What are the best lat pulldown machines?
On the hunt for the best lat pulldown machine to add to your home gym? You’re in luck!
In this post, we’ve put together a comprehensive list of lat machines that vary in price, construction, durability, and performance.
In the past, you may have only seen this strength training machine in gyms, but there are some great products available for your home as well.
If you are looking to add this strength training machine to your home gym, keep reading for the top 10 best lat pulldown machines available today.
The Best Lat Pulldown Machines Compared
Our equipment lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable companies and web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best lat pulldown machines:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. UPDD – Lat Pull Down Machine
With a load capacity of 395 pounds, it’s no surprise this steel lat pull down machine made our list.
Thoughtfully designed for various heights and weights, the UPDD lat pull down machine is an excellent addition to your home gym.
It’s ideal for light construction in a home gym, with the ability to perform challenging workouts that target biceps, forearms, shoulders, traps, and triceps.
This durable machine provides maximum leverage so you can increase the thickness of your back and lower wings.
It’s the perfect strength training machine for the entire family, regardless of fitness level or skill.
- Compact, foldable design
- Free weight puller to focus on upper body muscles
- Holds 1 and 2-inch plates
- Multi-positon foam roller locks you in place
- Adjustable height and seat positions
- Smooth pulley system for great lat pull workouts
- Thick frame, foot support, durable non-slip cover
- Assembly requires more than 1 person
9. Soozier – Lat Pulldown Machine
Strength training lovers looking for a lat machine that won’t take up tons of space – this one’s for you!
The Soozier machine gives you the ability to get a full workout without a bulky machine taking up room in your home gym or office. Save space and get ripped… It’s a win-win!
Strengthen biceps, triceps, shoulders, and more with this durable lat pulldown machine.
- Adjustable pull rod to target different muscles
- Max weight capacity of 220 pounds
- Multi-position foam roller locks you in place
- Designed for biceps, forearms, latitude and longitude, shoulders, traps, and triceps
- 5 adjustable height positions
- Made of solid, durable steel material to ensure a safe workout every time
- Great price point
- Will not hold heavy weights
- Gloves recommended
- Not suitable for really tall users
8. BuyHive – Lat Pulldown Machine
Develop and maintain your upper body strength with the BuyHive lat pulldown machine.
Pulley stations help to target muscle groups including lats, biceps, forearms, traps, triceps, shoulders, and more.
Ideal for rowing workouts and individual muscle workouts, this lat machine will be a great addition to any home gym.
With the durability to hold 1-inch standard plates and 2-inch Olympic plates, this steel frame lat machine can support most heavy and light workouts equally.
- 4-position foam rollers lock you in position during workouts
- Adjustable seat options to cater to various heights and weights
- High and low pulley stations to target various muscle groups
- Easy assembly
- Stable non-slip base for secure, safe workouts
- Max hold capacity of 500 pounds
- A moderately expensive price point
7. TDS – Lat Pulldown Machine
Designed for standard plates, the TDS lat pulldown machine has steel tube construction and a heavy-duty coated cable.
You won’t ever question the durability of this lat machine during a workout.
With a max weight capacity of 600 pounds, if you’re a heavy lifter, this is the machine for you.
- Covered foam knee rollers
- Max capacity of 600 pounds
- Quality ball-bearing pulleys
- Smooth pulley for seamless workouts
- Deluxe stitched seat
- Non-slip heavy duty end caps for stability
- High price point
6. Merax – Lat Pulldown Machine
For the serious weight and strength trainer workout out at home, the Merax lat pulldown machine is a great option.
Constructed with a 2” x 2” heavy-gauge steel frame and a powder coat finish, you can feel the durability of this machine while you’re using it.
Designed for tension moves and targeted muscle workouts, Merax provides a quality option for the home gym.
With nonstick rubber feet and adjustable foam rollers to anchor legs during heavy pulls, you can complete a heavy workout without worrying about slipping or any unwanted movement.
- Handle pull rod to work shoulders, arms, and back
- Back pull rod to work pecs, shoulders, and back muscles
- Rowing bar for bicep, tricep, and arm workouts
- Thick frame and foot support
- Adjustable cushion for various seat heights, soft sponge for comfort
- Max weight capacity of 286 pounds
- Compatible with standard and Olympic plates
- Expensive price point
5. Valor Fitness – CB-12 Lat Pulldown Machine
For those seeking a lat machine that offers versatility in your workouts and targets specific muscle groups, Valor Fitness has the lat machine for you.
From abs to arms, back, and shoulders, this lat pulldown machine does it all.
This pulldown machine is constructed from 2” x 2” 12-gauge steel to ensure strength and stability during every workout.
With a max weight capacity of 200 pounds and a 60” cable pulley, you’ll get the best of both worlds with this machine — challenging exercise and the peace of mind that your equipment is stable and secure.
- Max weight capacity of 200 pounds
- Smooth pulley system
- High-density dual-layered seat padding designed for long-term use
- Harness strap with soft handles to perform seated ab crunches
- Adjustable seat in 4 positions for a 5” range of motion with locking pull pins
- Textured footplates for extra stability and leverage
- Interchangeable accessory bar
- Holds standard 1” plates and 2” Olympic plates
- Includes 2 spring clips for weight security
- Not for heavy weights
- Moderate price point
- Assembly may be challenging for some
4. Deltech Fitness – Lat Pulldown Machine
When it comes to durability and design, Deltech Fitness is the go-to choice.
With its steel hub fiber-reinforced pulleys and aircraft quality cables, this lat machine is an excellent option for any height and weight.
Built to accommodate standard and Olympic plates, this machine includes adapters and collars so you can customize your workouts with the weight you need.
- Accommodates standard 1” plates and 2” Olympic plates
- Chrome-plated lat and row bars have a swivel design
- Nylon pulleys are fiberglass reinforced for maximum durability
- Cables are aircraft quality to ensure smooth pulls every time
- Leg hold-down adjusts easily for users of all sizes
- Weight carriage glides smoothly
- Sweat-resistant seat pad made of durable vinyl and easy to clean
- Not the best option for heavy lifting
3. Body-Solid – Powerline PLM180X Lat Pulldown Machine
For those just getting into weight lifting or working out using machines, definitely consider the Body-Solid Powerline lat pulldown machine as an addition to your home gym.
Its versatility supports workouts that target your back, arms, shoulders, and all the upper body muscles. Build strength while perfecting your form and technique with this lat machine.
With a max weight capacity of 250 pounds, this lat machine is a great choice for any skill level. Its compact design makes it easy to fit in your workout space, whether large or small.
- Ideal for all upper body muscle groups
- Heavy gauge steel construction
- Dual-position 8″ foam rollers to hold you securely while in use
- Nylon bushings for smooth lifting
- Low pulley station for rows, curls, and more
- Lat and low row bar included
- High price point for beginners
- The seat is not adjustable
2. TDS – Super Lat Pulldown Machine
Heavy weight lifters — TDS doesn’t mess around with weight. If you’re on the hunt for a lat machine that can accommodate your heaviest weights, look no further.
When you lift heavy weights, you know durability is of the utmost importance. TDS knows that too, and their lat pulldown machine checks all the boxes.
The TDS lat machine is manufactured from heavy-duty steel, a steel tube base, and a steel deck plate.
During use, you’ll have peace of mind knowing the machine isn’t going to shift or wobble, ever.
Lift heavy and improve your stamina and endurance with the Super Lat Pulldown machine by TDS.
- Max weight capacity of 800 pounds
- Designed for both standard 1” plates and 2” Olympic plates
- Heavily cushioned seat for comfort during workouts
- Footplate for reduced wheel exercises
- Sealed sphere bearings and a dual rod system for steadiness
- One of the most expensive lat machines on the market
1. XMark – Heavy Duty Lat Pulldown Machine
When it comes to quality, durability, and design, XMark spares no expense. It’s no wonder they are first on our list!
During your most intense strength training, knowing the machine you’re using is high quality, durable, and effective is what every fitness buff wants.
Designed for strength and stability, the XMark lat pulldown machine is constructed of highly durable steel and its cushions and pads are sweat and tear-proof.
Multifunctional, sleek design, smooth pulley system, and guaranteed durability — is anyone surprised this is our top pick?
- High and low pulley stations for workout versatility
- Accommodates standard 1” plates and Olympic plates
- 400-pound maximum weight capacity
- Nylon-coated aircraft quality cables for smooth pulling
- Bolted on, skid-resistant feet
- Thick 3-inch sweat-resistant Duraguard vinyl cushion
- Lat pulldown and low row bar both included
- Flip-up footplate for use with the low row bar
- Not ideal for tall people
FAQs About Lat Pulldown Machines
Here are our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about lat pulldown machines:
Q: What is a lat pulldown machine used for?
A lat pulldown machine is used to work and develop the muscles on the sides of your chest and upper back.
A lat pulldown targets the latissimus dorsi, a muscle on the outer side of the chest wall.
Q: What muscles does a lat pulldown machine work?
A lat pulldown machine works the muscles of the back, particularly the latissimus dorsi.
This muscle covers the back of the torso, below the arms, and across the ribs.
The biceps, forearms, and pecs are also engaged during lat pulldown workouts.
Q: Are lat pulldowns better than pull-ups?
Lat pulldowns and pull-ups both activate lat muscles in the same way.
Pull-ups can work to engage the biceps and spinal erectors more, while lat pulldowns isolate the muscles without engaging the lower back or biceps as much.
As far as strength training goes, pull-ups traditionally require more strength and agility. The more you weigh, the more you have to lift.
While you’re at it, check out this post on our favorite pull-up bars.
Q: How To Choose / Which To Choose?
Because there are so many lat pulldown machines available, knowing your price point and expectations in quality are important to find the lat machine for you.
Depending on your workout goals and strength training, shop around for the lat machine that best suits your fitness goals without breaking the bank.
You may find that some machines include equipment, like weight plates or spring clips.
We always recommend reading product reviews and doing research on the company you are buying from.
Particularly in the fitness world, there are some companies that have been around forever and are well-established as leaders in business.
These are typically great companies to buy from because you know the quality is guaranteed, their customer service is excellent, and you have the proof of satisfied customers to rely on.
This list has a great variety of prices, from some budget-friendly options that are under $200 to some high-end lat machines that are more expensive… But you get what you pay for!
Now that home gyms are becoming more common, investing in high-quality equipment and machines is a solid choice.
As far as strength training goes, lat pulldown machines can help build muscle, increase stamina, improve form and technique, and provide a full-body workout.
If you’re shopping for the best lat pulldown machine, we are confident this post will help guide you in the right direction.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best lat pulldown machines:
- XMark – Heavy Duty Lat Pulldown Machine
- TDS – Super Lat Pulldown Machine
- Body-Solid – Powerline PLM180X Lat Pulldown Machine
- Deltech Fitness – Lat Pulldown Machine
- Valor Fitness – CB-12 Lat Pulldown Machine
- Merax – Lat Pulldown Machine
- TDS – Lat Pulldown Machine
- BuyHive – Lat Pulldown Machine
- Soozier – Lat Pulldown Machine
- UPDD – Lat Pull Down Machine