Mike Thurston Workout Routine
What does Mike Thurston’s workout routine look like?
Mike Thurston is a certified personal trainer, successful entrepreneur, and social media influencer from the UK. From a young age, Mike loved sports and being active, so no one in his family was surprised when he pursued a career in fitness.
When Mike realized bodybuilding was his passion, nothing stood in his way from achieving his goals. He co-owns a health and fitness company with a few friends, where he pursues bodybuilding and personal training, shares his life on social media and lives a life he is proud of.
This article is a compilation of the research we’ve done on Mike Thurston’s workout routine and diet plan, but it’s not his exact routine. It’s based on interviews Mike has done, his YouTube videos, and commentary from others in the industry.
- Height: 6′
- Weight: 205-215 pounds
- Age: 31 years old
- Birthday: August 9, 1990
- Accolades: 1.24 million YouTube subscribers, 1 million Instagram followers
On his YouTube channel, Mike Thurston shares helpful videos about working out, tips and tricks for working out at home, recipe ideas and meal prep strategies, lifestyle content, and much more. His videos are engaging and fun to watch, making it easy to understand why he has over 1 million subscribers!
His fans and followers find inspiration in Mike Thurston’s drive, focus, and incredible physique.
As with most super-cut athletes, there is speculation about Mike’s physique and whether he uses anabolic steroids or not. Mike Thurston explains that he achieved massive gains in his 20s when it was easier to shape the body, and he’s worked to maintain it since then.
Mike Thurston’s Workout Routine
Mike takes his workout plan seriously and goes to the gym to get his job done.
“You literally have to work your ass off and push yourself to the limits. Get in the zone, focus, [and] always keep moving,” he said.
Mike Thurston works out six days a week, incorporating compound exercises with isolation movements to target each muscle group effectively.
Here is Mike Thurston’s workout routine:
Monday – Chest
Mike targets each muscle within the chest in order to see the biggest gains. He also works from flat, incline, and decline positions to hit the muscles in different ways.
- Barbell bench press (3 sets, 6 reps)
- Incline dumbbell bench press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Incline hammer press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Standing cable fly (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Decline dumbbell bench press (3 sets, 10 reps)
Tuesday – Back
Sculpting the perfect back takes consistency and variety. You can’t build massive back muscles just by hitting lats or rows. Incorporating a variety of back exercises is how Mike Thurston maintains his dream physique.
- Bent-over barbell row (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Wide grip lat pulldown (3 sets, 8-12 reps)
- One-arm dumbbell row (3 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Standing cable lat pulldown (3 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Barbell rack pull (3 sets, 10 reps)
Wednesday – Shoulders
Mike rounds out his shoulders by using this program at least twice a week.
- Seated dumbbell shoulder press (3 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Seated dumbbell lateral raise (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Standing cable lateral raise (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Incline dumbbell rear delt raise (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Rear delt fly machine (3 sets, 10 reps)
Thursday – Legs
If you’ve caught a glimpse of Mike’s quads, you can be sure this guy doesn’t ever skip leg day. His squads, hamstrings, and glutes are on point. To build those massive legs, here’s what Mike does twice a week:
- Romanian deadlift (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Leg press (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Lying leg curl (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Leg extension (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Bulgarian split squat (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Hip thrust on the rowing machine (3 sets, 12 reps)
Friday – Arms
In his arm workout, Mike Thurston hits the triceps, then the biceps in order to fatigue the muscles more efficiently.
- Flat dumbbell skull crusher (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Cable press down (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Overhead rope extension (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Feet elevated bench dip (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Standing barbell curl (4 sets, 8 reps)
- Alternating dumbbell hammer curl (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Standing EZ bar cable curl (4 sets, 10 reps)
Saturday – HIIT Training routine
Mike’s workout schedule includes some high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to burn off any excess fat and tone his legs.
- Jumping rope or battle rope (3 minutes)
- Jumping jacks (1 minute, rest, 3 sets)
- Kettlebell swings (1 minute, rest, 3 sets)
- 20-minute sprint intervals on the exercise bike
Sunday – Rest
Mike’s workout plan calls for rest and recovery on Sunday.
Mike Thurston’s Diet
Mike Thurston stays very committed to his strict diet plan and rarely indulges in a cheat meal. His lean, muscular physique is built in the kitchen just as much as it is in the gym.
Using his knowledge as an online coach, Mike eats six meals a day and prefers to space out his meals evenly so he never feels hungry or full too close to a workout.
In his diet, Mike focuses on his caloric intake to build muscle and lose fat. He also drinks 3-4 liters of water each day to stay hydrated and avoid muscle cramping in the gym.
Here is Mike Thurston’s diet:
- 4-egg omelet
- 1 slice of bacon
- 1/2 avocado
- Veggies including tomatoes, onions, mushrooms
- 1 cup of oatmeal with peanut butter and honey
- Fresh fruit including blueberries, raspberries
- 1 cup of almond milk
Meal 3 (Post-Workout)
- 1 scoop of vegan protein powder mixed with oat milk and fruit
- Teriyaki salmon
- Brown rice
- Steamed broccoli
- Brown rice crackers
- 1 banana
- Minced beef
- Baked sweet potatoes
- Green beans
Mike’s fitness journey wouldn’t have been possible without the support of a few supplements along the way. Here’s a look at what supplements he takes:
Mike Thurston is the epitome of how hard work and dedication can help you achieve incredible results. He went from being a party animal at university in his early 20s to fixing his diet plan, getting serious in the gym, building massive muscles, and finding his passion and career in the process.
Mike Thurston’s workout routine and diet plan can lead a person to physical and mental strength and greatness. With purpose and intention, anything is possible.
What do you think about Mike Thurston’s workout routine and diet? Leave a comment below.
SEARCH THE SITE