What are the best lat pulldown bars?
A lat pulldown bar is typically steel or aluminum and attaches to a home gym or smith machine.
When you pull down on the bar, it lifts the attached weight stack, working the back, chest, arms, and shoulder muscles.
There are many options out there when it comes to lat pulldown bars, with a variety of lengths and grips to consider.
We’ve rounded up the best lat pulldown bars on the market to make it easier to find the right one for your workout goals.
Check out our top picks for effective, easy-to-use lat pulldown bars to boost your home gym experience.
The Best Lat Pulldown Bars Compared
Our equipment lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best lat pulldown bars:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Fitness Maniac – Lat Pulldown Bar With D-Handles
If you like the look and feel of a press and pulldown bar, then this lat bar from Fitness Maniac is good for you.
The D-shaped handles are angled off to the side, allowing maximum press as you pull down the bar and work your upper body with challenging weights.
It’s an easy cable attachment to pair with your home gym or Smith machine, and the durable steel construction is tough to beat.
This one comes with rubber grips to maximize efficiency and keep you safe and comfortable through every press and pull.
- Dynamic D-shaped handles off to the side for pressing.
- Includes cable attachment for Smith machine.
- Long-lasting chrome polish.
- Heavy-duty steel construction.
- Rubber grips for added comfort.
- Pairs well with additional attachments.
- Handles may cause hand soreness after extended lifts.
9. Power Systems – Black Chrome Lat Pulldown Bar
For a universal design that fits most cable machines, this black chrome lat pulldown bar from Power Systems is a great option.
It’s 48 inches long and has a beautiful black chrome finish for a long-lasting home gym solution that builds upper body muscles.
The diamond knurling offers the ideal grip without being abrasive on the skin, while the revolving bar has a sturdy cable attachment that spins around for fast changes.
Many people use it with Bowflex and similar home gym machines for efficient lat pulldowns that isolate muscles and improve definition.
- Universal design fits different cable machines.
- 48-inch steel lat pulldown bar.
- Protective chrome finish.
- Diamond knurling.
- Revolving bar and cable attachment.
- Clean, modern color.
- Grip may hurt after a while.
8. Fitness Maniac – Lat Pulldown Bar
Fitness Maniac has the best flat lat pulldown bar measuring 28 inches with D-shaped handles and a smooth chrome finish.
You can use this cable machine attachment for lat pulldowns, straight rows, and more back and arm-boosting workouts.
It weighs 9.2 lb. and is made out of high-quality steel with a revolving hanger for simple adjustments to maximize your training session.
Users say it feels like a solid heavy pipe for a tough, traditional lat pulldown routine that forces the back, neck, and shoulder muscles to work hard.
Fitness Maniac is also a well-known brand with a reputation for long-lasting and versatile workout equipment.
- 28-inch flat lat pulldown bar with chrome finish.
- Powerful grip with D-shaped handles.
- Good for pulldowns and rows.
- Revolving hanger for easy adjustments.
- Sturdy 9.2 lb. steel pipe.
- Well-known fitness brand.
- Grip isn’t as comfortable as other bars.
7. Ivanko – Bent Lat Pulldown Bar
If you’re looking for a highly durable lat pulldown bar finished with sleek, protective chrome polish, then this bent lat pulldown bar from Ivanko is a premium choice.
It offers a sturdy grip and long-lasting durability like you’d find in a commercial gym, plus it’s easy to connect with home workout machines to challenge yourself with a heavy weight stack.
The 48-inch bar has highly polished, triple chrome plating to protect against corrosion, and the precision forged steel swivels are also heavy-duty.
With rubber safety ends and deep, custom-knurled grips, this 13 lb. bar maximizes user comfort for the best lat pulldown performance.
Users also say the Ivanko bar is extremely balanced and stays in place for controlled movements.
- 48-inch bar with triple chrome plating.
- Precision forged steel swivels.
- Resists corrosion.
- Sturdy 13 lb. design.
- Non-slip knurled grips.
- Rubber safety ends.
- No rubber grip.
6. Ulalov – Lat Pulldown Bar With Handles
Ulalov – Lat Pulldown Bar With Handles is the best curl pulldown bar thanks to its solid steel construction and 880 lb. loading capacity.
It’s 1 inch thick, and 30 inches long with four non-slip rubber handles for enhanced comfort that keeps sweaty hands from slipping.
The brand says it uses environmentally-friendly rubber for an ergonomic and firm grip that reduces the risk of a wrist injury.
This heavy-duty bar is rust-proof and polished with a chrome coating, plus the rotating swivel center provides fluid motion for forward and reverses pulldowns.
It also comes with a carabiner hook so you can quickly and safely attach it to a pulley cable, squat rack, or Smith machine to boost your strength training.
- Versatile curl pulldown bar for flexible strength training.
- Attaches to Smith machines, pulley cables, or squat racks.
- Heavy-duty steel bar with chrome coating.
- Ergonomic grip for fewer wrist injuries.
- Eco-friendly rubber comfort grip.
- Comes with a carabiner hook.
- Shorter than straight bars.
5. Home Gym Fitness – Lat Pulldown Bar With Attachments
Home Gym Fitness gives you the ultimate v-bar for effective lat pulldowns with five different grip sizes to choose from.
Easily go from wide to close grip with attachments ranging from 8 to 31 inches, allowing you to strengthen your back and contour muscles simultaneously.
You can work the biceps and triceps with special pulldown handles, too, while the innovative palm support and knurled grip minimize muscle fatigue.
These bars are made with professional-grade thickened pipes, including 10mm super-thick plates on the handles for a non-slip feel.
This lat pulldown option attaches to cable machines and home gym systems to support up to 880 lb. of muscle-boosting traction.
- Multiple grips for isolating back and lat muscles.
- Narrow, medium, and wide pull-back handles.
- Five-piece combo set features a V-shaped design.
- Unique palm support prevents fatigue.
- 10mm thick steel plate for greater durability.
- Alloy steel construction with knurled grip.
- Not as wide as other pulldown bars.
4. BalanceFrom – Lat Pulldown Bar With Attachments
If you’re looking for a lat pulldown bar with several attachments, BalanceFrom has you covered.
There are five pieces included in this lat pulldown set, including 33, 24, 22, and two 12-inch grips, giving you greater flexibility to target different muscles.
BalanceFrom says its lat pulldown attachments easily attach to cable machines and feature a super comfortable rubber coating for the ultimate grip.
The variety of grip positions isolates back and lat muscles for more effective training, and with the heaviest weight at just 10 lb., it’s easy to switch these bars around.
The durable center hole allows you to quickly attach these bars to a carabiner and a home workout machine to deliver impressive upper-body results.
- 5-piece lat pulldown attachment set.
- Dynamic V-shaped lat bars.
- 34, 24, 22, and 12-inch grips.
- Isolates different back and lat muscles.
- Rubber coating for comfort and safety.
- Easily hooks onto cable machines.
- Not ideal for triceps.
3. Ironcompany – HOG Legs Fat Lat Pulldown Bar
For a thick lat bar that takes upper body workouts to new heights, you can’t go wrong with the Ironcompany – HOG Legs Fat Lat Pulldown Bar.
This extreme custom angled lat bar has a 48-inch thick grip and a live-action stainless steel swivel ring for smooth attachments and adjustments every time.
The brand says its sure-grip comes from a baked powder-coated finish, and the bar itself is proudly made in Pennsylvania using commercial-grade welded steel.
It weighs just under 8 lb., so it’s easy to move around, and once connected to a weight stack; it drives powerful upper-body movements every time.
With fixed cable attachment brackets and fully welded angled bends, this thick lat bar supports custom muscle targeting that protects the joints.
- 60 inches long with a custom 48-inch thick grip.
- Stainless steel swivel attachment ring.
- Made of commercial-grade welded steel.
- Angled bends for enhanced comfort.
- Powder-coated finish.
- Lifetime replacement warranty.
- May feel too thick for some users.
2. Allbingo – Pro Lat Pulldown Bar
If you prefer a robust rubber grip for lat pulldowns, the Allbingo Pro is the way to go.
It’s a straight, rotating lat pulldown bar attachment with large clips to support challenging workouts on a cable weight machine or home gym.
The heavy-duty steel bar has thick rubber pads for an excellent non-slip grip, and the rotating ring lets you maintain your proper form without straining.
It’s 46 inches long and just under 15 lb., with a 360-degree steel swivel and multiple rubber grips along the bar so you can enjoy wide and close-grip workouts.
Also, the commercial-grade construction features heavy-duty steel that’s free of flakes and sharp edges for the long-lasting quality you want in a lat bar.
- Multi-grip lat bar with thick rubber padding.
- 360-degree steel swivel and attachment clip.
- 46 inches long to accommodate most lifters.
- Rotating ring for smooth performance.
- Commercial steel construction.
- Works for bicep curls too.
- Some people say the bar is too heavy for easy adjustment.
1. CAP Barbell – Lat Pulldown Bar
The CAP Barbell – Lat Pulldown Bar is the best lat pulldown bar overall as it features a revolving hanger and diamond knurling.
You can also choose a chrome bar with rubber grips if you prefer, and either way, it attaches easily to a home gym or Smith machine for a better upper body workout.
Built with solid steel, this durable lat bar is 48 inches long with a straight section of 32 inches. It weighs 11 lb. and has a maximum weight capacity of 320 lb.
Users say this lat pull bar gives them excellent control for each repetition, ensuring impressive muscle development.
It offers a full range of motion for building strong arm, shoulder, and chest muscles, and the longer length is ideal for taller users and those with a wide wingspan.
- Effectively builds upper body strength.
- Revolving hanger and diamond knurling or rubber grips.
- 48-inch bar is good for taller lifters.
- Durable solid steel lat bar.
- Secure, non-slip design.
- 320 lb. weight capacity.
- May rust in humidity.
FAQs About Lat Pulldown Bars
Not only did we round up a list of the best lat pulldown bars, but we’ve also answered the most frequently asked questions about lat bars too.
Q: What Is a Lat Pulldown Bar?
A lat pulldown bar is a steel or aluminum bar with an appropriate grip so you can pull it down and back up while attached to a lat pulldown machine.
The best lat pulldown bars give you excellent control for wide-grip, close-grip, and behind-the-neck lat pulldowns for an impressive upper body workout.
While medical studies indicate a medium or narrow grip activates the biceps even more than a wide grip, you can’t go wrong with any form of lat pulldowns if you’re striving for safe and effective muscle development in your arms, back, and shoulders.
Q: How Much Does a Lat Pulldown Bar Weigh?
Most lat pulldown bars weigh between 7-15 lb. and have a maximum weight capacity of around 600-900 lb.
When shopping for a new lat bar attachment, always check the weight and length dimensions, as taller users need a longer bar for a wide grip.
With the appropriate lat pulldown weight, you can do lat pulldowns and rows to fully work the latissimus dorsi (LD) and teres major (TM) muscles.
Q: How Long Is a Standard Lat Pulldown Bar?
Most straight standard lat pulldown bars are 48 inches long, although you can get shorter lat bars around 30 inches.
Some combination sets with multiple bars even have shorter attachments around 12 inches for specific triceps and bicep targeting.
It’s important to find the right size for your height and strength levels, so you can get the most out of lat pulldowns that effectively target major muscles like pectoralis major, latissimus dorsi, biceps brachii, and posterior deltoid.
Q: How Wide Should My Lat Pulldown Bar Be?
Your lat pulldown bar attachment should be 2 or 3 inches wider than your shoulder for effective wide-grip pulldowns.
You can choose a smaller width if you prefer a narrow grip exercise, so long as you maintain the same slow and steady control throughout the entire exercise.
Whichever width you opt for, keep in mind that lat pulldowns should be a regular part of your strength training to target your upper and lower back muscles effectively.
Q: Where Should I Hold My Lat Pulldown Bar?
Ideally, you should hold the lat pulldown bar evenly on both sides with a firm grip just wider than your shoulders.
Wrap your hands around the bar and keep a steady grip as you pull down until the bar is at chin level, then pull it back up.
It’s always best to use an overhand grip with knuckles up to start. Once you’re comfortable with that, you can move on to reverse lat pulldowns with greater confidence.
Q: Which Lat Pulldown Bar to Choose?
Choosing a lat pulldown bar attachment depends on the grip, length, and any special features or attachments to make your time in the gym easier.
Look for heavy-duty steel or aluminum that’s built to last, and also check for a knurled or rubber grip to ensure the bar doesn’t slip out of your hands.
Also, consider a lat pulldown bar that works for multiple exercises such as bicep curls in addition to lat pulldowns.
If it comes with an attachment clip to hook it onto your home gym, cable machine, or Smith machine, even better.
Choosing a trusted brand for the best lat pulldown attachment means you can enjoy an exciting yet challenging workout targeting your lats, biceps, and trapezius muscles.
A lat pulldown bar is a steel or aluminum bar that attaches to a home gym or Smith machine for upper arm workouts.
When these lat bars are pulled down and back up, they work the back, shoulder, chest, and arm muscles through controlled movements.
You can change the weight of the lat bar attachment and incorporate this equipment into upper body sessions to maximize muscle growth.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best lat pulldown bars:
- CAP Barbell – Lat Pulldown Bar
- Allbingo – Pro Lat Pulldown Bar
- Ironcompany – HOG Legs Fat Lat Pulldown Bar
- BalanceFrom – Lat Pulldown Bar With Attachments
- Home Gym Fitness – Lat Pulldown Bar With Attachments
- Ulalov – Lat Pulldown Bar With Handles
- Ivanko – Bent Lat Pulldown Bar
- Fitness Maniac – Lat Pulldown Bar
- Power Systems – Black Chrome Lat Pulldown Bar
- Fitness Maniac – Lat Pulldown Bar With D-Handles