Dave Bautista is a former bodybuilder, professional wrestler, and mixed martial artist who has turned into an actor starring in several Hollywood blockbusters including Riddick, The Man with the Iron Fists, Spectre, Guardians of the Galaxy, and L.A. Slasher.
Within this article, we will show you guys how you can get a ripped body just like Bautista. Here is a glimpse at Bautista’s complete workout plan and diet.
Height: 1.96 m (6 feet 5 inches)
Weight: 278 lbs (126 kg)
Age: 50 years old
Birthday: 18th of January, 1969
Birthplace: Washington D.C
Accolades: Detroit Film Critics Society Winner 2014
When Dave Batista was an active bodybuilder, he focused on achieving hypertrophy.
Upon signing to WWE, his training program emphasized on developing athleticism since success in professional wrestling demands not just strength but stamina, agility, and quick movement.
Dave Bautista’s Workout Routine
Bautista reduced some of his lifting exercises to avoid injury. His workout routine nowadays is divided into 3 days while his weight training is fast and intense with a high number of repetitions.
He does not overdo his workouts, and he avoids using heavy weights in the gym. This gives his body enough time to recover. If it is necessary, he does specific cardio workouts for 20 minutes.
Here is Dave Bautista’s workout routine:
Monday: Calves and thighs
Within this routine, Dave performs 5 exercises, but for a total 3-4 sets and 10-15 reps.
Here’s Dave Bautista’s calves and thighs routine:
1. Seated and Standing Calf Raises (3-4 sets, 10-15 reps)
2. Seated, Standing, and Lying Leg Curls (3-4 sets, 10-15 reps)
3. Hack Squats (2-3 sets, 10-15 reps)
4. Leg Extensions (3-4 sets, 10-15 reps)
5. Leg Presses (2-3 sets, 10-15 reps)
On Tuesday, Dave rests.
Wednesday: Back and shoulders
On Tuesday, Bautista targets his back and shoulders. There are 6 different exercises within Dave’s back and shoulders routine.
Here’s is Dave Bautista’s back and shoulders routine:
1. Front and Rear Pull-downs with (3-4 sets, 10-15 reps)
2. Seated Cable Rows (2-3 sets, 10-15 reps)
3. Lateral Raises (3-4 sets, 10-15 reps)
4. Barbell Behind-the-Neck-Press (2-3 sets, 10-15 reps)
5. Bent Laterals (2-3 sets, 10-15 reps)
6. Dumbbell Shrugs (3-4 sets, 10-15 reps)
On Thursday, it’s time for him to rest again.
Friday: Chest and arms
On Friday, Dave hits his chest and arms routine for 10 exercises. Each exercise is performed for 2-4 sets and 10-15 reps.
Here’s Dave Bautista’s chest and arms routine:
1. Incline Bench Press (3-4 sets, 10-15 reps)
2. Dumbbell Bench Press (2 sets, 10-15 reps)
3. Cable Crossovers (2 sets, 10-15 reps)
4. Dumbbell Curls (3-4 sets, 10-15 reps)
5. Preacher Curls (2 sets, 10-15 reps)
6. Triceps Presses (3-4 sets, 10-15 reps)
7. Triceps Extensions (2 sets, 10-15 reps)
8. Normal and Reverse Wrist Curls (3-4 sets, 10-15 reps)
9. Hanging Leg Raises (3-4 sets, 10-15 reps)
10. Crunches (2 sets, 10-15 reps)
Saturday and Sunday: Rest
Saturday & Sunday is two rest days.
Dave Bautista’s Diet
The former WWE champion has a low-fat diet consisting of large amounts of protein.
He does not feel anxious about consuming a little extra carbohydrates or calories since he follows a strict and intense training regimen. Besides having natural carbohydrates including potatoes, Batista consumes a protein supplement called Isobolic.
Here is Dave Bautista’s diet:
- Egg whites
- Protein Shake
- Whey Protein
- Green peas
- Baked Potato
- Grilled Chicken
- Brown Rice
- Cottage Cheese
- Tuna Salad
- Protein Shake
Dave Bautista uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
- Protein Shake
Dave Bautista has been regarded as one of the greatest wrestlers with the most amazing physique in professional wrestling ever. The 4-time World Heavyweight Champion and 2-time WWE Champion follow an intense workout schedule to maintain his ripped physique.