What are the best vibrating foam rollers?
If you’re on the hunt for the best vibrating foam roller on the market, today is your lucky day. We’ve done the heavy lifting for you and put together a comprehensive list.
Professional athletes, fitness buffs, and personal trainers are among the many who use vibrating foam rollers as an integral part of their fitness routine.
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned foam roller enthusiast, this article will help you find the best vibrating foam roller to increase your flexibility, improve blood circulation, reduce soreness and relieve muscle pain.
The Best Vibrating Foam Rollers Compared
Our equipment lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable companies and web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best vibrating foam rollers:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Theragun – Wave Roller
Made from a hypoallergenic high-density foam, Theragun’s vibrating foam roller is Bluetooth enabled and syncs with their app for customized routines and stretching recommendations.
The asymmetrical wave-shaped grooves in the Wave Roller allow for evenly applied pressure regardless of the area you’re focused on.
It is a softer foam roller than most in order to conceal the sounds made by its various vibrations.
This electric foam roller has 5-speed settings, controlled through the app or on the foam roller itself. If you’re a tech-savvy fitness buff, the Wave Roller is a great choice.
- Made from high-density PU (polyurethane) foam
- Up to 3 hours of battery life on a single charge
- A great option for beginners or to use after lighter workouts
- 5 vibration frequencies to control the intensity, depending on what your body needs
- 11 inches long and 3 pounds, making it portable and great for travel
- The carrying case and charger are included; the wireless charging option is sold separately
- Less firm than other vibrating foam rollers
- An expensive choice for its functionality and capabilities
- Size may not be ideal for larger people
9. Vulken – Vibrating Foam Roller (13-Inch)
Vulken’s powerful motor and speed settings make it a competitive vibrating foam roller for warming up muscles and joints, circulation improvement, and muscle recovery.
This vibrating foam roller has 4-speed settings; light, moderate, strong, and intense all help to reduce soreness and stimulate blood flow where (and when) your body needs it the most.
Minimal ridges and the smoother surface design on this electric foam roller make it a top pick for larger and heavier users.
- 13 inches long and fits in most backpacks or gym bags
- Weighs 2.5 pounds
- Rechargeable battery
- Made with eco-friendly materials
- Automatic shut-off after 15 minutes saves battery
- Some users have reported it’s difficult to roll on their sides
- It may be too firm for beginners or extra sore muscles
- Smaller users report not getting a fully effective stretch
- 2-hour battery life
8. URBNFit – Vibrating Foam Roller
URBNFit’s impressive 5 vibration levels make it a popular choice for athletes and gym rats alike.
A typical vibrating foam roller has 4 speeds, so URBNFit is taking it to the next level to provide a product that does it all.
Appealing to the masses isn’t easy, but this vibrating foam roller is doing it! The 6-hour battery life doesn’t hurt, either.
This vibrating foam roller uses its 5-speed capabilities to relax pain points from intense workout sessions while easing stiff joints and muscles.
You can cycle through all 5 speeds during a roll session to promote blood flow and break up lactic acid buildup for a quicker, more effective recovery.
- 5-speed settings for gentle stretching or intense massage therapy
- Made with eco-friendly materials
- LED light indicator for setting control
- Free stretching guide included at purchase
- Rechargeable battery that lasts for 6 hours on the highest intensity setting
- Higher intensity levels can be louder than average vibrating foam rollers
- Need a USB cable on hand to charge
7. Vulken – Vibrating Foam Roller (17-Inch)
If you are targeting your back, shoulders, and legs during your workouts, the Vulken Extra Long 17” vibrating foam roller is a great option for recovery and circulation.
The length provides several more inches than the average electric foam roller, and that’s why it made our list of the best vibrating foam rollers.
You can roll out your entire back in one roll, as well as both legs simultaneously.
Vulken’s 4-speed settings (Low, Medium High, and Auto-Pulsate) allow you to control vibration intensity without overwhelming your muscles. The pulse setting helps muscles relax and ease into recovery.
Vulken’s lithium-ion batteries offer up to 4 hours of use per charge, making this vibrating foam roller a reliable piece of equipment in your recovery routine.
- Surface length is ideal for taller and broad-backed users
- Rechargeable batteries included
- Made from high-density EVA (Ethylene-vinyl acetate) foam
- The motor offers an impressive RPM of 3800 for high penetration muscle relief
- The pulsating mode designed for muscle relaxation
- Not the best option for travel
- The firmness of the foam can be too intense
- Shorter options are better for smaller users
- Better battery life in other vibrating foam rollers
- Users report it isn’t the best choice for neck stretching
6. Trigger Point Performance – Vibrating Foam Roller
The Trigger Point Performance vibrating foam roller offers a multi-density surface that is designed to increase circulation and accelerate muscle recovery by channeling blood and oxygen during use and in the days following.
Less surface area on this electric foam roller allows for more focused, targeted relief through deep tissue compression.
With 4 intensity speeds, the unique grid surface mimics a massage therapist’s hands. This vibrating foam roller is 12 inches long and weighs around 2.5 pounds.
Use it on your back, shoulders, lower legs, and hips for maximum relief post-workout and to improve flexibility, balance, and mobility.
- Cordless and rechargeable
- Patented grid surface increases circulation and recovery
- Ideal for targeting one muscle at a time
- Manufacturer’s one year warranty
- Size may be uncomfortable for those with wider backs and shoulders
- Battery life lasts up to 2 hours after a full charge
5. FITINDEX – Vibrating Foam Roller (5-Speed)
If you’re looking for a more cost-effective option, FITINDEX is the clear winner. As vibrating foam rollers go, it hits the mark on price, levels of intensity, and quality.
FITINDEX boasts three unique wave-patterned designs for different massage sensations and stimulations, best used to target specific areas that need support.
With 5 powerful speeds designed for light soreness and deep tissue massage, this vibrating foam roller packs a punch and has something for everyone.
- Made from high-density, textured EVA foam to relieve soreness
- Shuts off after ten minutes to conserve battery life
- It weighs 3 pounds and is a great option for the gym or travel
- Made from eco-friendly materials
- Firmness may be uncomfortable for some users
- Size isn’t ideal for users with larger backs and broad shoulders
4. Hyperice – Vyper Vibrating Foam Roller
The Hyperice Vyper vibrating foam roller offers three levels of vibration, with the Level 1 setting ideal for beginners, all the way up to its powerful Level 3 that rolls out muscle knots and tightness with ease.
Designed for runners, bodybuilders, and athletes of any caliber, the Vyper 2.0 delivers a deep release of muscle soreness, improves pliability, and helps you recover faster.
More gym days and intense lift sessions are in your future!
Hyperice is a popular brand used by NFL and NBA players, so you can buy it knowing you’re in good company.
- Smooth grooves and ridges for a more comfortable experience
- Eco-friendly German engineered materials
- Cordless and rechargeable battery
- It weighs 3 pounds and is 11 inches long
- One of the more expensive electric foam rollers available
- The intensity of vibrations make it louder than other foam rollers
- Battery life lasts up to 2 hours
3. Nextrino – Vibrating Foam Roller
The Nextrino Vibrating Foam Roller offers 3 speeds of vibration technology for those seeking relief from sore muscles after an intense workout.
Its surface is extra firm, made from high-density EVA foam. This electric foam roller weighs 4 pounds and is 16 inches long, making it a larger option and great for larger and heavier users.
Low, medium, and high vibrating settings allow you to apply pressure to sore muscles and joints to relieve pain quickly and recover faster.
Use the low and medium settings for your calves and back, and turn up the intensity to focus on your quads and glutes for the maximum relief your body is craving after a burnout.
- Removable carry handle for easy transport
- Sweatproof and easy to clean
- Great quality for the price
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- The larger size makes it difficult to travel with
- Surface density can be too intense
- Common issues with motor and battery life
- Expensive option
- Users report the firmness is overwhelming
- Smaller users may not be able to use it effectively
2. Epitomie Fitness – VIBRA Vibrating Foam Roller
Relax and repair your sore muscles with Epitomie’s vibrating foam roller.
Its 4 intensity settings reverberate through soreness after an intense workout, and its pulsating setting curbs tension.
This electric foam roller is capable of up to 3600 RPM, making it the most intense vibrating foam roller on the market. Your sore muscles will thank you for buying this one!
Its surface density and grid pattern was thoughtfully designed for trigger point therapy and to support faster healing.
- 4 intensity settings for optimum muscle recovery
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to 4 hours
- LED control panel for setting control and battery life
- Honeycomb grid design helps decrease recovery time
- The carrying case and instruction program included
- Firmness and intensity is not optimal for beginners
- Grid design could be too wide and soft for some users to achieve maximum relief
- Some users report the overall size is too small for targeting specific areas
- Expensive option
1. FITINDEX – Electric Foam Roller (4-Speed)
In our humble opinion, the FITINDEX Electric Foam Roller is the best vibrating foam roller on the market. For price, quality, and design, this is a step above the rest!
This foam roller does it all — from deep tissue massages, trigger therapy, a light cool down post-workout, or on rest days where you need to burn out some lactic acid buildup.
4-speed vibration modes (light, medium, auto, and high) so you can choose your desired intensity based on what’s comfortable for muscles after a workout.
15 inches of high-quality foam support your neck, back, arms, calves, and thighs through high-intensity therapeutic vibrations.
- Durable, made from high-quality materials
- An affordable price point for all users
- Battery life lasts up to 3 hours
- Automatic shut off after ten minutes
- Weighs 2 pounds
- 15” long makes it a difficult option for the gym or travel
- Some users report the intensity settings aren’t strong enough
FAQs About Vibrating Foam Rollers
Here are our answers to the most frequently asked questions about vibrating foam rollers:
Q: What does a vibrating foam roller do?
Vibrating foam rollers are used before and after workouts to warm up muscles, soften the muscle tissue after a workout, and massage certain body parts.
For years, sports medicine professionals have used vibration as therapy for athletes with sore muscles.
The idea comes from the theory that vibration increases circulation and can reduce pain.
Regardless of the pain point or area you want to target, a vibrating foam roller sends intense vibrations through your body into your muscles, helping blood flow and healing.
Q: Does a vibrating foam roller make a difference?
Even the best vibrating foam rollers won’t heal a serious injury sustained during a workout or other physical activity.
However, muscle soreness and tightness can definitely benefit from using a vibrating foam roller as a part of your fitness regime and recovery.
Similar to a sports massage, vibrating foam rollers loosen the tension in muscles and improve range of motion in the process.
This is why many companies compare their electric foam rollers to deep tissue or sports massages. The intensity and structure yield the same results — flexibility and pain relief.
If you feel like the stretches you do post-workout aren’t adequate enough to release the tension in your muscles, the answer is YES – a vibrating foam roller will make all the difference in your recovery!
Q: Are vibrating foam rollers safe?
Like any other device or instrument, vibrating foam rollers should be used as recommended by the manufacturer.
As far as research goes, there doesn’t seem to be any harm or negative outcome in using a vibrating foam roller.
However, there are some areas of the body where foam rolling should not occur. These include over bony parts of the body, over organs, or too close to any wounds or burns on the skin.
As long as you are using the vibrating foam roller as recommended, they are safe and beneficial for your body.
If you aren’t sure how to use it correctly or how to target specific areas, YouTube is your best friend.
Q: What is the benefit of a vibrating foam roller?
Vibrating foam rollers have an impressive resume when it comes to providing relief for virtually anyone with sore muscles.
They can ease muscle soreness and help range of motion.
They can reduce knots and tension post-workout.
Vibrating foam rollers stimulate blood flow and alert your muscles that it’s time to work out.
They can prevent injury by working out soreness and preventing further damage.
The benefits of vibrating foam rollers speak volumes in the sheer number of athletes, physicians, physical therapists, and personal trainers who use and recommend them.
Q: Does foam rolling break up fascia?
Fascia is a connective tissue component in the body that surrounds muscles, organs, and blood vessels.
When it’s healthy, fascia helps our bodies be the flexible, comfortable, and healthy place we want.
When it’s unhealthy, fascia can appear in the form of stiffness and soreness. Stretching will be uncomfortable or even painful, which usually means it’s necessary.
Foam rolling can help relieve tension in your body and release the fascia to provide relief and allow you to continue with your usual activities.
When foam rolling, if you come across an area that feels tight or sensitive, focus there for 60 seconds. Go slowly and listen to your body. It will tell you what it needs.
Q: Is it OK to foam roll every day?
Daily foam rolling not only increases your flexibility, recovery, and circulation, but it can also improve your pain threshold.
Consistent foam rolling is safe and highly recommended by professionals.
Athletes in sports like running, cycling, and swimming, where many movements are repetitive, and muscles are overused, implement daily foam rolling to take pressure off those muscles and joints to reduce the risk of injury.
Q: What is the best vibrating foam roller?
Like most products in the fitness world, personal opinion matters.
There’s a lot to consider when purchasing a vibrating foam roller, especially because there are so many options on the market.
After much deliberation and research, we’ve determined the FITINDEX Electric Foam Roller (4 Speed) is the cream of the crop.
Q: How To Choose / Which To Choose?
When shopping around for vibrating foam rollers, make sure you focus on why you need one.
Product reviews can be really helpful, but remember that everyone has a different need for a foam roller. Don’t let a stranger influence your decision too much.
When researching, try to focus on the following:
The areas where you plan to use a vibrating foam roller will impact the one you buy.
There are extra-long versions for larger bodies that want to focus on bigger areas and shorter options for extra targeted focus, like a glute or calf.
Do you plan to only use your electric foam roller at home? Will you be bringing it with you to the gym? Do you travel and want to pack it in your bag?
These answers will also influence the one you purchase. Some are large and bulky; others come with travel bags or handles that allow for easy portability.
If cost isn’t an issue for you, you’ll have no trouble finding a fantastic vibrating foam roller to satisfy your muscles and your recovery.
If you need to budget this purchase, luckily, there is a wide range of options for this particular product.
Competitive pricing for a vibrating foam roller starts around $50, which you can find and still get an excellent quality item.
You’ve done all the research, and you finally choose the vibrating foam roller that’s right for you (or so you think).
Make sure you know the manufacturer’s warranty on the one you buy, in case it stops working or is faulty when you receive it.
If your gym, personal trainer, or friend has a vibrating foam roller, ask them to borrow it for a few days so you can test it out.
Determine what you like and what features it’s missing, and that’s your starting point.
When shopping for the best vibrating foam roller, keep your personal fitness goals and needs in mind. What works for professional athletes may not work for you.
This list has something for everyone, and any of these electric foam rollers will help to relieve tension, alleviate sore muscles, and help you recover quicker.
There are a lot of vibrating foam rollers to choose from, but we think we covered the top 10 in this list.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best vibrating foam rollers:
- FITINDEX – Electric Foam Roller (4-Speed)
- Epitomie Fitness – VIBRA Vibrating Foam Roller
- Nextrino – Vibrating Foam Roller
- Hyperice – Vyper Vibrating Foam Roller
- FITINDEX – Vibrating Foam Roller (5-Speed)
- Trigger Point Performance – Vibrating Foam Roller
- Vulken – Vibrating Foam Roller
- URBNFit – Vibrating Foam Roller
- Vulken – Vibrating Foam Roller
- Theragun – Wave Roller