What is Dwayne Johnson’s workout routine?
Dwayne Johnson, better known as “The Rock”, is an actor, former college football player and former WWE wrestler. He’s made a career through his strength and muscular body.
He first became known as “The Rock” when he was a WWF in 1996, and it stuck with him ever since. After he left wrestling he became involved in movies, and is now seen in major motion pictures every year.
Because Dwayne is so well known for his body, he is followed by a lot of people who want to achieve the same results.
He weighs around 260 pounds and has large muscles that are easy to see in and out of clothing! He even does some modeling, and has appeared on the covers of many different magazines.
Dwayne focuses on building muscle so that he can keep his body fat as low as possible.
This means he puts in a lot of work at the gym doing weight lifting around three days per week. He also has one day where he lets his body rest, which means not participating in weight lifting.
As for the other three days, he spends those doing cardio so he can burn calories and keep his weight down. The workout for “The Rock” is different each day of the week so the he exercises each part of the body without overworking each area.
Since Dwayne has a lot of acting and modeling jobs, he stays in good condition all throughout the year. Working out is a passion, and it should be for anyone who wants to have a body like his.
The number of reps he does may be different from what you can do at first, but with time you should be able to do more. He also makes sure he warms up before working out and cools down afterward as well, which protects his body from injury.
Recommended Supplement Stack
Dwayne Johnson’s Workout Routine
Without further ado, here is The Rock’s workout routine, and his diet principles:
On Monday, The Rock hits a shoulder focused routine, consisting of 6 exercises.
Here is Dwayne Johnson’s shoulder workout routine:
1. Seated military press machine (3 sets, 12 reps)
2. Dumbbell lateral raise (3 sets, 8 reps)
3. Dumbbell front raise (3 sets, 8 reps)
4. Rear delt cable raise (5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
5. Hammer strength shrug (5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
6. Four way neck machine (4 sets, 12 reps)
On Tuesday, The Rock hits a back focused routine, consisting of 4 exercises.
Here is Dwayne Johnson’s back workout routine:
1. Wide grip lat pull down (5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
2. Close grip lat pull down (5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
3. One arm seated row machine (4 sets, 12 reps)
4. Back extension (4 sets, 15, 15, 12, 12 reps)
On Wednesday, The Rock hits a legs focused routine, consisting of 4 exercises.
Here is Dwayne Johnson’s legs workout routine:
1. Leg press (4 sets, 25, 20, 18, 16 reps)
2. Smith machine lunge (4 sets, 8 reps)
3. Lying leg curl (4 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps)
4. Standing calf raise (6 sets, 16 reps)
On Thursday, The Rock hits an arms focused routine, consisting of 5 exercises.
Here is Dwayne Johnson’s arms workout routine:
1. Alternating dumbbell curl (5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
2. Preacher machine curl (6 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 21, 21 reps)
3. Cable tricep extension (5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 20 reps)
4. Overhead cable extension (4 sets, 12, 10, 8, 20 reps)
5. One arm reverse grip tricep extension (2 sets, 15 reps)
On Friday, The Rock hits a chest focused routine, consisting of 4 exercises.
Here is Dwayne Johnson’s chest workout routine:
1. Incline dumbbell press (5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
2. Dumbbell bench press (5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
3. Cable crossover (4 sets, 12 reps)
4. Push ups (4 sets, 15 reps)
The Rock’s Diet Principles
The diet that Dwayne Johnson enjoys on a regular basis is simple and clean. He focuses in a lot of protein to help build his muscle, but he also eats complex carbohydrates that give him energy.
He eats an average of seven small meals per day, but sometimes it might be more than that.
Each of the meals he eats are nutritionally balanced with complex carbohydrates (i.e., rice or potatoes), protein (i.e., fish or chicken) and some type of vegetable, like broccoli or spinach. If you go on the diet that he does, then don’t expect to eat any junk or processed foods.
Dwayne believes that his diet should be clean and nutritional so that his body thrives from it.
In addition to eating whole foods, when you eat like Dwayne you’ll find that supplements are necessary as well.
For example, omega-3 fish oils are recommended and he takes them regularly. Casein protein is also going to become a part of your diet if you want to get in more protein without having to eat a ton of meat or fish all day long.
He’s gotten his body through natural food and hard work, and you can too if you’re dedicated.
The Rock began his career as an athlete before moving into the acting business. He’s been a football player, a professional wrestler, and now he’s one of the most loved actors.
Throughout all of this, he’s kept his body in ridiculous shape, and a lot of people look up to him because of it.
If you enjoyed this routine, check out our other wrestler workout routines:
- Roman Reigns Workout Routine
- Dave Bautista Workout Routine
- Triple H Workout Routine
- Randy Orton Workout Routine
- Seth Rollins Workout Routine