What are the best weightlifting gloves?
Having the best weight lifting gloves during grueling weightlifting workouts is essential for any fitness guru’s path to success in and out of the gym.
There’s a lot to consider when shopping for workout gloves, including fit, support, comfort, and price — but protecting your hands during weightlifting is a no-brainer.
Lifting gloves help keep your wrists feeling strong and supported, your hands safe from tears, and also work to combat sweat and grip issues during those heavy lifts.
To help you narrow down which weight lifting gloves are best for you, we’ve put together a list of the 10 best weightlifting gloves money can buy.
The Best Weightlifting Gloves Compared
Our equipment lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable companies and web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best weightlifting gloves:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Atercel – Weightlifting Gloves
For those looking for a versatile glove that fits right, helps your hands breathe while reducing calluses, the Atercel gloves are a solid choice.
The innovative palm helps to maximize your grip during lifts.
Their ergonomic design and durable microfiber material help to leverage muscle direction and placement in order to give you a stronger, more secure grip.
With a snug-fit design, you can slip your hands in and adjust the finger sizing to your liking.
Atercel workout gloves are made of lightweight, breathable material with a great stretch to increase flexibility, comfort, and fit.
Soft foam pads protect your hands during each workout.
- Come in five different sizes (XS-XL) for an ideal fit
- Glove design reduces discomfort from friction and calluses
- Ideal for weight lifting, cycling, gym training, and general workouts
- Pull loop system for easy removal
- Towel paneling on the back of the glove to wipe away sweat
- Adjustable wrist closure
- Sizing tends to run small
- Users report that they aren’t long-lasting for hard or heavy weightlifting
9. FREETOO – Men’s Weightlifting Gloves
Guys who prefer gloves with extra grip and full palm protection will find a suitable choice in the FREETOO Men’s Weightlifting Gloves.
These gloves have a padded abrasion-resistant palm with silica gel anti-slip points for enhanced comfort, grip, and durability.
Heavy lifting and training can bring on abrasions like calluses and blisters, which are painful and can keep you out of the gym for too long.
These gloves’ vented, stretchy, mesh material creates more flexibility, breathability, and comfort, making them the ideal fit for lifters who struggle with sweaty palms during workouts.
Three-layer pads and a double stitch provide users the confidence to lift harder with the confidence that their weight-lifting gloves will keep their hands protected.
Great for kettlebells, barbells, dumbbells, and all your favorite workouts.
- Four size options (S-XL) for your best fit
- Padded abrasion-resistant palm with silica gel anti-slip points for comfort and durability
- Three layers of padding to protect your palms from wear and tear
- Open net design circulates heat to keep hands cool and dry
- The wrist closure is fully adjustable; the wrist strap has a hook and loop fastener for a more secure and comfortable fit
- The brand has a great return policy if these gloves don’t work for you
- Some users report the wrist thickness on this glove hinders some motion
8. Grip Power Pads – Weightlifting Gloves
Powerlifters rejoice – these are the gloves for you!
Avoid wrist injuries and painful blisters that leave you sidelined with Grip Power Pads weightlifting gloves.
You already know how important it is to use weight lifting gloves that protect your wrists while still providing comfort to your hands during heavy lift sessions.
Grip Power Pads workout gloves have 2-inch wide, 25-inch long leather wrist wraps to provide stability and support while reducing the risk of injury.
Two-tone rubber padding adds extra insulation and enhances your grip strength.
Wearing these durable gloves during lifts will ensure your safety and prevent workout abrasions, calluses, and blisters.
Rubberized pads on the palms of these gloves give users control and grip when lifting.
- Four size options (S-XL) for optimum fit
- Two removal options make these easy to get on and off
- Curved finger design fits the natural shape of your hand for maximum comfort
- Handmade from high-quality leather
- 60-day money-back guarantee and 1-year replacement warranty
- One of the more expensive options on this list
- Finger padding can make gripping weights difficult for some
- Overall, a more bulky glove option
7. Fit Active Sports – Weightlifting Gloves
If your palms and hands get extra sweaty during workouts, the Fit Active Sports weightlifting gloves are here to provide you some relief.
Covering your entire hand and thumb, these silicon printed neoprene weight lifting gloves are resistant to water (sweat-proof!) chemicals, heat, and aging — meaning they’re the durable workout gloves you’ve been searching for.
Built-in wrist wraps provide extra support for your wrists and hands, giving you the confidence you need during snatches, clean and jerks, squats, and more.
Now you can focus on form and performance instead of worrying about protecting yourself from injury.
Best of all? The utility! You can wear these gloves during Olympic lifts, deadlifts, group fitness, cycling, and much more.
- Neoprene material promotes a stronger grip while resisting sweat
- Hands, fingers, and thumbs are all protected from calluses and tears
- Great for users of any caliber — from beginners to professional weightlifters
- Wrist straps are Velcro-adjustable, making it easy to find a comfortable fit
- Better ventilation means no more stinky workout gloves that last long-term
- Excellent return policy offered by Fit Active Sports
- Some users report that the Velcro wrist straps aren’t aligned properly and may stick to clothing
- Finger protection is lacking compared to competitors
6. Contraband – Women’s Weightlifting Gloves
To all our lady lifters reading, we’ve got your new go-to weightlifting gloves!
Designed specifically for women, these gloves check all the boxes when it comes to fit, comfort, grip, and support.
Featuring light to medium padding (ideal for machines and free weights), these Contraband weightlifting gloves protect your wrists during workouts and help circulate heat with breathable material.
These fingerless workout gloves offer women a secure grip thanks to the silicone rubber beads on the palms of the gloves.
They are complete with a breathable mesh top and a soft interior made of polyester; these lifting gloves are sure to take your workouts to the next level while keeping your hands protected along the way.
- Four size options (XS-L) for optimum fit
- Finger tabs for easy and quick removal
- Machine washable (washing by hand is recommended)
- Can be used for weightlifting, cycling, yoga, paddle boarding, and more
- Medium padding is ideal for standard weight exercises
- Easy returns and a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Dye on gloves may bleed post-workout or when being washed
- Not durable enough for heavy weightlifting
5. Harbinger Power – Men’s Weightlifting Gloves
Guys who spend the majority of their gym time either weightlifting or strength training can appreciate the need for supportive, durable yet flexible gloves to wear during their workouts.
Fortunately, Harbinger products check all these boxes and then some.
The Harbinger Power Men’s Weightlifting Gloves are made from performance mesh and leather, a killer combination to protect fingers and wrists while circulating airflow during lifts to reduce sweat and abrasions.
The reinforced thumb and foam-backed fingers keep your digits cozy without too much bulk to hinder an ideal grip.
- Five size options (S-XXL) for optimal fit and comfort
- Half finger length for protection and better grip on bar or weights
- Double-layered thumb for additional support
- Padded leather palm for increased protection against calluses and abrasions
- Performance mesh material promotes flexibility on the back of the hands
- Fully adjustable wrist closure
- Black dye in the leather may bleed when rinsing
- Gloves may leave black markings on your hands post-workout
4. SIMARI – Weightlifting Gloves
Men and women lifters may not always see eye to eye, but most will agree that SIMARI weightlifting gloves are the best fit for any gender or age.
Whether you’re a guy or gal, a fitness guru, beginner, an avid gym-goer, a professional athlete, or somewhere in the middle — these SIMARI lifting gloves will work for you.
Made with microfiber and air mesh, these workout gloves offer wrist support and finger protection during any form of exercise.
The durable microfiber material improves the longevity of these gloves, giving you a reliable support system every time you lift weights, strength train, climb, cycle, and any other form of exercise you enjoy.
- Durable microfiber material will last longer than other workout gloves
- Ideal for any form of exercise, not just heavy lifting
- Leather anti-slip on palm for increased grip security
- Air mesh material keeps hands cool and dry
- An affordable price point for quality
- It may take longer to break in compared to other lifting gloves
- Ideal for light to moderate workouts, not durable enough for heavy lifting
3. SIMARI – Full Finger Weightlifting Gloves
It’s time to level up your workouts, and with SIMARI gloves on, you’re well on your way.
These SIMARI Full Finger Weightlifting Gloves take lifting to new heights — the microfiber and spandex fiber materials are soft, yet durable and perfect for weightlifters of any skill level.
The structuring of the SIMARI wrist support wrap is pristine and will protect your wrists against sprains and injuries when powerlifting, weightlifting, and cross-training.
The glove’s high-density padded sponge material cushions your hands and acts as a buffer for any heavy impact from the equipment you’re using.
- Five size options for optimal fit (XS-XL)
- Touchscreen friendly for most devices
- Adjustable wrist wrap
- Thick padded palm and anti-slip for tight grip and cushion
- The elastic mesh ensures breathability and cools down hands
- A competitive price point for quality
- Gloves run smaller for some people
- Padding may not be thick enough for some heavy lifters
2. Trideer – Weightlifting Gloves
From weightlifting, rowing, cycling, and general workouts — Trideer Weightlifting Gloves can be worn through every physical activity you enjoy and will keep your hands and wrists safe from injury, abrasion, or unforeseen stress.
Trideer’s full palm protection and thickening pads act as a buffer between the impact of any equipment you’re using; you’ll wish you had invested in these workout gloves sooner for the cushion and comfort they provide.
These lifting gloves are made with breathable mesh and microfiber materials to keep your hands cool during use, reducing sweat through proper air circulation to help you maintain your grip.
- An excellent price point for high-quality lifting gloves
- Five size options (S-XXL) for perfect fit and comfort
- 18-inch wrist strap for maximum protection
- Anti-slip grip for better performance
- Easy to take on and off
- Multipurpose gloves for a variety of workouts and physical activities
- Wrist support wrap leaves something to be desired in terms of support
- Gloves do tend to run on the bigger side for some users
1. ihuan – Weightlifting Gloves
High fives all around — you made it to our #1 spot!
In our humble opinion, the best weight lifting gloves money can buy are… *Drumroll, please* ihuan Weightlifting Gloves!
Why are these our top pick for best gym gloves, you ask? Let’s get into it.
As a weightlifter, one of the biggest annoyances is the abrasions (calluses, blisters, burns) from the equipment we use.
Not only are they painful, but they prevent us from weightlifting consistently if they’re bad enough.
ihaun weight lifting gloves combat any abrasion you may encounter through the silicon printed neoprene, which provides extra grip and full palm protection.
Wrist straps with durable Velcro to maximize wrist support and stability during workouts.
The foam padding on the palms of the gloves protects your hands from the equipment you’re using to avoid injury and preventable soreness.
- Available in four sizes (S-XL)
- Made from high-quality neoprene for full palm protection
- Ultralight microfiber on the backs of gloves help with breathability
- Hands won’t get sweaty during intense workouts. Less sweat = less stink!
- Durability has been an issue for some lifters, depending on weight
FAQs About Weightlifting Gloves
Still not sure which gloves are for you?
Here are our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about weightlifting gloves:
Q: Are gloves good for weight lifting?
We protect our hands from so many things that we encounter on a daily basis.
Cold weather, working in the yard, germ protection, scrubbing with chemicals… just to name a few.
Our hands need to be protected in these situations, and weight lifting is no different.
Plus, if you wear special socks for deadlifting, why wouldn’t you treat your hands with the same attention and care?
Weight lifting gloves act as a buffer between our hands and the equipment we use while weight lifting. Because of this, they’re a great addition to your gym bag.
Q: What are weight lifting gloves used for?
Weightlifters use weight lifting gloves for various purposes.
However, the majority rely on gloves for protection from abrasions like calluses and blisters, along with the support and protection that gloves provide for fingers, hands, and wrists.
Calluses and blisters are caused by the excessive friction of a barbell against your palms.
Because weightlifting requires repetitive movements and motions, friction occurs during repeat sets during a workout and can worsen over time.
Wrist injuries are extremely common in weightlifting because of the intense pressure put on the tendons in the wrists during heavy lifts.
Lifting gloves help to support the wrists and prevent injury along the way.
Q: Should you wear gloves when lifting weights?
Depending on your skills, fitness level, and what you’re trying to attain in a weightlifting session, workout gloves may help you achieve certain goals.
For example, workout gloves can help increase your stability by providing a strong base of support that you can feel as you lift.
With that support, you’ll be able to lift for a longer duration with increased weight over time. This leads to a boost in muscle endurance and overall strength.
Gloves can also give you the confidence and peace of mind that your hands and wrists are protected, allowing you to fully focus on technique and improving your form.
Q: Is it bad to lift weights without gloves?
If you suffer from calluses, have sustained a wrist or hand injury previously, or have hesitations when it comes to lifting weights without some sort of glove or wrist strap for support, we recommend wearing gloves.
However, many weightlifters find they prefer to lift without gloves, regardless of if they’re competing professionally or recreationally.
It’s a personal decision whether or not you lift weights without gloves.
There are benefits to wearing workout gloves, but it’s not essential nor will you become injured if you don’t wear them.
You will encounter rougher hands from calluses over time, which is often a motivating reason for people to wear them in the first place.
Q: How long should Gym gloves last?
If properly cared for, high-quality gym gloves can last for several years.
This means you should wash them according to the instructions, letting them dry properly, and store them in between usage.
Q: Can I wash my weight-lifting gloves?
Most weight lifting gloves are typically made from materials like leather, microfiber, mesh, and neoprene.
The majority of these materials are not recommended to be put through a washing machine; however, they can be hand washed in cold water and laid flat to dry.
When you buy workout gloves, the company should include washing instructions in your package.
We recommend following the instructions provided by the manufacturer so you don’t damage or ruin your weightlifting gloves.
Q: Why you shouldn’t wear lifting gloves?
If you lift competitively or professionally, then you know most competitions don’t allow weight lifting gloves of any kind.
Professional weightlifters who never train or compete with lifting gloves build up a tolerance to the calluses they get from weightlifting.
In turn, they’re able to lift more freely because they aren’t relying on equipment to get the job done.
Additionally, if you feel like you can’t get a proper grip while wearing lifting gloves, it’s probably not the right product for you.
Q: How To Choose / Which To Choose?
With the huge variety of options available to choose from, selecting the best weightlifting gloves can be an overwhelming task.
Don’t stress — we’re here to help!
Here’s what to look for when purchasing weightlifting gloves:
Like any standard gloves, the size of your hands matters for the right fit.
Some workout gloves are adjustable and most brands offer a wide range of sizing, but you’ll want to take it a step further than that when selecting the right fit.
The gloves should fit snugly and allow your fingers to move comfortably.
Let’s be honest; you’ll never wear workout gloves if they’re uncomfortable.
Search for gloves with a breathable material like neoprene or mesh, that offer a snug fit while allowing maximum flexibility and movement through your hands, fingers, and wrists.
3. Wrist Support
Protecting your wrists from the stress weightlifting can put on them is important for longevity in the sport and for your body.
Many weightlifters and athletes lean on workout gloves for wrist support alone; our wrists are not as strong as the rest of our arms and can become injured if they are over-worked without enough support or recovery time.
If you’re looking for wrist support during your workouts, wrist wraps are another route you can take for injury prevention.
Workout gloves are certainly not a one-size-fits-all product, and that’s why there are so many variations to choose from.
If you’re on the hunt for a new pair (or your first pair) of lifting gloves, you can easily find some that meet all your weightlifting needs, protect your hands and wrists, and help you feel more confident and motivated during workouts.
This list is full of great options ranging in price, material, and utility, without ever skimping on quality.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best weightlifting gloves:
- ihuan – Weightlifting Gloves
- Trideer – Weightlifting Gloves
- SIMARI – Full Finger Weightlifting Gloves
- SIMARI – Weightlifting Gloves
- Harbinger Power – Men’s Weightlifting Gloves
- Contraband – Women’s Weightlifting Gloves
- Fit Active Sports – Weightlifting Gloves
- Grip Power Pads – Weightlifting Gloves
- FREETOO – Men’s Weightlifting Gloves
- Atercel – Weightlifting Gloves