Christian Bale Workout Routine
What is Christian Bale’s workout routine?
Christian Bale is a British actor who first caught the public eye at 13 years of age when he was cast in the Steven Spielberg film ‘Empire of the Sun’.
He is known for changing his physique depending on what role he is playing at the given time. Bale went to great lengths and lost 63 pounds to play the role of Trevor Reznik in ‘The Machinist’. Today he is known as the face of Batman and his physique has become equally famous.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Christian Bale’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
Height: 183 cm – 6’0”
Weight: 80 kg – 176 pounds
Age: 46 years old
Birthday: 30th of January, 1974
Accolades: MTV Movie Award for Best Hero, Winner, 2006
The actor trains muscular hypertrophy which helps muscles to grow in size, and muscular strength which helps the muscle fibers to become stronger.
This is a good combination if you want to have a great physique and strength at the same time. Bale also likes to do a 30-minute stretch session each week.
Christian Bale’s Workout Routine
Christian Bale performs his workout more than 5 days a week. Bale likes to mix his workout with weights, bodyweight moves, and compound moves.
His routine also consists of composite exercises with power moves to allow him the quick speed and flexibility to cope up with his acting.
Here is Christian Bale’s workout routine:
On Monday, he hits a back workout by doing 5 exercises.
Here is Christian Bale’s back routine:
1. Wide Grip Lateral Pull Downs (3 sets, 10 reps)
2. Barbell Rows (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Shrugs (4 sets, 25 reps)
4. Wide Grip Pull-Ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Deadlifts (6 sets, 10, 8, 5, 5, 3, Max)
On Tuesday, Bale performs an arm routine by doing 6 exercises with a total of 3 sets and 10 reps each.
Here is Christian Bale’s arm routine:
1. Dumbbell Curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
2. Skull Crushers (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Hammer Curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Tricep Overhead Extensions (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Seated Concentration Curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Tricep Cable (Rope) Extensions (3 sets, 10 reps)
On Wednesday, he performs a shoulders routine with 5 exercises.
Here is Christian Bale’s shoulder routine:
1. Dumbbell Front Raises (3 sets, 10 reps)
2. Pull-Ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Dumbbell Lateral Raises (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Dumbbell Shrugs (3 sets, 25 reps)
5. Presses (6 sets, 10, 8, 5, 5, 3, Max)
On Thursday, he hits a leg routine by doing 6 different exercises.
Here is Christian Bale’s leg routine:
1. Calf Raises (3 sets, 25 reps)
2. Seated Leg Curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Weighted Lunges (3 sets, 20 reps)
4. Weighted Step Ups (3 sets, 20 reps)
5. Front Squats (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Squats (6 sets, 10, 8, 5, 5, 3, Max)
On Friday, Bale performs a chest routine by doing 6 exercises.
Here is Christian Bale’s chest routine:
1. Dumbbell Chest Press (Light) (3 sets, 10 reps)
2. Cable Fly’s (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Decline Cable Fly’s (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Incline Bench Press (3 sets, 10 reps)
5 Weighted Push-Ups (3 sets, 25 reps)
6. Barbell Bench Press (6 sets, 10, 8, 5, 5, 3, Max)
Saturday: Overhead Press, Calisthenics, Weights, and Cardio
On Saturday, he hits an overhead press, calisthenic and cardio routine by doing 9 different exercises.
Here is Christian Bale’s overhead press, calisthenics, and cardio routine:
1. Snatch Grip High Pull (3 sets, 10 reps)
2. Single Arm DB Snatches (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Clap Push-Ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Arnold Press (seated) (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Upright Rows w/ Bar (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Shrugs w/ Bar (3 sets, 10 reps)
7. Shoulder Front Raises (3 sets, 10 reps)
8. Shoulder Lat Raises (3 sets, 10 reps)
9. Shrugs (3 sets, 25 reps)
Sunday: Rest or Extra Cardio
On Sunday, Bale recovers or performs some extra cardio by doing a complete 30-45 minute of cardio that can include a high incline walk or treadmill.
Christian Bale’s Diet
His diet changes depending on which movie role he is preparing for.
When he was 7 years old he became vegetarian but returned to eating meat in his 20’s.
To lose weight for ‘The Machinist’ he ate a starvation diet for less than 500 calories a day for 4 months.
After the film, he had 6 months to bulk up for his Batman role. For the Batman movie, Bale ate every 2-3 hours and counted macros. These two movies are the reason why Bale is such a respected actor; he dedicated himself entirely to both roles, which were completely opposite from one another.
Here is Christian Bale’s diet:
Oatmeal, eggs, fruit
Tuna steak, sweet potatoes
Lean meats, cheeseburgers
Christian Bale uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains.
- Vitamin D
- Omega 3’s
Christian Bale’s physique is amazing and he has influenced millions from his workout routines and acting. His big breakthrough came with the movie ‘American Psycho’.
He lost 60 pounds to bring authenticity and realism to his character. However, he gained more than what he’d lost for the most successful and iconic movies of his career in the ‘Batman’ franchise.
If you enjoyed this routine, check out some of our other male actor workout routines:
- Adam Driver Workout Routine
- Andrew Garfield Workout Routine
- Gerard Butler Workout Routine
- Charles Melton Workout Routine
- Charlie Cox Workout Routine
- Ewan McGregor Workout Routine
- Cole Sprouse Workout Routine
- Jamie Foxx Workout Routine
What do you think about Christian Bale’s workout routine and diet? Leave a comment below.
SEARCH THE SITE