What are the best battle ropes?
The battle rope is an absolutely essential piece of equipment to have in your workout regime.
Not only do battle ropes improve conditioning and muscle strength, but they’re easy to add to any workout space or home gym because of their size and utility.
In this post, we’re highlighting the 10 best battle ropes on the market so our readers can gain an in-depth and insightful look into the world of battle rope workouts and why using one frequently will change your life in and out of the gym.
Without further ado, let’s jump right in!
The Best Battle Ropes Compared
Our equipment lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable companies and web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best battle ropes:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Yes4All – Battle Rope
The Yes4All battle ropes are a solid choice for strength training, conditioning, and general strength improvement.
Increase your mobility and balance with this intense fat-blasting workout.
This momentum-filled exercise is low-impact, easy on your body, and will have you sculpting new muscles in no time.
With 1.5 inch and 2 inch thick ropes available for purchase, any fitness level can build a workout plan with these battle ropes and find success.
- Variety of weight and thickness options
- Weighs 33 pounds
- Made of 3-strand twisted 100% Poly-Dacron material
- The removable sleeve protects from fraying or rubbing against the anchor
- Handles made from non-slip grip material
- Great price point
- Not ideal for hardcore, daily exercisers due to fraying
9. Aresrope – Battle Rope
Whether you’re just getting started in the fitness world or are a seasoned pro, battle rope exercises can help you level up in training and strength building.
The Aresrope battle rope is made of 100% Dacron material, built to last through intense workouts, and durable for any user.
If you’re a beginner in this space, the 30-foot ropes will help you get a full-body workout while easing you into a new exercise.
With a training guide included, you’ll be shaking these ropes confidently in no time.
For the rope gurus reading this, the 40-foot length will challenge you enough to keep you coming back for more.
- Made of 100% polyethylene polyester material
- Nylon cover included for protection and long-term use
- Available in 30 and 40-foot lengths with a 1.5-inch thickness
- Anchor strap kit included
- Training manual included
- Great price point
We can’t find one single con… Guess you should buy this one!
8. Power Guidance – Battle Rope
When it comes to the durability and longevity of a rope, Power Guidance knows what they’re doing.
These nylon sleeve battle ropes are covered to prevent friction and fraying during use.
If you want to invest in quality battle ropes with the confidence of knowing they won’t fray or lose their tightness over time, Power Guidance is the rope for you.
- Available in a variety of lengths (30 feet – 50 feet) and thicknesses (1.5” and 2 “)
- Nylon sleeve covered to protect from fraying and friction
- Made from 100% Dacron
- 7.5-inch heat-shrinking handles for supportive grip
- 3-strand twisted design for improved grip
- Battle rope anchor included
- Not for in-home use, better in an outdoor or gym setting
- Some users report they tangle easily
7. Rep Fitness – V2 Battle Rope
Looking for an outdoor battle rope that can handle the elements and still provide a great workout?
Rep Fitness V2 battle rope can handle anything you put it through outdoors.
Made with an abrasion-resistant nylon sleeve, this rope can handle the heat and wear.
The sleeve also keeps dirt off the rope itself, extending its life as your go-to workout rope.
Get your heart rate pounding with these outdoor battle ropes! Great for warm-ups or as part of your cardio and conditioning.
- Variety of lengths available (30 feet – 50 feet)
- 1.5 inch and 2-inch diameter options
- Full nylon sleeve for use anywhere
- Made of 100% poly-Dacron material
- Heat-shrink ends keep rope tightly wound
- 1-year warranty
- Handles are slippery for some users
6. Yes4All – Battle Rope
Maximize your strength training with the Yes4All Battle Rope.
If you’ve been working with ropes for a while and are looking for a set for your home gym, look no further.
With an extra ten inches of handle gripping and weighing 44 pounds, this rope will challenge you physically, while building your stamina and muscle strength along the way.
- Made of durable 100% poly-dacron material
- Protective nylon sleeves to prevent friction damage and fraying
- Anchor and strap kit included
- 2 inches in diameter, weighs 44 pounds
- 10 inch extra long handles for experienced users
- Easy to store away when a workout is complete
- Higher price point
- No anchor installation instructions
5. Garage Fit – Battle Ropes
Ready to have a killer workout that targets your core, back, shoulders, arms, and legs? GarageFit can get you there!
These battle ropes provide the intense cardio and strength training workout you’re looking for, all in one piece of equipment.
Get sculpted and toned from anywhere with battle rope exercises.
- The rope weighs 47 pounds
- Made from a highly durable polyester blend
- Heat shrink end caps prevent unraveling and provide grip
- Great for storage and portability
- Two anchor straps included
- Dense protection sleeve included
- Many users report fraying after a few uses
4. XGEAR – Battle Rope
Tone muscles and build aerobic endurance with the XGEAR battle rope.
Battle rope workouts can tone your core while enhancing strength in your arms, abs, shoulders, and more.
XGEAR provides a durable option designed for any fitness level.
- Made from 100% poly-Dacron material
- Anchor kit included
- Weigh 28 pounds
- 8-strand thick design prevents loosening
- The Oxford waterproof sleeve protects rope from the elements
- Extra-long coated handles provide a firm, comfortable grip
- Many users reported shedding
3. Perantlb – Battle Ropes
Looking for the best battle rope for durability?
With Perantlb battle ropes, you can complete a full-body conditioning workout, tone your arms and shoulders while improving your balance and flexibility.
None of this would be possible without Perantlb’s newly upgraded durable protection sleeve and anti-slip handles for maximum durability and long-term use.
The sleeve is wear-resistant and keeps your rope protected from wear, elements, and fraying.
- 3 lengths: 30 feet, 40 feet, 50 feet
- 2 thickness levels – 1.5 inches and 2 inches
- Durable protection sleeve that protects from friction
- Anti-slip handle with steel ring for extra grip and comfort
- Anchor kit included
- High price point
- No instructions for anchor installation
2. Profect Sports – Battle Ropes
Tighten your core and work out your shoulders and arms like never before with Perfect Sports battle ropes.
From Waves and Slams to jumps and lunges, this full-body workout tool will check every box and give you the strength training you’ve been seeking.
- 100% poly-Dacron material
- Duramax protective sleeve
- Includes 2 heavy anchor straps
- Exercise instructions included
- Extra-long coated handles for supportive grip
- Non-slip strap eliminates rope slip during vigorous training
- Some reviewers say the strap makes the rope tangle easily
1. Hyperwear – Battle Ropes
The best battle rope money can buy is made by Hyperwear! It’s a clear winner for a few reasons, in our opinion.
Its durable construction and extra-long length make it unique and unlike any other battle rope available.
Enjoy a bigger range of motion and complete more exercises with Hyperwear’s battle ropes.
Tone your arms, shoulders, and muscles and enjoy a full-body conditioning workout.
- Made of multiple layers of pure polyester, braided over a weighted core
- Weighs 19 pounds, 50 feet long
- 2 inches thick
- Handles are ribbed and made of thermoplastic elastomers
- Does not require an anchor, hovers above the floor during use
- Only requires 6 feet of space, ultimate compact battle rope
- UV resistant for outdoor use
- Most expensive product on this list
FAQs About Battle Ropes
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions about battle ropes, the exercises they offer, fitness and health benefits, and more.
Q: What are the benefits of battle ropes?
Battle ropes help you achieve a full-body workout, including conditioning and strength training.
Strength training has been shown to actually benefit the heart more than traditional aerobic exercises like walking or cycling.
From a muscle perspective, battle ropes work your core, arms, and shoulders while activating many other muscle groups in your body.
Q: What is the best length for battle ropes?
If you are new to battle ropes, most will recommend starting with a 1.5-inch rope. The thicker the rope, the heavier the weight (and the harder the workout!)
It’s best to start slow and see what you can handle, where your endurance and stamina levels are, and to scale up from there.
If you have bigger hands or are already experienced in battle rope exercises, 2-inch ropes are a great choice.
The workout will feel heavier with a 2-inch rope, and you’ll see muscle gains over endurance.
Q: What is a good weight for battle ropes?
This varies depending on your skill level; generally, battle rope weight increases as the length does.
For example, a 1.5 inch 30-foot rope can weigh anywhere from 16 to 18 pounds.
A 1.5 inch 40-foot rope is around 21-24 pounds, and a 1.5 inch 50-foot rope weighs between 27-29 pounds.
Select your thickness first (1.5 or 2 inches) and then decide on rope length to determine which weight will work for your skill level and fitness goals.
The lighter the rope, the more cardio, and HIIT-focused the workout will be. The heavier the rope is, the more it will emphasize muscle building.
Q: What should I look for in a battle rope?
When shopping for battle ropes, there are a few considerations that should be made.
Make sure the rope has the thickness you want, suited for the workouts you prefer.
If you’re going to toss it into your gym bag, make sure it’s a compact option that is easy to transport.
If you’re using it at home, make sure it includes an anchor kit.
However, if you plan to use the battle ropes outside, we recommend a nylon-covered rope so your equipment won’t get damaged outdoors.
Lastly, look for a reputable company that has a solid return policy or warranty on its product.
Q: How To Choose / Which To Choose?
Don’t just read a few reviews and click purchase!
Particularly if you are new to battle ropes and aren’t totally sure what you should be looking for, here are a few standout features you need to examine.
Battle ropes made with a poly-Dacron finish are known to withstand even the most intense and frequent use.
If you intend to use your ropes frequently or are sharing them with other people, make sure to invest in the best quality and materials so you can get your money’s worth.
The rope size you select should align with your hand size. Thicker battle ropes are typically 2 inches in diameter, while the smaller ones are around 1.5 inches.
Like we mentioned above, rope size also depends on your skill level or what kind of workout you want.
1.5 inches is lighter and provides more of a conditioning workout, while 2 inches is heavier and will focus on building strength.
If you aren’t confident in your grip strength when it comes to a vigorous exercise like battle ropes, or you want to avoid calluses, you’ll be better off finding ropes that have handles attached.
Your hands will thank you!
Finding a battle rope with anchors is recommended if you don’t have the equipment (like a squat rack) that can be used as an anchor for the rope.
Lucky for you, most on this list have anchors included!
For an intense stress-relieving workout that simultaneously provides full-body training, there’s really nothing better than battle rope exercises.
As more people realize the value and results that battle ropes provide, the more in demand they become.
If you see a battle rope on this list that catches your eye and looks like something you want in your home gym, grab it while you can!
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best battle ropes:
- Hyperwear – Battle Ropes
- Profect Sports – Battle Ropes
- Perantlb – Battle Ropes
- XGEAR – Battle Rope
- Garage Fit – Battle Ropes
- Yes4All – Battle Rope
- Rep Fitness – V2 Battle Rope
- Power Guidance – Battle Rope
- Aresrope – Battle Rope
- Yes4All – Battle Rope