Pro, 5th place in Wings of Strength Chicago Pro, 5th place Tampa Pro
When asked what his favorite part about the sport was, Regan Grimes replied, “The pump! Throwing my headphones in and crushing heavy ass weight!”
Regan works both heavy mixture and isolation exercises into his workout routine to achieve hypertrophy, increase endurance, and build muscle mass.
Regan Grimes has his go-to lifts and equipment, including the Smith machine for muscle group targeting. Regan prefers deadlifts and sincerely looks forward to leg day.
Regan Grime’s Workout Routine
Regan works out five days a week, a fairly standard schedule for most professional bodybuilders, and we’re pumped to share a glimpse into his training routine.
Monday – Arm workout
This is a classic Regan Grimes workout for building pure muscle mass.
- Triceps pulldown with rope (4 sets, 10-15 reps)
- Bodyweight dip (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Close grip bench press (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- EZ bar skull crusher (4 sets, 12-15 reps)
- Bent over cable pushdown (4 sets, 12-15 reps)
- EZ bar preacher wave (4 sets, 12-15 reps)
- Alternating dumbbell curl (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Standing barbell curl (4 sets, 12-15 reps)
- Preacher curl on a machine (4 sets, 12-15 reps)
Tuesday – Leg workout
- Lying hamstring curls (4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Smith machine front squat (4 sets, 12-15 reps)
- Seated leg extension (4 sets, 12-15 reps)
- Leg press (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
- One leg hamstring curl (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Smith machine stiff leg deadlift (4 sets, 12-15 reps)
Wednesday – Shoulder workout
- Dumbbell shoulder press (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Lying cable side lateral raise (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Dumbbell front lateral raise (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Reverse pec dec machine (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Dumbbell side lateral raise (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Cable front raise (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Seated shoulder press (4 sets, 10 reps)
Regan Grimes’ shoulder workout emphasizes lifting heavy while protecting his shoulder joints.
Thursday – Back workout
- Reverse grip lat pulldown (4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Dumbbell row (4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Plate loaded T-bar row (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Tight grip cable row (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Smith machine deadlift (4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Close grip lat pulldown (4 sets, 15 reps)
Regan Grimes’ back workout is performed once a week, where he aims for a minimum of 8 reps per move. Regan enjoys using the Smith machine for back workouts for its versatility.
Friday – Chest workout
Regan Grimes’ chest workout begins with cable chest flyes as a warm up to promote blood flow and then he jumps in.
- Incline chest press on the machine (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Nautilus press (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Dumbbell chest press (5 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Cable crossover (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Cable crossover on table (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
Saturday & Sunday – Rest
Regan Grimes’ gym workout challenges him to give his all every day.
Lifting his max weight and getting the blood flowing five days a week is hard work. He takes the weekend to rest, allowing his muscles to recover with some
Regan Grimes’ Diet
In the off-season, Regan Grimes eats anywhere from 6,000 to 8,000 calories a day.
Regan works on bulking and gaining muscle in the off-season, so he’s in a caloric surplus as much as possible. Before and after a very intense workout, Regan Grimes fuels with protein-rich foods and energy drinks.
Here is Regan Grimes’ diet plan:
- 8 ounces of ground turkey
- 2 cups of white rice
- 8 ounces of fruit juice
- Double double animal style, fries, strawberry milkshake
- 8 ounces of beef
- 5 cups of pasta with 2 cups of pasta sauce
- 8 ounces fruit juice
- Teriyaki chicken
- White rice
- Buttermilk pancakes with bananas and chocolate chips
- 8 ounces of beef
- 5 cups of pasta and 2 cups of pasta sauce
- 8 ounces of fruit juice
- 2 scoops of protein mixed with Cocoa Pebbles
Regan Grimes relies on support from certain supplements to fill in the gaps where exercise and nutrition fall short.
Regan Grimes may not be a seasoned veteran on the professional bodybuilding scene, but he’s already made quite a splash in the fitness world.
From a YouTube channel with a huge following to his own gym in Ontario, Grimes is just as successful with his entrepreneurial ventures as he is with weight lifting.
Regan Grimes has the dedication, focus and is eager to prove himself in the sport.
He’s got his eyes on the prestigious Mr. Olympia, and won’t stop until he is the champion. We look forward to witnessing what he achieves in the coming years!