Which are the best vegan protein powders to buy?
Looking to boost your protein intake as a vegan? We got you!
With veganism on the rise, it’s no surprise that vegan protein powders have started popping up all over the place.
So, to make life easy for you, we’ve created a list of the best vegan protein powders, so all you have to do is choose your favorite, follow its recommended serving guidelines, and start making those vegan gains!
Here’s a list of the 15 best vegan protein powders.
“Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain our own.”
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
The 15 Best Vegan Protein Powders
The list of vegan protein powders and figures mentioned below has been compiled from various sources around the web.
These are the 15 best vegan protein powders:
15. Tone It Up – Organic Plant Based Protein
- RICH AND SMOOTH FLAVOR: The velvety smooth vanilla...
- FUEL YOUR HEALTHY LIFESTYLE: Each scoop of our plant...
- WHIP IT UP: Blend this protein powder into a delicious...
The organic plant-based protein powder from Tone It Up is made from a blend of pumpkin seed protein and pea protein isolate.
Designed for women by women, the vegan protein powder is sugar-free, gluten-free, non-GMO, and Kosher, making it an ideal supplement for vegan athletes looking to support muscle growth and recovery.
Inside each 322g tub, you’ll get approximately 14 servings, each containing 15g of protein, 3g of carbohydrates, and 3g of fat.
14. Sunwarrior – Warrior Blend
- Warrior blend nutritional supplements brings you the...
- Contains electrolytes to keep your body fit and...
- This completely raw organic pea protein powder is...
Warrior Blend organic protein powder from Sunwarrior is free from soy, dairy, GMOs, sugar, and gluten.
It’s certified organic and vegan and offers approximately 18g of protein per serving/scoop.
Warrior Blend is made from a proprietary blend of proteins, including pea, raw cranberry, and raw organic hemp seed protein.
Sunwarrior recommends mixing one scoop of Warrior Blend with 8-10oz of water, almond milk, coconut milk, or your favorite beverage for best results.
13. Aloha – Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Includes 1 (1 pound 2.5 ounces) vanilla organic keto...
- 18G organic plant-based protein (Pea Protein, Brown...
- Gluten-free, Soy-free, Vegan, Paleo and Keto Friendly,...
Aloha has made an organic plant-based protein powder formulated with twelve real ingredients and includes a complete amino acid profile, probiotics, and electrolytes.
Each 1lb tin contains 15 servings, which equate to approximately two scoops per serving.
In each serving, you’ll receive 18g of protein, 12g of carbohydrates, and 3g of fat.
The vegan protein powder is non-GMO, free from gluten, dairy, and soy, and comes in a 100% recyclable, resealable tin.
12. Vegansmart – Plant-Based Protein Powder
- VEGANSMART PLANT BASED PROTEIN POWDER: 20g of non-GMO...
- MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKE: Delicious, all-in-one shake,...
- WHOLE FOOD COMPLEX: Nine different fruits and...
Vegansmarts all-in-one protein powder contains five different non-GMO plant-based proteins, which provide all the essential amino acids the body needs to build a repair muscle.
Each 1.4lb tub will provide you with approximately 15 servings if you go by their recommended serving size of two scoops.
From each of those scoops, you’ll get roughly 20g of protein, 14g of carbohydrates, and 5g of fat.
Vegansmart can be used as a meal replacement shake and contains 23 vitamins and minerals to keep your body in optimal condition.
11. NAKED Nutrition – Naked Pea
- ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: 100% Yellow Pea Protein with zero...
- VEGETARIAN AND VEGAN PROTEIN POWDER: Dairy Free and...
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 27g of Protein, 2g of Sugar, 2g of...
The next best vegan protein powder is from NAKED Nutrition.
Their pea protein supplement is made from three ingredients: yellow pea protein, organic raw cocoa, and organic coconut sugar, and is 100% free from artificial sweeteners, flavors, additives, soy, and gluten.
A 5lb tub will supply approximately 76 servings, based on a recommended two-scoop serving size.
From that serving, you’ll receive 27g of protein, 2g of carbohydrates, and 0.5g fat, plus a whole host of amino acids.
10. Purely Inspired – Organic Protein
Purely Inspired organic protein is a vegan-friendly plant-based protein powder, free from gluten, soy, and dairy.
A 1.50lb tub will give you roughly 17 servings, provided you stick with the recommended serving size of 2 scoops.
Each serving will deliver approximately 20g of protein, 11g of carbohydrates, and 4g of fat.
It’s naturally sweetened and does not contain any artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
Purely Inspired recommends mixing one serving (2 scoops) with 10oz of water or your preferred beverage and consuming in the morning, between meals, or before and after exercise.
9. NOW Sports – Pea Protein
- Same trusted quality with a brand new look. Packaging...
- PURE, UNFLAVORED PEA PROTEIN POWDER: NOW Sports Pea...
- The Informed-Sport seal is your assurance that each and...
NOW Sports vegan protein supplement is a non-GMO isolate that offers 24g of easily-digested pea protein powder.
A 7lb tub will provide you with approximately 96 servings, assuming you stick to the recommended serving size of one scoop.
Each scoop gives you 24g of protein, 1g of carbohydrates, and 2g of fat, as well as 4,200mg of branch-chain amino acids and 2,000mg of arginine.
NOW Sports recommends mixing one level scoop of protein powder with 8oz of water for best results.
8. Vega Sport – Premium Protein Powder
- 30 Grams of plant based protein powder with 5 gram BCAA...
- Support recovery post workout with ingredients like...
- Made for athletes - NSF Certified for Sport, Non-GMO...
Vega sport premium protein powder offers one of the highest amounts of protein per serving of any vegan protein powder on the list.
Each serving, equivalent to one scoop, gives you 30g of protein, 6g of carbohydrates, and 3g of fat.
Provided you stick to the recommended serving size, you’ll get 20 servings from a 1lb tub.
Sport Premium protein power is free from gluten, dairy, artificial sweeteners, flavors & colors, and soy.
To get the most bang for your buck, Vega recommends mixing one level scoop of sports premium protein powder with 1.5 cups of your favorite beverage post-workout to help maximize recovery and build muscle.
7. KOS – Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Amazing Flavor: Infused with organic Peruvian cacao,...
- Weight Management: Great protein powder for weight...
- Complete Protein: Our USDA Organic vegan protein powder...
The organic plant-based protein powder from KOS consists of a blend of five different proteins and uses all-natural ingredients.
Inside each 2.7lb tub, you’ll find 30 servings of a non-GMO pea, flaxseed, quinoa, pumpkin seed, and chia seed protein, of which all are gluten, soy, and dairy-free.
Each serving is loaded with 20g of protein, and KOS recommends mixing two scoops with 8-12oz of cold water for a delicious plant-based protein shake.
6. Nutiva – Organic Hemp Protein Powder
- Rich in plant protein, fiber, magnesium, iron, zinc,...
- Made from raw hemp seed and gently cold-pressed without...
- Delicious light nutty flavor easily blends into...
Nutivas organic hemp protein powder is a clean plant-based protein supplement high in Omega 3 and antioxidants.
A 3lb bag provides you with approximately 45 servings, which works out to be around three heaped tablespoons per serving.
In terms of protein, you’ll get about 11g per serving and 12g of carbohydrates, and 3g of fat.
It’s made from 100% raw organic hemp protein powder and is suitable for vegans, vegetarians, paleo, and gluten-free diets.
5. PlantFusion – Complete Plant-Based Pea Protein
- NO CHEAP FILLERS! – Certified Non-GMO, Gluten Free...
- SUSTAINS ENERGY – Our naturally flavored vanilla...
- BUILDS & REPAIRS MUSCLE – Amino acid infused protein...
PlantFusion makes the fourth-best vegan protein powder.
Their complete plant-based pea protein supplement is non-GMO, vegan, and free from gluten, soy, and dairy.
You’ll get 30 servings from a 2lb tub, and each serving contains approximately 21g of protein, 2g of carbohydrates, and 3g of fat.
The protein powder is naturally flavored and infused with several amino acids to provide a balanced, digestive-friendly vegan protein powder.
4. Garden of Life – Raw Organic Protein Powder
Garden of Lifes raw organic protein powder is certified vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free.
A 1lb tub contains approximately 20 servings/scoops, each providing you with 22g of protein, 2g of carbohydrates, and 2.5g of fat.
You’ll also get 3 billion CFU probiotics and enzymes that help aid digestion and fat-soluble RAW food, created vitamins A, D, E, & K.
Garden of Life recommends consuming their organic vegan protein shake post-workout to help kick start the recovery process.
3. Optimum Nutrition – Gold Standard 100% Plant
- Vitamin C Provides Immune Support
- Complete Amino Acid Profile to support muscle recovery
- 24 grams of complete, organic, plant based protein...
Optimum Nutrition’s USDA organic and non-GMO vegan protein powder is made from a blend of plant proteins.
One serving/scoop provides your body with 24g of protein, 7g of carbohydrates, and 3g of fat.
You’ll receive around 19 servings per tub, and it’s completely free from artificial colors, sweeteners, and gluten.
It also contains a complete amino acid profile and vitamin c, which help maintain a healthy immune system and support muscle recovery.
2. Orgain – Organic Protein
- New look and label, same great product! Includes 1...
- 21 grams of organic plant based protein (pea, brown...
- USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose...
Organic protein from Orgain provides you with 21g of organic plant-based protein, 15g of carbohydrates, and 4g of fat per serving.
Each 2.03lb tub gives you approximately 20 servings of USDA organic gluten, dairy, and soy-free protein powder.
Ingredients include organic pea protein, organic brown rice protein, organic chia seeds, and several natural flavors.
Orgain recommends blending two scoops of organic protein powder with 12oz of almond milk, one tablespoon of almond butter, and a frozen banana to create a well-balanced vegan protein shake.
1. Transparent Labs Organic Vegan
Organic Vegan by Transparent labs is a vegan protein powder supplement that uses pea and rice protein.
Non-GMO, gluten-free, and no artificial sweeteners, colorings, or additives. Organic Vegan is also USDA Organic Certified, so you know that it’s the real deal and not just marketing.
A single serving of Organic Vegan contains 24g of protein, 2.5g of fats, and 2g of sugar. 24g is a great protein content for a vegan protein powder.
A tub of Organic Vegan contains 30 servings and is available in both French Vanilla and Chocolate flavors.
You can see the full breakdown of the product and purchase it on the official Transparent Labs website.
They also offer small discounts for multiple tub purchases.
We hope you enjoyed our list of the 15 best vegan protein powders.
They’re all great, to be honest, but we’re big fans of Orgain’s organic protein as it tastes great, mixes well, and doesn’t cause any digestive issues, which can’t be said for a lot of vegan protein powders.
Here’s a quick recap of the 15 best vegan protein powders:
- Transparent Labs – Organic Vegan
- Orgain – Organic Protein
- Optimum Nutrition – Gold Standard 100% Plant
- Garden of Life – Raw Organic Protein Powder
- Plant Fusion – Complete Plant-Based Pea Protein
- Nutiva – Organic Hemp Protein Powder
- KOS – Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Vega – Sport Premium Protein Powder
- NOW Sports – Pea Protein
- Purely Inspired – Organic Protein
- NAKED Nutrition – Naked Pea
- Vegansmart – Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Aloha – Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Sunwarrior – Warrior Blend
- Tone It Up – Plant-Based Protein Powder