What does Drew Brees’ workout routine look like?
Drew Brees is an American football quarterback for the New Orleans Saints of the NFL. Brees’ has remained as one of the Big Ten record-holder in multiple passing categories.
In 2001, he was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in the second round and he made the Pro Bowl in 2004.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Drew Brees’ workout routine, diet, and supplements:
- Height: 183 cm – 6’0″
- Weight: 95 kg – 209 pounds
- Age: 41 years old
- Birthday: 15th of January, 1979
- Accolades: 13× Pro Bowl
Drew Brees normally hits 53 reps of different core exercises each day. For a long time, Brees has completed a number of reps and throw for the day that could be divided by nine, as his jersey number.
When it comes to his diet, he likes to eat a lot of fruit and different vegetables for most of his meals.
Recommended Supplement Stack
Drew Brees’ Workout Routine
Drew Brees’ workout regime was created by his trainer Todd Durkin. His trainer is best known for the Impact Workout and for grueling workouts.
Alongside his trainer, they have developed a workout routine that would not only work for Drew Brees’ injuries but also improve his throwing ability and athleticism.
Here is Drew Brees’ workout routine:
Monday and Thursday: Upper body
On Monday and Thursday, Drew Brees hits 9 different upper body exercises. Brees hit each exercise by doing 1 set on each exercise.
Here is Drew Brees’ upper body routine:
1. Kettlebell Bench Press (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
2. Kettlebell Flys (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
3. Kettlebell Pushups (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
4. Kettlebell Burpee with Shrug (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
5. Kettlebell Half-Getups (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
6. Superband Band Splitters (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
7. Superband Overhead Triceps Extension (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
9. Superband Hammer Curl (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
Tuesday and Friday: Lower Body
On Tuesday and Friday, Brees’ hits 10 different lower body exercises.
Here is Drew Brees’ lower body routine:
1. Barbell Squat (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
2. Kettlebell Straight-Leg Deadlifts (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
3. Kettlebell Single-Leg RDL (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
4. Superband Split Squat (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
5. Hamstring Curls (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
6. Leg Extensions (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
7. Superband Lateral Walks (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
8. TRX Sled Drags (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
9. Bosu Ball Bulgarian Lunge Hop (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
10. Bosu Foot Taps (1 set, 30 seconds rest)
Wednesday and Saturday: Abs & TRX Workout
On Wednesday and Saturday, he hits different abs and TRX exercises.
Here is Drew Brees’ abs and TRX routine:
1. TRX Reverse Flys (3-5 sets)
2. TRX Atomic Pushups (3-5 sets)
3. TRX Knee Tucks (3-5 sets)
4. Low Row Shortened Position (3-5 sets)
5. Hip Rotations with Scorpion Kick (3-5 sets)
6. Sprinter’s Start with a Hop (3-5 sets)
7. Power Pulls (3-5 sets)
8. Suspended Incline Press (3-5 sets)
9. Hover Plank (3-5 sets)
10. Side Plank (3-5 sets)
11. Split Squat Superband Rotations (3-5 sets)
12. Superband Chops (3-5 sets)
13. Bicycle Crunches (3-5 sets)
14. Oblique Crunches (3-5 sets)
On Sunday, Drew Brees’ rests.
Drew Brees’ Diet
Drew Brees’ loves to eat a lot of veggies and fruits as well as lean proteins such as fish and grilled chicken.
He likes to use many different soy-based products such as soy yogurt and soy milk.
Here is Drew Brees’ diet:
- Hash browns
- Protein shake
- Fish fillet
- Brown rice
- Protein shake
Drew Brees uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
Drew Brees is an established quarterback for the NFL’s New Orleans Saints.
Brees has been awarded multiple titles such as ‘Academic All-American Player of the Year’, ‘NFL’s Comeback Player of 2004’, and ‘Sportsman of the Year’.
Don’t forget to share this article with your loved ones.
If you enjoyed this routine, check out some of our other NFL player workout routines:
- Colin Kaepernick Workout Routine
- Cam Newton Workout Routine
- Adrian Peterson Workout Routine
- Tom Brady Workout Routine
- Rob Gronkowski Workout Routine
- Aaron Rodgers Workout Routine
- Russell Wilson Workout Routine