What does Jaimie Alexander’s workout routine look like?
Jaimie Alexander is an American actress most known for her role as the warrior goddess Sif in the movie Thor and Thor: Dark World, alongside Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson.
She’s also been featured in Disney+ TV shows, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Loki, and other TV series, Kyle XY and Blindspot.
Jaimie is from South Carolina and grew up with four brothers. She moved to Los Angeles after she graduated to pursue her acting career. She’s known in Hollywood for her killer body, dedication, and commitment to her craft.
While this post is a compilation of workouts she said she does in interviews, this is not her exact workout routine. However, it’s likely Jaimie Alexander follows this routine and diet plan when training for a role that requires physical strength and endurance.
- Height: 5’9″
- Weight: 127 pounds
- Age: 38 years old
- Birthday: March 12, 1984
- Accolades: 10th Action Icon Awards for Blindspot, Saturn Award nomination for Kyle XY, 2 Scream Award nominations for her work in Thor
As a high school student, Jaimie Alexander got into sports because she couldn’t sing and was kicked out of the theater program. However, she used fitness to channel her energy in other ways and built a solid foundation for loving exercise and making it a part of her daily life.
As an actress, Jaimie Alexander works hard in the gym because she loves pursuing acting roles that require her to be physically and emotionally strong. It’s never her goal to be skinny; she thinks she looks her best when she’s strong and eating healthy.
Jaimie Alexander’s Workout Routine
To properly train for her role as Lady Sif in Thor, Jaimie Alexander had an intense workout routine and diet plan that she followed for months leading up to filming.
Jaimie Alexander follows the prison workout structure, incorporating a lot of sprint interval work, jump rope, and burpees to keep her heart rate up, burn fat, and build muscle mass.
Here is the Jaimie Alexander workout routine:
Monday – Legs & Abs
Jaimie Alexander starts the week off strong with this glute and core burner:
- Pike push-ups (5 sets, 10 reps)
- Lunges (5 sets, 10 reps)
- Burpee (5 sets, 10 reps)
- Push-ups (5 sets, 10 reps)
- Double under (5 sets, 10 reps)
- Plank (3 sets, hold for 1 minute)
Tuesday – Shoulders & chest
Jaimie works her shoulders and chest on Tuesday in this heavy program:
- 20 minutes of running on the treadmill or stair master
- Incline bench press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Pec fly (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Overhead press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Side dumbbell lateral raise (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Front dumbbell lateral raise (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Pullover (3 sets, 10 reps)
Wednesday – Back & Triceps
On Wednesday, Jaimie Alexander targets her back and triceps in this burner:
- 20-minute cardio warm-up
- Dumbbell row (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Cable row (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Lat pulldown (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Dip (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Tricep pulldown (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Tricep kickback (3 sets, 10 reps)
Thursday – Legs & Biceps
Thursday is another leg day with some heavy bicep work for Jaimie with this combo:
- 10-minute cardio warm-up
- Straight leg deadlift (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Lunges (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Seated calf raise (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Preacher curl (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Chin up (3 sets, 10 reps)
Friday – Rest
With a busy work schedule and workout routine, Jaimie Alexander takes one day off per week. On Friday, she takes it easy and lets her body recover from the various strength training workouts she did during the week.
Saturday – Pilates
Jaimie Alexander kicks off the weekend with a Pilates class, one of her favorite forms of fitness.
Sunday – Boxing
While training for Thor, Jaimie started boxing with Chris Hemsworth. Boxing became one of her favorite forms of training, so she keeps it in her workout routine each week for variety and to maintain her skills. Here is a typical boxing workout Jaimie might perform:
- 10-minute jump rope or battle rope
- Boxer lunge (3 sets, 12 reps)
- High-knee straight punch (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Boxer sit-up (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Squat hook (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Boxer burpee (3 sets, 6 reps)
- Crunch & punch (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Jab, cross, squat (45 seconds)
- Cross, front hook, cross (45 seconds)
- Front upper, back upper, front upper, back upper, front hook, back hook (45 seconds)
Repeat as desired with a one-minute break in between sets.
Jaimie Alexander’s Diet
Along with an intense workout routine, Jaimie’s diet plan is pretty simple and straightforward. She eats mostly healthy with a few cheat snacks or meals sprinkled in. Jaimie loves protein shakes, chocolate, pizza, and beer.
Jaimie Alexander doesn’t count calories or macros; she simply follows the guidance of her trainers and her gut about how she’s feeling and what she needs to refuel her body before, during, and after workouts.
She keeps her diet pretty healthy and clean, so she can indulge without feeling guilty when she has a sugar craving.
Here is the Jaimie Alexander diet plan:
- Green shake called Garden of Plenty
- Scrambled eggs
- Gluten-free bread with peanut butter
- Black coffee
- Gluten-free wrap with hummus and veggies
- Protein shake
- Grilled salmon or other fish
- Steamed broccoli
Jaimie Alexander fuels her body with a few supplements and vitamins to keep her strong, focused, and energized in and out of the gym. Here are a few supplements she may take:
Jaimie Alexander plays a strong and fearless warrior goddess in Thor, and she has the focus and dedication to maintain the physical stature of a superhero for any role she takes on.
Whether she’s in the gym with a trainer, boxing with Chris Hemsworth, or enjoying a Pilates class, Jaimie knows what it takes to be the best in her career. She isn’t afraid to make sacrifices to achieve her goals, and we think that’s admirable.