What does Charlie Cox’s workout routine look like?
Charlie Cox is an English actor who was born 15th of December, 1982. Cox is best known for his role as Matt Murdock in Netflix’s ‘Daredevil’. His breakout role was as Tristan Thorn in the movie ‘Stardust.
He made his West End debut in a revival of the Harold Pinter plays ‘The Lover and The Collection’. Following his success on screen, Cox starred in a stage production of Harold Pinter’s Betrayal, first in the West End and then On Broadway in 2019.
After his performance in ‘Stardust’, he got a bigger name in Hollywood. The film was very successful with both critics and audiences globally.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Charlie Cox’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
- Height: 178 cm – 5’8″
- Weight: 78 kg – 172 pounds
- Age: 37 years old
- Birthday: 15th of December, 1982
- Accolades: Screen Actors Guild Awards, 2012, Winner
Charlie Cox tends to hit the gym around 5 days a week. Before he works he likes to build up to look good and then he will try to hit the gym 6 times a week.
When he is starring in a movie he always wants to look in good shape. One of Cox’s favorite part of training is the fight scenes. He likes to perform Thai boxing, Jiu-Jitsu, bag work, and shadowboxing. When he prepared for ‘Daredevil’ his regular workout routine features a lot of running and yoga.
Charlie Cox Workout Routine
As mentioned above, when Cox was preparing for ‘Daredevil’ he followed an intense schedule of muscle building, fight training, and acrobatics. His trainer was Naqam Washington whom he described as “awesome”. Cox only had one month to get ready for ‘Daredevil’ before the first season began shooting.
He was confident enough to know that he didn’t want to just do the easiest part of the job he also wanted to do as much stunt as possible. He had to perform a lot of compound moves, multidimensional movements, and jumps. After his intense 5-6 day training, he would scale back to 4 days a week of workout.
Here is Charlie Cox’s workout routine:
On this day, Charlie Cox hits a pull routine by doing a total of 6 different exercises with an average of 3 sets and 8 reps.
Here is Charlie Cox’s pull day routine:
1. Deadlifts (3 sets, 4-6 reps)
2. Lat pulldown (3 sets, 6-8 reps)
3. Cable rows (3 sets, 6-8 reps)
4. Face-pulls (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
5. Bicep curls (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
6. Crunches (3 sets to failure)
On this day, Cox performs a total of 6 different exercises.
Here is Charlie Cox’s push day routine:
1. Incline barbell bench press (3 sets, 4-6 reps)
2. Incline dumbbell flyes (2 sets, 8-10 reps)
3. Seated dumbbell shoulder press (3 sets, 6-8 reps)
4. Dumbbell lateral raises (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
5. Parallel bar dips (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
6. Triceps rope extension (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
On this day, he hits a leg routine by doing a total of 7 exercises.
Here is Charlie Cox’s legs routine:
1. Bulgarian split squat (3 sets, 6-8 reps)
2. Leg press (3 sets, 6-8 reps)
3. Goblet squat (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
4. Leg extensions (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
5. Leg curls (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
6. Calf raises (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
7. Crunches (3 sets to failure)
Charlie Cox Diet
When it comes to his diet he has stated that he never followed a “typical” superhero diet when he prepared for his role in ‘Daredevil’. However, Cox had to eat a lot to make gains. He could eat up to 5-7 meals each day.
For breakfast, Cox normally would eat egg whites and then a piece of chicken or fish with a lot of vegetables and carbs. Cox had to stay hydrated so he drank a lot of water each day to stay in his best shape.
Here is Charlie Cox’s diet:
- Protein shake
- Chicken breast
- Brown rice
- Protein shake
- Chicken breast
- Brown rice
Charlie Cox uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
Charlie Cox is an English actor who born in London in 1982. Cox starred as Owen Sleater on the series ‘Boardwalk Empire. He received his big breakthrough when he starred as ‘Matt Murdock’ on the series ‘Daredevil’ in 2015.
Cox has starred in many movies such as ‘Things to Do Before You’re 30’, ‘Casanova’, ‘Stardust’, ‘Stone of Destiny’, ‘Glorious 39’, ‘There Be Dragons’, ‘Hello Carter’, ‘The Theory of Everything’, ‘King of Thieves’.
He won a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in Drama Series for his performance in ‘Boardwalk Empire’. He was nominated for the same ward in 2013 and 2015.
If you enjoyed this routine, check out some of our other male actor workout routines:
- Adam Driver Workout Routine
- Andrew Garfield Workout Routine
- Gerard Butler Workout Routine
- Charles Melton Workout Routine
- Ewan McGregor Workout Routine
- Christian Bale Workout Routine
- Cole Sprouse Workout Routine
- Jamie Foxx Workout Routine