The 10 Best Echinacea Supplements
What are the best echinacea supplements?
Looking for an immune system boost? As far as natural plant extracts go, echinacea may be the answer you are looking for!
Known for its medicinal properties in supporting the body’s overall wellness and providing greater protection against respiratory infections, echinacea is a powerful supplement to have in your body on a daily basis.
In this post, we’re discussing all the top echinacea supplements money can buy and the benefits and drawbacks of each one.
With the cold season around the corner, you’re going to want all the help you can get. Get ready to boost your immune system in no time!
The Best Echinacea Supplements
Our supplement lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best echinacea supplements:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Sundown – Echinacea
Sundown has a long history of making high-quality vitamins and supplements for over 40 years, and their echinacea supplement is no exception.
Made with no artificial flavors and non-GMO, Sundown’s echinacea supplement is an affordable, high-quality option to help prevent illness and fight off the common cold.
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, dairy-free, wheat-free, lactose-free
- Third-party tested to ensure quality ingredients and that purity and safety standards are met
- 400mg whole herb echinacea capsule
- 100 count per bottle
- The capsule can be opened and prepared as a hot tea if preferred
- Over 1,200 5-star ratings
- Formulated with the least amount of common allergens
- Sundown recommends 7 pills per day, which can be a lot for some people
- May interact with other medications, including antidepressants
9. Nutricost – Echinacea
Nutricost’s echinacea supplement offers a vegetarian-friendly, non-GMO option that is third-party tested for quality and safety standards.
Made from the Echinacea purpurea herb, supporting your body through the cold season has never been easier than with Nutricost.
- 800 mg of pure echinacea plant per serving
- Vegetarian-friendly, gluten-free, non-GMO
- Fight upper respiratory tract infections with consistent usage
- Boost immune health and immune function through one clean supplement
- Some users claim this capsule leaves a bad taste in the mouth after ingesting
- Some claim the pills are too large to swallow comfortably
8. Herb Pharm – Super Echinacea
This proprietary blend of certified organic extracts of four different Echinacea purpurea plant parts is an excellent addition to your immune system support regime.
Herb Farm provides a high-quality herbal supplement in liquid form that rapidly absorbs into your body and is gluten-free and non-GMO.
Simply add this liquid plant extract to your water or hot tea without worrying about swallowing a large pill.
- Supports healthy function of your immune system, especially during the cold season
- Gluten-free and non-GMO
- Certified Organic Echinacea supplement
- Liquid plant extracts are easier to ingest and absorb much quicker
- Over 500 5-star ratings
- Droplets may be more difficult to measure than taking a capsule for dosage purposes
7. Gaia Herbs – Echinacea Supreme
Gaia Herbs offers certified organic supplements that support a healthy immune response throughout the cold season.
If you are looking to boost your immune system with organic echinacea, Gaia Herbs is the best in the game as an herbal remedy that does it all.
Give your white blood cells the power they need to fight off any illness.
- Proprietary extract blend including Echinacea purpurea herb and Echinacea angustifolia
- Liquid extract for improved absorption in the body
- Quick-dissolving liquid phyto-cap
- Vegan herbal supplement designed to boost the immune system
- Provides the full spectrum of concentrated Echinacea purpurea and angustifolia phytochemicals
- Made on a Certified Organic farm in the USA
- It does not contain gluten, soy, dairy, meat, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, yeast, or eggs
- This price point is higher than other options on this list
6. Horbäach – Echinacea Liquid Extract
Feel a sore throat coming on? Horbaach Echinacea Liquid Extract will be your new best friend.
Reduce anxiety that comes with knowing you’re getting sick by adding this echinacea liquid form to your supplement lineup.
Made without harsh solvents, this superior herbal support supplement is traditionally used for overall wellness but can be added to your medicine cabinet to support your body during the most brutal cold season.
- Super concentrated liquid drops for maximum immune support
- Made with Echinacea angustifolia and Echinacea purpurea
- Vegetarian formula, gluten-free, alcohol-free
- Made with no artificial coloring, flavoring, sweeteners, or preservatives
- The cold extraction process preserves the herb’s natural balance
- Dosage may be difficult to measure compared to capsules
5. Nature’s Way – Echinacea
If there’s one supplement and vitamin brand most people know, it’s definitely Nature’s Way.
They’ve been the choice brand for over 50 years with the goal of improving people’s health on a global scale.
Manufactured in the USA and free of the most common allergens, you couldn’t go wrong with choosing this echinacea supplement to boost your immune health and fight off any seasonal stressors.
- 1,200 mg of echinacea per serving
- Plant-derived capsule
- Non-GMO Project Verified and TRU-ID Authenticated
- Gluten-free, vegan, and made without wheat, soy, corn, dairy, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
- Some reviewers didn’t realize they’d have to take multiple pills per day to reach the 1,200mg serving
4. NOW Foods – Echinacea
For total immune system support, NOW Foods offer the cream of the crop in terms of formula and ingredients in their echinacea root supplement.
Originally used by Native Americans for medicinal purposes, NOW Echinacea utilizes the whole root of the plant to encompass all the natural components in the supplement you’re taking.
- Non-GMO, Quality GMP Assured, vegan/ vegetarian, soy-free
- Family company-owned and operated since 1968
- 800 mg per serving (2 capsules)
- The only additional ingredient is vegetable-derived stearic acid, meant to hold the capsule together
3. Nature’s Bounty – Echinacea
If you’re looking for a holistic way to boost your immune system without breaking the bank, Nature’s Bounty is the one for you.
This brand offers an affordable price without sacrificing quality or potency, so it’s no wonder they’re at the top of our list.
- Non-GMO, sugar, sodium, and gluten-free
- Made by one of the most trusted names in nutritional supplements, backed by 50 years of customer satisfaction
- Capsules provide a holistic way to support the immune system
- 400 mg per serving
- The capsule is made from gelatin
- Recommended to be taken with a meal, which may be inconvenient for some users
2. Puritan’s Pride – Echinacea
When it comes to a formula without any excess ingredients, Puritan’s Pride has got it down to a science.
That’s why they get our vote for the purest supplement on this list, and they should be high on your shopping list as well.
Take Puritan’s Pride echinacea supplement any time of year to support your body’s natural defenses and for the extra kick, your immune system needs during the inevitable cold season.
- Each capsule is made with 400mg of echinacea root extract and nothing else
- Made without: artificial flavors, color, sweetener, preservatives, sugar, starch, lactose, soy, gluten, sodium, or yeast
- Made by a trusted company with over 40 years of experience in nutritional supplements
- Over 7,000 5-star reviews
- Some reviewers who have plant allergies claim to have had bad reactions to taking this brand of echinacea
1. VitaMonk – ImmuniPrime
ImmuniPrime does what a supplement should do, and then some! It’s no surprise this brand is #1 on our list of the top echinacea supplements money can buy.
This all-in-one immune support pill boosts overall immune system health, supports upper respiratory tract defenses, and promotes healthy T-cell immunity.
The unique formula and natural components of this echinacea supplement work together as a powerful combination to help your body prevent illness.
- Each capsule contains Andrographis paniculata, Echinacea angustifolia, and Echinacea purpura: the best herbal remedy for the common cold
- Also contains garlic, Siberian ginseng, vitamin E, and other organic plants and roots
- Formulated by licensed doctors and manufactured in state-of-the-art facilities that follow GMP compliant standards
- Science-backed formula with the highest quality ingredients
- 100% money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with your results or experience taking the supplement
- We truly could not find one drawback, con, or bad review of this brand. That must mean it’s something special!
FAQs About Echinacea Supplements
We know the health and wellness industry can be overwhelming and daunting for so many.
It’s challenging to find the right vitamins and supplements for your body without understanding the basic benefits of the plant. That’s what we’re answering here!
Q: What is echinacea used for?
The roots, petals, and flowers of the echinacea herb (also known as the coneflower) are used for medicinal purposes to treat ailments and illnesses like the common cold.
Archaeologists have found evidence that Native Americans have likely used the echinacea root for over 400 years to treat infections, wounds, and other internal ailments.
This powerful herb can relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and may even have antiviral and antioxidant effects.
Q: What are the benefits of taking echinacea?
The supplement has been known to help alleviate the typical common cold symptoms and reduce the length of time you feel sick.
When paired with other powerful supplements, like iron and vitamin C, echinacea can be even more effective in boosting immune function and strengthening your immune response.
One study showed that participants who took echinacea saw the duration of cold symptoms decrease by 1.4 days.
Q: How does echinacea work in the body?
Echinacea works by increasing the response of cells and immune system fighters to reduce the length and severity of colds.
Along with that, echinacea can reduce anxiety associated with sickness and other seasonal stressors that are inevitable.
Echinacea also provides immune system stimulation to fight infections, including upper respiratory tract infections, bladder infections, and UTIs.
Q: Is it ok to take echinacea every day?
Make sure to speak with your doctor before ever adding any supplements to your daily routine.
If you have an autoimmune disorder, along with other serious illnesses, you should not take echinacea.
It can affect the way medications metabolize in your body, so be very careful when taking them if you are on other medications for your health.
Most supplement brands that offer echinacea recommend taking their dosage once you start feeling sick and for up to 10 days after.
It’s a short-term recommendation to help your body fight off illness and bounce back quicker.
Always read the labels and check with your doctor if you are unsure what the appropriate dosage is for any supplement or vitamin.
Q: Is echinacea good for gut health?
The echinacea root may change the balance of gut bacteria, but it’s still fairly unknown if this is a positive or negative thing.
Research shows that one form of gut bacteria, known as bacteroids, can be associated with diarrhea and inflammatory bowel disease.
While no direct evidence has been confirmed that echinacea can cause any of these illnesses, it’s important to be aware of any possibilities when you begin taking a new supplement.
If you’ve been catching more colds lately or you simply want to give your immune system the mighty support it deserves, echinacea is a highly recommended supplement.
Whether you know getting sick is inevitable or you’re trying hard to stay healthy all winter long — echinacea can help support your body regardless.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best echinacea supplements:
- Vitamonk – ImmuniPrime
- Puritan’s Pride – Echinacea
- Nature’s Bounty – Echinacea
- NOW Foods – Echinacea
- Nature’s Way – Echinacea
- Horbaach Echinacea – Liquid Extract
- Gaia Herbs – Echinacea Supreme
- Herb Pharm – Super Echinacea
- NutriCost – Echinacea
- Sundown – Echinacea
What’s your favorite echinacea supplement? Leave a comment below.
SEARCH THE SITE