What are the best probiotic supplements?
Probiotic supplements are well-known for their healing properties, including alleviating symptoms associated with chronic illness, boosting immunity, and supporting our overall digestive health.
The health benefits of probiotics are impressive, so it’s no wonder you’re looking to add one to your supplement regimen!
You may be considering a probiotic supplement because they are one of the most popular dietary supplements on the market.
Maybe you’ve heard about all the health benefits they can provide and want to know more.
We applaud you for taking your health into your own hands!
This post has the scoop on the best probiotic supplements money can buy.
The Best Probiotics Supplements
Our supplement lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best probiotic supplements:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Align – Probiotics
Align offers a daily probiotic capsule supplement that works in line with your body to support a healthy digestive system.
Our bodies need healthy bacteria to regulate and maintain digestive balance. Align’s patented probiotic strains were developed by gastroenterologists and are backed by over 15 years of research.
Their unique strain is designed to help reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Contains 5 billion live bacteria to support immune health
- Contains probiotic strains, including Bifidobacterium 35624, known to work naturally to supplement the digestive system with good bacteria
- One capsule of Align Probiotics contains 5 times more active cultures than the standard Align capsule
- Gluten-free, soy-free, vegetarian, vegan
- Does contain lactose
9. NOW Foods – Probiotic-10
Quality probiotics and digestive enzymes are the most beneficial way to total digestive health and function.
NOW Foods Probiotic supplement will help utilize nutrients to maintain digestive balance and gastrointestinal health to maximize your wellness.
Achieving digestive balance can be done through a healthy diet and a high-quality supplement like NOW Foods.
- Contains a blend of 10 probiotic strains for a balanced spectrum of live organisms in the digestive tract
- Delivers a potency of at least 25 billion CFUs (colony forming units)
- Strains have been clinically validated as beneficial for immune system function
- 100 servings per container
- Soy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, egg-free
- Support the intestinal lining, proper intestinal motility, and assist with the body’s detoxification process
- NPA A-rated GMP certification and packaged in the USA
- Expensive price point
8. Bio-Kult – Probiotics
Bio-Kult’s original probiotic supplement is essential in maintaining gut health; it contains 14 probiotic strains that target the digestive tract and support immune balance.
Its compact design makes it an easy supplement to toss in your bag for an on-the-go lifestyle or travel.
Bio-Kult Probiotics help with essential nutrient absorption and are one of the best probiotics to support healthy immune functions.
They promote immune health, support vaginal health for women, and can provide relief from conditions including diarrhea and urinary tract infections.
- Contains 14 probiotic strains with a minimum of 2 billion microorganisms per capsule to support digestion
- Third-party tested by UKAS-accredited labs
- Non-GMO and gluten-free
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Can be taken alongside antibiotics and other supplements
- Supports the gut microbiome toward a healthy digestive system
- Can be taken as a capsule or sprinkled on food
- Not recommended for anyone with a severe milk protein allergy
7. Culturelle – Digestive Daily Probiotic
Culturelle’s doctor-recommended probiotic supplement is designed to reduce the symptoms and side effects associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Each capsule contains a healthy serving of probiotic strains, including Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG), which has been clinically proven to boost the digestive system and support immune function.
- Affordable price point
- 30 servings per container
- Helps to restore the natural balance of good bacteria in the gut
- 10 billion CFUs of probiotic strains that help with IBS
- 200 mg of the prebiotic inulin for gut bacteria
- NSF International certified for quality and potency
- Over 7,000 5-star ratings
- Some reviewers claim this product made them feel bloated
6. NewRhythm – Probiotics
NewRhythm boasts potency, purity, and quality in their probiotic supplement, making it an easy choice for those who need a boost of immune support and digestive balance.
This product is vegan and vegetarian friendly and contains no soy, yeast, egg, wheat, corn, peanuts, or fish.
If you’re on the hunt for a probiotic that won’t irritate your stomach, NewRhythm is worth a shot.
- Contains 50 billion CFU per serving
- 60 veggie capsules per container
- Formulated with 20 human probiotic strains
- Targeted-release technology designed to help probiotics survive stomach acids and reach the intestinal tract
- The formula contains organic prebiotic fiber
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, 100% natural ingredients
- Free of artificial ingredients, fillers, binders, and preservatives
- Free of most common allergens
- Independently tested by third-party labs to ensure potency and quality
- May cause an upset stomach or gas when you start taking them
5. Nutrition Essentials – Probiotic
Boost your digestive health naturally thanks to Nutrition Essentials’ probiotic supplement, designed to support both men and women.
The proprietary strain in this supplement guarantees maximum absorption into the intestines and digestive tract.
Maintaining a healthy digestive balance and immune system health has never been more achievable than with a probiotic like Nutritional Essentials.
- Contains 900 billion CFU proprietary strain probiotics that boost the digestive enzymes, bypassing stomach acids
- Made in a GMP-certified lab in the USA
- 60 capsules per container
- Increases calcium absorption to support bone density, vitamin production, and a healthy digestive system
- Gluten-free, dairy-free
- Made without chemicals, preservatives, fillers, binders, or blenders
- Money-back guarantee
- Over 30,000 5-star ratings
- Ingredients may cause side effects in those with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
4. Physician’s Choice – 60 Billion Probiotic
For a complete probiotic supplement that contains an organic prebiotic blend, look no further than Physician’s Choice.
With 60 billion CFUs per serving, this probiotic helps to support the stomach’s digestive environment and helps achieve digestive balance.
Ideal for gut health and occasional gas and bloating relief, constipation relief, and other digestive problems.
- Formulated with 60 billion CFU beneficial bacteria per serving
- Contains 10 probiotic strains and a fermented organic prebiotic blend
- Third-party tested for purity and potency
- Acid-resistant capsule technology
- Dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free
- Over 86,000 positive reviews
- Some reviewers claim the packaging was damaged when they received their shipment
3. PurusLabs – Probiotic
If you’ve been wanting a probiotic that can aid in weight loss in addition to providing immune system support, PurusLabs checks those boxes!
Containing 50 billion live beneficial bacteria cultures, this probiotic and prebiotic blend is 10 times more potent than other probiotic supplements on the market today.
This supplement has been shown to increase metabolism in some users, aiding in fat loss and improving gut function.
- 50 billion CFUs per serving and 10 potent strains of probiotics
- 30 servings per container
- Made in the USA
- Can increase metabolism to support fat loss
- Contains both bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus acidophilus strains of bacteria
- Veggie capsules are designed to help probiotics survive stomach acid and reach the intestinal tract
- Expensive cost per serving
2. Kaged Muscle – Pro-Biotic
To boost your gut microbiome, gut health, and general health, Kaged Muscle has a first-of-its-kind performance prebiotic that will knock your socks off!
Boost your athletic performance in and out of the gym with their unique TWK10 naturally fermented probiotic strains.
TWK10 dramatically transforms the gut through targeted release technology for enhanced absorption and utilization.
With TWK10 in your system, muscle energy (ATP) production is increased, allowing for more reps, less rest, and harder workouts every time.
- Improves endurance and overall performance while reducing fatigue
- 30 billion CFUs per serving
- Targeted-release technology in each capsule to ensure good bacteria reach your intestinal tract
- Patented probiotic strains promote gut health and enhance endurance during workouts
- Must be taken three times a day with food, which may be inconvenient for some people
1. Transparent Labs – Gut Health
If you’re here for the best probiotic supplement on this list, Transparent Labs is the clear winner.
Look no further for a probiotic supplement with impressive health benefits, provides an extra gut health boost, and promotes overall immune health.
Made with clean ingredients and boasting 100 billion CFUs per serving, this probiotic supplement is engineered with 10 clinically studied strains of microbial organisms your digestive system needs to thrive.
Transparent Labs probiotic supplement promotes healthy immune function, supports bowel regularity, can improve cognitive function, and encourages healthy weight management.
This probiotic truly does it all, and that’s why it’s our #1 probiotic supplement!
- Contains specific strains of Lactobacilli, Bifidobacteria, and Streptococci for their ability to promote a healthy gut microbiome
- Regulates immune response, endocrine balance, digestive regularity, body weight, and more
- 30 servings per container
- 100 billion CFUs per serving
- No artificial sweeteners, coloring, or preservatives
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, and vegan
- We could not find a single poor review or drawback to this product… No wonder it’s a top performer!
FAQs About Probiotic Supplements
Looking for more information on the probiotic bacteria that live in your intestinal tract?
Here you’ll find more information on how probiotic supplements can improve digestive and immune health.
Q: What exactly are probiotics?
Probiotics can be defined as live microorganisms found in certain foods and that support healthy digestion in your gut.
Many fermented foods are rich in probiotic strains, including kimchi, yogurt, sauerkraut, sourdough bread, and pickles.
Q: What are the benefits of taking a probiotic?
Probiotic strains offer an impressive list of benefits for individuals who struggle with various health conditions and illnesses.
Particularly for those with digestive issues and urinary diseases, probiotics help relieve symptoms and side effects.
Probiotic supplement benefits include:
- An extra gut health boost
- Reduction in stomach acid and abdominal pain
- Can improve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and diarrhea when the Lactobacillus acidophilus strain is present
- Promoting vaginal health
- Help prevent urinary tract infections (UTIs) and overall urinary health
- Reduction in allergic reactions
- Support during weight loss and weight management
Q: How many billions of probiotics should I take?
Most dosages contain anywhere from 1 to 50 billion CFUs (colony forming units) per serving.
While there is no official dosage recommendation per day, many who take a probiotic supplement see better results if they take them regularly, regardless of CFUs per dose.
Depending on your intention for taking a probiotic, most healthy people benefit from a dosage containing 10-20 billion CFUs per serving.
For those with health issues that probiotics can help with, a higher dosage may be more beneficial for immune and digestive support.
As always, please consult your doctor before deciding to add any vitamins or supplements to your daily regimen.
Many supplements can interact with other medications, which should always be considered when researching new supplements to improve your health and daily function.
Q: Should probiotics be taken in the morning or night?
It’s highly recommended to take a probiotic supplement at night before bed, as this is the time when your gut is more inactive than during the day.
This gives the probiotic more time in your gut, allowing the probiotic strains to work their magic and heal any digestive issues.
Let that good bacteria do its job while you’re sleeping!
Q: Is it good to take probiotics every day?
Probiotic supplements are recommended and safe to consume every day, particularly at night.
The microbiome that lives in our gut needs consistent nurturing, whether that’s from the fermented foods you consume regularly or with the support of a probiotic supplement.
To support your gut flora and achieve optimal digestive and immune health, speak with your doctor about taking a daily probiotic.
As you can see, there are some fantastic options on the market for probiotic supplements. This post highlights the ten best probiotic supplements in terms of quality, potency, and purity.
These are some of the most important attributes you can use to determine which probiotic supplement is best for you and your wellness journey.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best probiotic supplements:
- Transparent Labs – Gut Health
- Kaged Muscle – Pro-Biotic
- PurusLabs – Probiotic
- Physician’s Choice – 60 Billion Probiotic
- Nutrition Essentials – Probiotic
- NewRhythm – Probiotics
- Culturelle – Digestive Daily Probiotic
- Bio-Kult – Probiotics
- NOW Foods – Probiotic-10
- Align – Probiotics