What does Alexis Ren’s workout routine look like?
Alexis Ren is an American fitness model, ballet dancer, entrepreneur, and social media influencer with accolades including Sports Illustrated Rookie Model of 2018. She was also a finalist on Dancing with the Stars.
In this article, we’ll be sharing Alex Ren’s fitness routine and diet plan. While we did thorough research on her diet and workouts, this is not her exact routine.
It’s a compilation of information from industry experts, Ren’s social commentary, and content from her social media profiles.
- Height: 5’8″
- Weight: 115 Pounds
- Age: 26 Years Old
- Birthday: November 23, 1996
- Accolades: Sports Illustrated Rookie Model of 2018, Dancing With the Stars Finalist
Along with her busy lifestyle keeping her active, Alexis works out at least five days a week.
On her official Instagram account, Alexis shares workout tips with her followers and gives a sneak peek at what she does in the gym.
Ren moves as much as possible on a daily basis because she believes activity mixed with a clean diet is the secret to overall health and well being.
Alexis Ren’s Workout Routine
Alexis Ren performs strength training workouts paired with cardio, yoga, and stretching during the week to achieve her fitness goals and to stay competitive in the modeling world.
In her workout videos, you’ll see her lifting heavy weights, working with resistance bands, taking boxing classes, doing yoga, and hiking outdoors.
Ren believes variety is the way to maintain a healthy relationship with exercise, and tries to change up her workouts on a daily basis.
Here is the infamous Alexis Ren workout routine:
Monday – Abs
The Alexis Ren workout includes her infamous ab workout—on her official YouTube account, it is one of her most-watched videos.
This is Alexis Ren’s 10-minute ab workout routine:
- Sit-ups (30 seconds)
- Knee touch crunches (30 seconds)
- Heel touches (30 seconds)
- Bicycle crunches (30 seconds)
- Russian twists (30 seconds)
- Plank (30 seconds)
- Reach-through crunches (30 seconds)
- Toe tap leg lifts (30 seconds)
- Flutter kicks (30 seconds)
- Scissor kicks (30 seconds)
- Leg lifts (30 seconds)
- Alternating toe crunch (30 seconds)
- Crunch kicks (30 seconds)
- Mountain climbers (30 seconds)
- Plank (30 seconds)
- Right side plank (30 seconds)
- Left side plank (30 seconds)
- Plank twists (30 seconds)
- Spider climbers (30 seconds)
Tuesday – Glutes & Lower Body
On Tuesday, Alexis Ren puts in some hard work by exercising her glutes and legs to maintain her killer physique.
- Squats (rep for 30 seconds)
- Alternate lateral squat (rep for 30 seconds)
- Bowler squat (rep for 30 seconds)
- Rear lunge pulse (rep for 30 seconds)
- Squat pulse (rep for 30 seconds)
- Rainbow leg arcs (rep for 30 seconds)
- Hydrant pose (hold for 20 seconds)
- Press the sky (hold for 20 seconds)
- Bridge pose (hold for 20 seconds)
Wednesday – Full Body Strength Training
On Wednesday, Alexis Ren performs a full-body weight training workout that is designed for her body type.
She trains her legs, back, glutes, and entire upper body in this strength training exercise.
- Squats (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Leg press (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Leg extension (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Elevated split squat (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Dumbbell row (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Lat pulldown (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Glute bridge (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Goblet squat (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Dumbbell curl (3 sets, 15 reps)
- EZ bar curl (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Push up (3 sets, 12 reps)
Thursday – Rest
Alexis Ren takes a rest day on Thursday to give her body a break.
Friday – Outdoor Hike & Pilates
To mix up her exercise routine and keep things interesting, Alexis Ren spends Friday away from the gym by going for a hike outdoors.
Ren’s cardio routines are designed to get her heart rate up and her metabolism working and to help her achieve any weight loss goals.
She may also attend a Pilates class to lengthen and strengthen her muscles and get a healthy stretch before the weekend.
Saturday – Upper Body Weight Training
The Alexis Ren workout routine includes an upper body burner. Many of these exercises can be completed from a seated position to improve form and build strength.
- Incline push ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Dumbbell chest press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Bicep curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Tricep extension (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Tricep kickback (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Bent over row (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Lateral raise (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Front raise (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Overhead shoulder press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Push ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
Sunday – Hot Yoga
To give her body a rest from cardio and weight training, Alexis Ren performs a hot yoga exercise on Sunday.
The health benefits of hot yoga include improving body strength, balance, posture, and range of motion.
Alexis Ren’s Diet
The pressure from Alexis’ modeling career to look a certain way and follow a restrictive diet was damaging to her body and her mind.
Fortunately, Alexis got help with her eating disorder. Since then, she’s worked hard to develop a healthy relationship with food and follows a nourishing diet plan to fuel her exercise routine.
Ren counts calories but doesn’t let it control what she eats on a daily basis. You’ll nearly always see her eating fruit with meals and she aims to drink at least a gallon of water each day.
Alexis Ren avoids fast food, red meat, and limits her sodium and sugar intake for health reasons.
For a cheat meal, Ren eats chocolate and anything else she’s craving. She doesn’t eat bread, but loves carbs in other forms.
Here is the Alexis Ren diet plan:
- Scrambled eggs
- Protein shake with vegan protein powder
- Gluten-free pancakes with organic almond butter and honey
- Veggie burgers
- Fresh fruit
- Kale and chicken salad
3. Afternoon Snack
- Organic banana ice cream with almond milk
- Kale chips
- Trail mix
- Veggie burgers
- Organic avocado
- Mixed fruits, including mango, papaya, pineapple, and strawberries
5. Late Night Snack
- Trail mix
- Berry smoothie with vegan protein powder, almond milk, and amino acids
Along with eating a balanced diet and her intense workout routines, Alexis Ren also takes a few supplements.
These keep her focused in the gym, boost her energy throughout the day, and keep her immune system strong.
Alexis Ren wasn’t always the picture of perfect health; she’s had her own struggles along the way and has overcome many difficult challenges.
While most models don’t share their exercise routine or struggles with their diet, Ren is open about her fitness journey and her past issues with body image.
She hopes to inspire young girls to eat healthy, find exercises they enjoy that cater to their body type, and to be kind to themselves.