Indya Moore Workout Routine
What does Indya Moore’s workout routine look like?
Indya Moore is an American actor, model, and social activist. Indya is transgender and non-binary and uses the pronouns ‘they’ and ‘them.’ Indya is best known for their role as Angel Evangelista on the FX television series, Pose.
In 2019, Indya Moore ended the year with a commitment to themselves and their approach to a more holistic lifestyle.
The Bronx native has overcome a lot of hardship and bullying in their life, and they use exercise as a way to channel their frustration and move past the pain of their past toward healing.
While we’ve thoroughly researched Indya Moore’s workout routine and diet plan, this is not their exact routine. It’s a compilation of their social commentary, interviews they’ve done, and information from experts in the industry.
- Height: 5’8″
- Weight: 120 pounds
- Age: 27 years old
- Birthday: January 17, 1995
- Accolades: “100 Most Influential People” by Time Magazine in 2019, the first transgender person to be featured on the cover of the U.S. version of Elle magazine
Like many, Indya Moore uses working out to manage stress and their anxiety disorder. Growing up, they moved out of their parent’s house because of their family’s severe transphobia.
Indya went into foster care at age 14 and moved around for the next few years, eventually ending up in New York City.
The trauma from their family stayed with Indya for many years, but they found comfort and healing in fitness throughout their healing process.
Indya Moore’s Workout Routine
Since they made a recommitment to fitness and a healthier lifestyle, Indya aims to work out 4 to 5 times a week. They focus on strength training and try to perform two days of cardio as well.
Indya Moore is currently a contracted model with IMG Models. Staying in great shape is part of their job description, and they take it seriously.
Here is the Indya Moore workout routine:
Monday – Boxing
When Indya Moore committed to a healthier lifestyle, they fell in love with the sport of boxing and the intense full-body burn it offers. Here’s a boxing workout Indya likely does:
2 minutes of jumping jacks
2 minutes of battle rope
- Jab-cross-duck-left cross (repeat for 5 minutes)
- Plank punch (repeat for 3 minutes)
- High-low punch with a squat (repeat for 3 minutes)
Cool down with side lunges, shoulder stretches, and a cobra stretch.
Tuesday – Full Body Strength Training
As an actress, Indya hopes to play a superhero someday. They are training hard to depict a strong, independent person, regardless of gender. Here’s a strength training program Indya does to build muscle mass:
- Goblet squat (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Jump squat (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Back squat (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Plank (3 sets, 1-minute hold)
- Kettlebell press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Overhead press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Romanian deadlift (3 sets, 8 reps)
- Bent-over row (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Push-up (3 sets, 10 reps)
Wednesday – Cycle
On Wednesday, Indya takes a cycle class or does their own cycling workout. Here’s a program they might do:
- 2 to 3 minutes of sprint intervals
- Cool down for 3 minutes
Complete 6 sets.
- Heavy climb for 1 minute
- Cool down for 2 minutes
Complete 3 sets.
Thursday – Legs
Indya works out their legs once a week to build foundational strength and improve their posture.
- Lateral lunge (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Glute bridge (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Hip thrust (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Back squat (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Good morning (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Walking lunge (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Step up (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Calf raise (3 sets, 15 reps)
Friday – Core
Indya works their core on Friday to sculpt stronger abs and develop better coordination.
- Side plank (2 sets, 12 reps each side)
- Push up (2 sets, rep til failure)
- Plank dip (2 sets, 10 reps each side)
- Bicycle crunch (2 sets, 20 reps)
- V-Up (2 sets, 10 reps)
- InchwormDeadbug (2 sets, 10 reps)
- Inchworm (2 sets, 8 reps)
Saturday – Run
On Saturday, Indya Moore goes on a long run to shake out their muscles, clear their head, and relieve any stress from the workweek. Running is their favorite form of cardio because it’s the only exercise where they’ve felt free, so they try to hit the pavement once a week.
Sunday – Rest
Indya rests on Sundays to let their body recover from the heavy workouts of the week.
Indya Moore’s Diet
As a model, the industry expects Indya to look a certain way. Over time, Indya has discovered what foods help fuel their body and what holds them back. They try to focus on drinking more water, consuming less meat, and a lot of veggies.
The healthier they eat, the better they feel and look in the mirror. Indya Moore uses food as fuel and tries to make smart choices as much as possible because it has a direct effect on their career.
Here is Indya Moore’s diet:
- Green smoothie
- Black coffee
- Whole wheat toast
- Tofu burrito bowl with black beans, quinoa, and veggies
- Spaghetti squash
- Garlic bread
- Garden salad
Indya Moore takes a few supplements to help maintain their figure, keep them confident on the red carpet, and give them energy during their workouts. Here are a few supplements they are likely to take:
As a black trans woman, Indya Moore has had their fair share of struggles and hardships. Competing with other models and the industry’s beauty standards has been a challenge for Indya, but she wouldn’t trade her position for the world.
Transgender actors and models are paving the way for future generations, and we are looking forward to seeing where Indya Moore’s career goes.
What do you think about Indya Moore’s workout routine and diet? Leave a comment below.
SEARCH THE SITE