What does Sylvester Stallone’s workout routine look like?
The world might find it hard to believe that a man who once struggled to find roles in movies, went on to become one of the most legendary actors in Hollywood.
Sylvester Stallone, considered the virile man of Hollywood, carved a place for himself in the world of showbiz.
We all saw Stallone’s impressive physique when Rocky Balboa first blessed our TV screens, and since then he’s only gotten better…
Even at 69, Stallone has arguably the best action hero physique in Hollywood sporting enough muscle mass that would make a bodybuilder jealous. So, let us now look at how Stallone managed to keep in such tremendous shape over the last few decades.
Height: 5’9 – 1.79 m
Weight: 185 lbs – 84 kg
Age: 72 years
Birthday: 6th of July, 1946
Birthplace: Hell’s Kitchen, New York
Accolades: Hollywood Film Awards, 2010 Winner
Stallone hits the gym 6 days a week, training hard twice a day and focusing on forearms, traps, and shoulders. Moreover, Sly’s intense training regimen has a “full body” approach with strenuous exercises including deadlifts and squats, and minimal rests between the sets.
He follows the maximum effort method while training in order to lose fat and grow muscle simultaneously. Thanks to his relentless will and a focused fitness schedule, Stallone has maintained his impressive body.
Sylvester Stallone’s Workout Routine
Within Stallone’s routines, he normally focuses on incorporating 8-12 exercises. He focuses on working out different parts of his body in the morning and in the afternoons.
When it comes to diet, Stallone eats 4 meals a day. His diet also includes some supplements such as protein powders, fat burners, multivitamins, and BCAAs.
Here is Sylvester Stallone’s workout routine:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Mornings: Chest, Back, and Abs Workout
Within this workout routine, Stallone performs 8 different exercises, but for a total of 6 sets.
Here is Sylvester Stallone’s chest, back, and abs routine:
1. Incline Bench Press (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
2. Dumbbell Flys (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
3. Close-grip Bench Press (5 sets, 6-8 reps)
4. Wide-grip Chin Ups (6 sets, 8-10 reps)
5. Bent-over One-arm Lateral Raises (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
6. Close-grip Seated Rows (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
7. Raised Leg Crunches (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
8. Seated Extension (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Afternoon: Shoulders, Arms, and Abs Workout
On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons, Stallone performs shoulders, arms, and abs routine. He performs 12 exercises but for a total of 4 sets each.
Here is Sylvester Stallone’s shoulders, arms, and abs routine:
1. Military Press (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
2. Side Lateral Raises (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
3. Bent-over Dumbbell Flyes (5 sets, 6-8 reps)
4. Barbell Curls (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
5. Seated Incline-dumbbell-curls (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
6. Concentration Curls (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
7. Lying Dumbbell-raises (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
8. Bent-over One-arm Lateral Raises (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
9. Cable Pull Downs (3 sets, 10 reps)
10. Alternate Leg Raise (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
11. Decline Bench Sit-ups (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
12. Oblique Crunches (3 sets, 6-8 reps)
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday Morning: Calves and Thighs Workout
On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, Stallone perform a calves and thighs routine with 9 exercises.
Here is Sylvester Stallone’s calves and thighs routine:
1. Seated Calf-raises (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
2. Standing Calf-raises (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
3. Standing Barbell Alternate Calf-raises (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
4. Incline Leg-press (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
5. Squats (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
6. Seated Leg-extensions (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
7. Leg Curls (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
8. Leg Extensions (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
9. Stiff Leg Deadlift (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
Sylvester Stallone’s Diet
Since Stallone focuses on strength and weight loss, his nutrition plan is quite similar to that of a bodybuilder comprising high levels of protein and carbohydrate, as well as moderate to low levels of fat. The typical diet chart of Sylvester Stallone is given below.
Here is Sylvester Stallone diet:
- A glass of liquid aminos
- 3 egg whites
- Half yoke
- Irish Oatmeal
- Toasted pumpernickel bread
- Fresh papaya
- Few figs
- Roasted summer squash
- Broiled skinless chicken
- Figs or berries
- Broiled fish
- High-fiber toasted bread; occasionally eats veal
Sylvester Stallone uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
Sylvester Stallone is a legendary action star of Hollywood who gained worldwide fame for his roles in the seven Rocky films as well as the four Rambo movies. He has one of the best action bodies in Hollywood.