Tom Hardy is known for the alpha male roles that he has played over the years, and a lot of that has come because of his stone-carved body.
Hardy has bulked up for roles like Charles Bronson in Bronson and Bane in The Dark Knight Rises and has got ripped for roles like Tommy Conlon in Warrior.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Tom Hardy’s workout routine and diet, and also the different supplements that he takes for his workout routine:
Weight: 178 pounds
Age: 41 years old
Birthday: 15th of September, 1977
Birthplace: Hammersmith, London
Accolades: BAFTA Awards Winner, 2011
“Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain our own.”
For the role of Charles Bronson, Hardy concentrated more on bodyweight exercises like pull-ups, press-ups, push-ups and ab workouts. He had to gain weight and his nutrition mainly included a lot of carbs and protein.
Recommended Supplement Stack
Tom Hardy’s Workout Routine
Within Hardy’s workout routine, usually performs a total of 7 exercises. On Saturday and Sunday Hardy has his both rest days, which is also important.
Tom Hardy trusts his training entirely to his long-time coach Patrick ‘P-Nut Monroe’. Patrick believes in a system of training he calls ‘signaling’ in which the body is trained throughout the day up to four times in small bursts.
Here is Tom Hardy’s workout routine:
Monday: Chest and Triceps
Within this routine, Hardy performs 5 exercises, keeping within a 8-10 rep range for each set.
Here’s Tom Hardy’s chest and triceps routine:
1. Incline Dumbbell Chest Press (3 sets, 8 reps)
2. Barbell Bench Press (3 sets, 8 reps)
3. Low Cable Fly (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
4. Decline Skull Crusher (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
5. Dips (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
Tuesday: Lower Body
On Tuesday, Tom targets lower body. There are 7 different exercises within his lower body routine.
Here’s Tom Hardy’s lower body routine:
1. Barbell Squat (5 sets, 5 reps)
2. Barbell Deadlift (5 sets, 5 reps)
3. Dumbbell Step Ups (3 sets, 8-12 reps)
4. Dumbbell Lunge (3 sets, 8-12 reps)
5. Leg Press (3 sets, 15-20 reps)
Wednesday: Traps and Shoulders
On Wednesday, Hardy performs a traps and shoulders routine, focusing major 5 exercises. Every set is around 5-12 reps.
Here’s Tom Hardy’s traps and shoulders routine:
1. Barbell Row (5 sets, 5 reps)
2. Barbell Shrug (5 sets, 5 reps)
3. Dumbbell Shoulder Press (5 sets, 5 reps)
4. Seated Dumbbell Shrug (4 sets, 12 reps)
5. Dumbbell Lateral Raise (4 sets, 12 reps)
Thursday: Back and Biceps
On Thursday, Tom hits his back and biceps routine for 4 exercises. Each exercise is performed for 3-5 sets and 5-15 reps.
Here’s Tom Hardy’s back and biceps routine:
1. Weighted Pull Ups (5 sets, 5 reps)
2. Underhand Grip Lat Pulldown (3 sets, 12-15 reps)
3. Barbell Curl (3 sets, 12-15 reps)
4. Dumbbell Palms-Up Curl (3 sets, 12-15 reps)
Friday: Upper Focused
On Friday, he hits an upper body workout routine by doing 6 different exercises.
Here’s Tom Hardy’s upper body routine:
1. Bent Over Barbell Row (2 sets, 10-15 reps) & (2 sets, 5-8 reps)
2. Floor Press (2 sets, 10-15 reps) & (2 sets, 5-8 reps)
3. Neutral Grip Pull Up (1 set, 10 reps) & (2 sets, until failure)
4. Push Press (1 set, 10 reps) & (2 sets, 5-8 reps)
5. Inverted Row (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Plank (3 sets, 60 seconds)
Saturday and Sunday: Rest
Both Saturday and Sunday is rest for Hardy. It’s the time when he relaxes and let his body recover.
Tom Hardy’s Diet
Hardy consumes 5-6 meals of lean protein and complex carbohydrates like chicken, fish, vegetables, and oats.
This, however, drastically changed when he had to put on bulk for the role of Batman in Dark Knight Rises. His diet included lots of carbs, milk, protein shakes, and other supplements.
Here is Tom Hardy’s diet:
- Veggie Omelet with 4 egg whites and 2 full eggs
- 4 slices of Ezekiel toast and 2 tbsp. of honey
- 1 cup of mixed fruit
- 4oz of grass-fed beef
- 1 cup of white rice
- Green leafy vegetables
- Protein shake with 2 scoops of protein
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 6oz of chicken breast
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Green leafy vegetables
- 1 pouch of tuna
- 1 tbsp of preferred dressing or mayo, 2 slices of whole grain bread
- Lettuce and tomato, and green vegetables
- 1 cup of (dried) oats cooked and mixed with a ½ cup of blueberries
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- Casein protein
Supplements & Recommendations
Tom Hardy uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
- Whey Protein
Whilst we don’t know the exact brand of supplements Tom Hardy uses, we have some recommendations based on what he takes. These are the top picks from each category, featured on our ranked supplement lists:
We can all agree that Tom Hardy is an awesome actor.
Not only does he perform the role magnificently, but he often does a whole-body transformation, from MMA fighter in Warrior, muscly Bane in Batman, to not so muscly Hansome Bob in RocknRolla.
If you enjoyed this routine, check out some of our other actor workout routines:
- Chris Hemsworth Workout Routine
- Matthew McConaughey Workout Routine
- David Harbour Workout Routine
- Mark Strong Workout Routine
- Charlie Hunnam Workout Routine