What is Cillian Murphy’s workout routine?
Cillian Murphy is a theatre and film actor from Ireland. He rose to prominence with his sublime performances in both independent and mainstream films. Despite beginning his career as a rock musician, he declined a record deal and focused on his acting instead.
In the last fifteen years, he has been part of some of the most audacious, iconic and influential projects in the history of cinema. Murphy gave up to be vegetarian because he didn’t want to be a “skinny Irish fella”.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Cillian Murphy’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
Height: 175 cm – 5’9″
Weight: 70 kg – 155 pounds
Age: 43 years old
Birthday: 25th of May, 1976
Accolades: National Television Award, Winner, 2020
On a normal basis, Murphy opts to stay slim and tone just from his normal everyday activity.
Murphy worked out more intensely when it first came time to turn into Shelby in Peaky Blinders, and now each time he says it takes about six to eight weeks of training and adding in more protein into his diet to really prepare him for the role.
Recommended Supplement Stack
Cillian Murphy’s Workout Routine
Murphy, even as Shelby, is slim and lean with some ab definition and a rounded chest. He’s doing a semi-basic routine consisting of weight training, calisthenics, and core.
Here is Cillian Murphy’s workout routine:
Monday: Chest and Triceps
On Monday, Murphy performs a chest and triceps routine by doing 7 different exercises.
Here’s’ Cillian Murphy’s chest and triceps routine:
1. Bench Press (3 sets, 12 reps)
2. Push-Ups (4 sets, 25 reps)
3. Lying Tricep Extension with Dumbbells (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Dips (4 sets, 10 reps)
5. Incline Dumbbell Press (3 sets, 12 reps)
1. Sit-Up (3 sets, 20 reps)
2. Lying Leg Raises (3 sets, 20 reps)
Tuesday: Legs and Calves
On Tuesday, he performs a legs and calves routine.
Here’s Cillian Murphy’s legs and calves routine:
1. Leg Press (3 sets, 12 reps)
2. Calf Raises on Leg Press (4 sets, 25 reps)
3. Glute Ham Raise (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Weighted Lunges (4 sets, 10 reps)
5. Squat Variation (3 sets, 12 reps)
1. Cable Crunches (3 sets, 20 reps)
2. Hanging Leg Raises (3 sets, 20 reps)
On Wednesday, Murphy rests.
Thursday: Shoulders and Traps
On Thursday, he hits a shoulders and traps routine by doing 7 exercises with a total of 4 sets and 25 reps.
Here’s Cillian Murphy’s shoulders and traps routine:
1. Seated Military Press (3 sets, 12 reps)
2. Cable Front Raises (4 sets, 25 reps)
3. Hang Cleans (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Barbell Shrugs (4 sets, 10 reps)
5. Bent Over Shoulder DB Flys (3 sets, 12 reps)
1. Sit-Ups with Twist (3 sets, 20 reps)
2. Hanging Knee Raises with Twist (3 sets, 20 reps)
Friday: Back and Biceps
On Friday, he hits a back and biceps routine by doing 7 different exercises.
Here’s Cillian Murphy’s back and biceps routine:
1. Hex Bar Deadlift (3 sets, 12 reps)
2. Wide Push-Ups (4 sets, 25 reps)
3. Cable Rows (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Chin-Ups (4 sets, 10 reps)
5. Wide Lat Pulldowns (3 sets, 12 reps)
1. Bicycle Crunches (3 sets, 20 reps)
2. Russian Twists (3 sets, 20 reps)
Saturday: Cillian Murphy Style Hike
On Saturday, Murphy hikes.
On Sunday, he rests and recovers.
Cillian Murphy’s Diet
Murphy’s diet on a more regular basis, especially now that he is no longer a vegetarian, is generally pretty intuitive. Murphy is pretty slim as it is, only weighing 155 on a normal day, so adding in protein and extra calories allow him to tack on a little extra definition.
Here is Cillian Murphy’s diet:
Cottage Cheese, Eggs, Fruit
Fish, Brown Rice, Vitamins
Tender Loin, Sweet Potatoes, Green Salad
Cillian Murphy uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
- Protein Shakes
Cillian Murphy is an incredible actor of stage and screen. Since making his debut in his home country in the late 1990s, Murphy has also become a presence in British and American cinemas noted by critics for his performances in many independent and mainstream films.