Sophia Taylor Ali Workout Routine
What does Sophia Taylor Ali’s workout routine look like?
Sophia Taylor Ali is an American actress most known for her roles in Faking It, Grey’s Anatomy, Truth or Dare, and The Wilds. She has a starring role in the upcoming film Uncharted, alongside Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg.
This role, in particular, challenged Sophia Ali to build strength, endurance, and muscle mass so she could perform the stunts for her character, Chloe Frazer.
While we’ve researched Sophia Taylor Ali’s exercise routine, this is not her exact workout routine.
Instead, it’s a compilation of information from interviews Sophia has done, typical workouts for women in the film industry, and opinions from experts in the field.
- Height: 5’8″
- Weight: 115 pounds
- Age: 26 years old
- Birthday: November 7, 1995
- Accolades: known for her roles in The Wilds, Uncharted, Grey’s Anatomy, Truth or Dare, Famous in Love, Faking It, Barney and Friends, and K Street.
Born and raised in San Diego to father Asim Ali and mother Brooke Ali, Sophia Ali loved living on the California coast. She and her younger brothers, Shan Ali and Kamran Ali, were very competitive and loved playing sports and games to compete against each other.
When training for her role as Chloe Frazer in Uncharted, she focused on improving her strength, eating clean to burn fat, and building muscle by working hard in the gym six days a week.
Sophia Taylor Ali’s Workout Routine
To become the strong and fearless Chloe Frazer in Uncharted, Sophia Ali trained extremely hard. She completed intense strength training sessions to become stronger, faster, and have more stamina while filming. This role involved more training and cardio than Sophia was used to doing, but she stayed committed.
Here is the Sophia Taylor Ali workout routine:
Monday – Cardio
In Uncharted, Chloe Frazer has quite a few scenes where she’s running, fighting, and chasing Nathan Drake (Tom Holland) and Victor Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) around Panama. To prep for this, Sophia Taylor Ali spent several days a week doing cardio to build stamina.
- Jump rope or battle rope warm-up (3-5 minutes)
- Burpees (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Squat jumps (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Jumping jacks (3 sets, 50 reps)
- 30 minutes on the exercise bike or stair climber
Tuesday – Chest & Biceps
On Tuesday, Sophia Taylor Ali trains her chest and arms through a series of movements designed to build muscle mass and improve strength. Here’s her chest and biceps workout:
- Dumbbell flat bench press (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Dumbbell incline bench press (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Decline push-ups (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Dumbbell pullover (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Dumbbell curl (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Preacher curl (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
Wednesday – Kickboxing
Sophia Ali enjoys adding kickboxing to her workouts to switch it up from weight training and traditional cardio exercises. Here’s a typical kickboxing workout she does:
- Jab, cross, jump, squat, switch
- Speed bag and shuffle
- Shuffle and switch
- Back kick to knee strike
- Jump rope combo
- Horse stance to push up
- Jab, cross, upper, duck
- Switching roundhouse
Thursday – Legs
To shape and tone the amazing legs that Chloe Frazer rocks on set, Sophia Ali completes this leg day routine at least once a week:
- Squat (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Leg extension (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Leg curl (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Standing calf raise (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Deadlift (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Lunge (4 sets, 15 reps per leg)
- Glute bridge (4 sets, 15 reps)
Friday – Core
On Fridays, Sophia Ali performs this ab burner 3 times to keep her core toned and tight. Maintaining a strong core is essential to proper posture, more effective cardio workouts, and overall upper body strength.
- Deadbug (3 sets, 25 reps per side)
- Crunch (3 sets, 25 reps)
- Russian twist (3 sets, 25 reps)
- Plank (3 sets, hold for 60 seconds)
- Mountain climber (3 sets, 25 reps per side)
- Hollow hold (3 sets, hold for 30 seconds)
- V-Up (3 sets, 25 reps)
- Hanging leg raise (3 sets, 25 reps)
- Sit-up (3 sets, 25 reps)
- Side plank (3 sets, 25 reps each side)
Repeat this circuit three times.
Saturday – Cardio
Sophia Taylor Ali performs another cardio workout on Saturday. Here’s another routine she could do to burn fat and improve her stamina for any acting role:
- Rowing machine warm-up (5 minutes)
- Kettlebell swings (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Cycling intervals (30 minutes)
Sunday – Rest
Sophia Ali rests on Sundays and spends time with her family and friends in California. At one point, she was dating Tyler Posey, so she likely spent Sundays with him.
Sophia Taylor Ali’s Diet
Sophia Taylor Ali stuck to a low-carb, high protein diet while training for Uncharted. She avoids processed foods, sugar, and complex carbs.
She rarely has a cheat meal but does combat her sugar cravings with small amounts of dark chocolate. She relies on smoothies and salads to get the recommended servings of veggies each day and drinks coffee every morning.
Here is Sophia Taylor Ali’s diet:
- Three eggs
- Green smoothie
- Black coffee
- Grilled salmon
- Steamed veggies
- Baked sweet potato
- Grilled chicken
- Fresh veggie salad
Sophia Ali works hard in the gym and the kitchen but also takes a few supplements to help her body recover from strenuous workouts and to boost her energy and focus while remaining healthy and strong.
In many ways, Sophia Taylor Ali is part of the next generation of Middle Eastern and Muslim actresses changing the way Hollywood looks and challenging its stance on diversity.
From her character Dahlia Qadri on Grey’s Anatomy to her openness in discussing the lack of storylines for Muslim women, Ali is at the forefront of pushing for change in Hollywood.
Sophia Taylor Ali has the talent and dedication to her craft to succeed in any role she takes on.
What do you think about Sophia Taylor Ali’s workout routine and diet? Leave a comment below.
SEARCH THE SITE