Idris Elba has does one hell of a job in the roles he has landed.
He is an award-winning English actor, producer, musician, and disk jockey. He is known for his lead role in the British crime drama series ‘Luther,’ a role that won him the Golden Globe Award.
Elba also became widely known for his roles in movies, such as ‘The Unborn, ‘Legacy’, Thor’ and ‘Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom’. For all those movies, he had to get into incredible shape.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Idris Elba’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
Height: 190 cm – 6’2″
Weight: 97 kg – 215 lbs
Age: 47 years old
Birthday: 6th of September, 1972
Accolades: NME Award, Best Actor, Winner, 2016
Within Idris Elba’s workout routine, he normally focuses to use different techniques. When it comes to diet, Elba loves carbs like pasta, rice, and beer.
Today Elba has a balanced diet, where he prefers to eat wheat and corn.
Idris Elba’s Workout Routine
Elba tries to get a workout in as often as possible. He likes utilizing all different techniques, so don’t be afraid to train more
or less than what is given, and add in your own twists. Elba works out 3-5 days a week.
Here is Idris Elba’s workout routine:
Within this routine, he hits calisthenics with a total of 100 reps.
Here’s Idris Elba’s calisthenics routine:
1. 100 Push-ups (100 reps)
2. Air Squats (100 reps)
3. Leg Raises (100 reps)
4. Pull-Ups (50 reps)
5. Lunges (50 reps)
6. Dips (50 reps)
Tuesday: Morning Run
On Tuesday, Elba likes to utilize some morning running, oftentimes upwards of 45+ minutes.
Wednesday: Full Body Fitness
On Wednesday, Elba performs a full-body fitness routine focusing on major 10 exercises.
Here’s Idris Elba’s full-body fitness routine:
1. Dumbbell Bench Press (3 sets, 10 reps)
2. Dips (3 sets, 25 reps)
3. Arnold Presses (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Pike Push-Ups (3 sets, 25 reps)
5. Light Deadlifts (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Wide Pull-ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
7. Preacher Curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
8. Tricep Overhead Extension (3 sets, 15 reps)
9. Sit-Ups (3 sets, 15 reps)
10. Leg Raises (3 sets, 25 reps)
Thursday: Elba’s Morning Run
On Thursday, Elba likes to utilize some morning running, oftentimes upwards of 45+ minutes.
Friday: Kickboxing Workout
On Friday, he hits a kickboxing routine by doing 5 exercises.
Here’s Idris Elba’s kickboxing routine:
1. 3-minutes high and Low Kicks, Light Sparring, and Combos (5 sets)
2. 3-minutes Rounds on the Speed Bag (5 sets)
3. 3-minutes Rounds of Shadow Boxing (5 sets)
4. 1-minute planks (3 sets)
5. Leg Raises (5 sets, 25 reps)
Saturday & Sunday: Rest
On Saturday and Sunday, Elba rests and recovers.
Idris Elba’s Diet
Idris Elba likes to eat wheat and corn, which is good for his metabolism.
Elba has to cut off pasta, rice, beer during his workout. He had to give away a lot of foods that he loved, which shows how much passion he has for training.
Here is Idris Elba’s diet:
Wheat Oatmeal, Eggs
Protein Shake, Fruit
Brown Rice, Chicken Breast, Avocado
Pork Loin, Quinoa, Vegetables
Idris Elba uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
- Whey Protein
Idris Elba is one of the more popular actors today. Elba has starred in movies such as ‘Thor’, ‘Pacific Rim’, ‘The Dark Tower’ and ‘Cats’.
If you enjoyed this routine, check out some of our other male actor workout routines:
- Scott Eastwood Workout Routine
- Tom Holland Workout Routine
- Jason Statham Workout Routine
- Anthony Mackie Workout Routine
- Omari Hardwick Workout Routine
- Ryan Reynolds Workout Routine
- Tom Ellis Workout Routine
- George Clooney Workout Routine