Gym Equipment Reviews
The 10 Best Preacher Curl Benches
What are the best preacher curl benches?
Having the best preacher curl bench is essential for building bicep strength and achieving those highly sought-after bicep peaks.
While you’ve probably used a preacher curl bench at your gym, adding one to a workout space at home is recommended for those who have transitioned to working out regularly at home.
The good news is because of the shift to at-home workouts, preacher curl benches are highly accessible and affordable!
In this list, we’ve lined up the ten best preacher curl benches available right now. We focus on quality, affordability, versatility, and features.
Let’s find the best preacher curl bench for you!
The Best Preacher Curl Benches Compared
Our equipment lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable companies and web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best preacher curl benches:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Ant March – Preacher Curl Bench
Coming in at a whopping $110, the Ant March preacher curl bench is an easy addition to any home gym for an excellent price.
Built from commercial quality heavy-duty steel, this bench is a stable piece of equipment that will support you through any heavy lift.
Featuring a sturdy base, non-slip foot pads, a comfortable seat, and arm pads, this preacher curl bench will keep you supported and stable on a budget without sacrificing quality.
- 6 levels of adjustable height
- Adjustable armrest with a 2-inch thick pad
- Supports 450 pounds of load capacity
- High-density seat foam padding
- Adjustable weight bench ideal for dumbbell exercise
- Compact and can be moved or stored away
- Easy assembly
- Not ideal for taller users
9. GY613 – Preacher Curl Bench
This bench offers the functionality of a full-sized bench without a huge footprint in your home gym. Those seeking a smaller, more compact bench should look no further.
If you’re looking for a bench to achieve a full-body workout, the GY613 has comparable abilities for a more affordable price.
The adjustable bench enables users to strengthen and tone core muscles, chest, arms, legs, shoulders, and abdominal muscles.
- Made from alloy steel
- Anti-slip foot protection
- High-grade environmental protection leather material
- 330-pound weight limit
- Thick padding of the armor est prevents muscle fatigue during lifts
- 5 adjustable levels of seat height
- Easy to store away or move
- Not made for heavy lifters
8. Icon Health & Fitness, Inc. – Utility Bench
If you’re just getting started with strength training and want a simple curl bench that targets your arms efficiently, the Icon Health & Fitness utility bench checks every box.
Preacher curl benches don’t need to be overly complicated or feature-rich; to get the job done every time, this utility bench is a solid choice.
Beginners can use this bench to work on their form and technique while building on the strength they’ve developed in the gym. And not to mention… instant confidence boost!
- 300-pound user limit, 300-pound weight limit
- Multiple bench incline positions for exercise variety
- 6 foam leg developers
- Removable curl yoke
- Accommodates 1-inch standard plates
- Exercise chart included
- Does not fold for storage
7. Gold’s Gym – XRS 20 Preacher Curl Bench
For the best preacher curl bench with removable pads, the Gold’s Gym utility bench provides versatility and functionality all in one.
You’ll feel confident to isolate those biceps for a more rigorous workout.
The leg developer isolates the quads and other leg muscles for optimal toning and strength building.
- Adjustable workout bench to switch between incline, decline, and flat positions
- Removable curl yoke that targets biceps and upper body
- 300-pound user weight capacity
- Leg developer to isolate quads, hamstrings, glutes, and hips
- The leg extension is not removable
- Takes up a lot of space
6. Uboway – Preacher Curl Bench
Improve your curling form and target bicep crowns with the Uboway preacher curl bench.
The adjustable Roman chair and removable curl pad enable users to target various muscle groups, including arms, legs, core, shoulders, and more.
Choose your ideal position and intensity for a targeted, intense workout at home.
- 450 pounds load capacity
- 5 levels of adjustable seat height
- Adjustable weight bench with high-density foam padding
- Built with commercial quality heavy-duty steel
- Two thick cushions for extra comfort
- Rubber end-caps to protect floors
- Doesn’t sustain heavy weights
5. Body-Solid – Powerline Preacher Curl Bench
Build thick, crowned biceps with the Body-Solid Powerline curl bench. The heavy-duty design and extra-wide cushions make it an ideal choice for users of any size or weight.
The oversized cushion and seat pad will ensure the arm stability you need if you’re a larger lifter and need that support during seated workouts.
- 300-pound weight capacity
- Cushioned arm pads reduce stress on elbows
- Oversized arm pads keep your form correct during lifts
- Powder-coated finish for additional durability
- Extra-wide, stable, adjustable seat
- Heavy-gauge steel frame
- Easy to assemble
- Not enough adjustable options
- Better for light toning workouts
4. StrengthTech Fitness – Preacher Curl Bench
On the hunt for a commercial-grade preacher curl bench? StrengthTech checks every box!
From adjustable height settings, heavy-duty padding, and construction from high-grade steel, this weight bench will last through many intense workouts and years of strength training.
If equipment longevity is on your radar when shopping around, StrengthTech is a solid option.
- Multiple height settings for user comfort and proper form
- Made from high grade, heavy-gauge steel
- Supportive padding on seat and arms
- Strong stitching on cushions prevents tearing or separation
- Ergonomic design relieves elbow stress
- Easy assembly
- Great price point for the quality
- Made in the USA
- Lacks solid elbow padding
3. GHPKS – Preacher Curl Bench
GHPKS has the best heavyweight preacher curl bench in the game.
With a weight capacity of 55 pounds, a shock-absorbing floor mat, and a mechanical structure design, you can lift heavy with the peace of mind that the bench is stable, and you’ll avoid injury or strain on your muscles.
- Widened backrest
- High-end commercial quality
- 550-pound weight capacity
- Multiple training modes for bicep activation
- Adjustable seat height for all sized users
- Anti-slip floor mat with anti-skid and shock absorption
- Expensive price point
2. Hoist Fitness – Preacher Curl Bench
If quality is first on your priority list when shopping for a preacher curl bench, it’s worth investing in the Hoist Fitness weight bench.
With a higher price point comes a commercial gym quality piece of equipment.
Adjustable seat options, a non-skid surface, and secure bar rests, solidify this weight bench as a top-of-the-line product.
- 400-pound weight capacity
- Commercial gym quality
- Compact design won’t take up too much space
- Designed for dumbbell or barbell lifts
- Eight adjustable seat options
- Non-skid surface for secure placement
- Difficulty assembly
1. Valor Fitness – Preacher Curl Bench
It’s no surprise that Valor Fitness landed at the top of our list for best preacher curl benches!
As one of the most reputable names in the fitness world, Valor is known for producing high-quality and durable equipment for users of any size and fitness level.
Touted as ‘the ultimate curl blaster,’ this weight bench was chosen as our #1 curl bench for many reasons.
This seat and armrest are adjustable, the bar holder adjusts in 4 positions, and it’s made of solid steel to ensure a stable workout every time.
- 5 adjustable seat positions
- 5 adjustable arm rest positions
- Arm rest made from high-density padding
- Frame made of solid steel
- Rubber end caps for additional stability and floor protection
- Difficult to assemble
- A common critical review says the bench can be wobbly
FAQs About Preacher Curl Benches
To help you feel informed about the best weight bench for you, here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about preacher curl benches.
Q: What can you do with a preacher curl bench?
Using a preacher curl bench is a great way to build your biceps and other arm muscles.
With a preacher curl bench, you’re able to properly isolate your bicep muscle. This controlled movement strengthens your biceps and a few other muscles in your arms.
When performing a preacher curl on a bench, you have limited momentum to rely on, so your bicep muscles have to work much harder than a traditional bicep curl.
On a preacher curl bench, you can use free weights, dumbbells, or a barbell while seated on the bench.
Preacher curls can be done one arm at a time or simultaneously.
Q: Are preacher curl benches good?
If you are seeking stronger biceps and arm muscles, the preacher curl bench is a fantastic piece of equipment to add to your home gym.
As always, we highly encourage you to do research on the exercise equipment you want to buy, and practice form and technique as a top priority before diving in.
Increase your weight slowly as you gain strength and confidence using the preacher curl bench.
Q: What angle should a preacher curl bench be?
To perform a preacher curl properly, the bench you’re seated on should be at 45 degrees.
With the barbell or dumbbells in your hand(s), your armpits should rest at the top of the bench as you lower the weights down to a 45-degree angle and back.
Q: What is the best preacher curl bench?
This will vary depending on your budget and fitness goals, but our research and findings revealed a clear winner: Valor Fitness Preacher Curl Bench.
We considered a lot of great options, but ultimately, Valor’s bench is the ultimate choice for durability, price, stability, and space.
You’ll be pumping out preacher curls like it’s your job on this bench.
Q: How To Choose / Which To Choose?
With so many options available, selecting the right preacher curl bench can be tricky, and some may feel overwhelmed.
Here are a few considerations to keep in mind when you’re browsing:
The space availability you have in your home gym will also influence the bench you purchase.
While other machines do offer a preacher curl attachment, it’s a scenario where you have to stop your workout to adjust the machine accordingly.
In order to safely curl and perform other exercises, your weight bench should be made of heavy-duty steel and able to handle the weight bar as well as your body weight.
Stability and balance are essential to avoid wobbling while you are working out and decrease the likelihood of any injury.
The width of the arm pad should make you feel comfortable, not cramped or unable to really move or perform your preacher curls.
The seat width also matters; if you are a heavier or larger lifter, having a comfortable seat is essential.
Shopping for workout equipment can be daunting — it’s often very expensive, and you want to make the right choice the first time.
We hope this post gives you some great insight and will give you the confidence to click ‘Purchase’ on the most suitable preacher curl bench for you.
Regardless of your fitness level, preacher curls can elevate the strength in your arm muscles and boost your confidence in a snap.
While they shouldn’t be done solely over traditional bicep curls and other arm exercises, preacher curls are an excellent addition to any workout regime.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best preacher curl benches:
- Valor Fitness – Preacher Curl Bench
- Hoist Fitness – Preacher Curl Bench
- GHPKS – Preacher Curl Bench
- StrengthTech Fitness – Preacher Curl Bench
- Body-Solid – Powerline Preacher Curl Bench
- Uboway – Preacher Curl Bench
- Gold’s Gym – XRS 20 Preacher Curl Bench
- Icon Health & Fitness, Inc. – Utility Bench
- GY613 – Preacher Curl Bench
- Ant March – Preacher Curl Bench
What’s your favorite preacher curl bench? Leave a comment below.
SEARCH THE SITE