Jeff Cavaliere Workout Routine
What does Jeff Cavaliere’s workout routine look like?
Jeff Cavaliere is an American fitness expert with a background in physical therapy and years of training and education under his belt.
Cavaliere is a celebrity trainer, working with big names including Terrell Owens and David Beckham. He also runs a supplement company called Athlean X and helps athletes around the world build muscle, lose weight, and find a nutrition plan that works for them.
Although we’ve done research on Jeff Cavaliere’s workout and exercise regime, this article isn’t his exact workout routine. It provides a general idea of what Jeff does when training himself or clients, based on his own commentary and information from others in the industry.
- Height: 5’8″
- Weight: 190 pounds
- Age: 46 years old
- Birthday: June 28, 1975
- Accolades: Strength and Conditioning certification from the NSCA, BA in physio neurobiology, Masters in physical therapy from the University of Connecticut, previous head physical therapist for the Mets, fitness writer for Men’s Health
When Jeff Cavaliere realized that weightlifting improved his performance in his favorite sports, he became obsessed. He idolized bodybuilders like Arnold Schwarzenegger, whose weight training accomplishments are world-renowned in the fitness industry.
Jeff Cavaliere doesn’t believe in the traditional hours-long workout routines that many swear by. He incorporates intense workouts that last 45 minutes, including 15 minutes of conditioning at the end. He prefers to work hard and fast, so he can go on with his day.
He offers his clients more insight and expertise when coaching, thanks to his background in physical therapy, which makes his business more valuable and in demand. His YouTube channel is packed with informative videos on form, technique, diet, exercises, and more.
Jeff Cavaliere’s Workout Routine
As a personal trainer, Jeff Cavaliere works out to build lean muscle growth and incorporates compound exercises to hit more than one muscle group at a time, along with progressive overload to build mass quickly.
Jeff’s experience as a physical therapist and his holistic approach to fitness influence his own exercise program in many ways.
Here is the Jeff Cavaliere workout routine you’ve been waiting for.
Monday – Chest workout
- Barbell bench press (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Band crossover or horizontal cable (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Inclined bench press (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Weighted dips (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Weighted push-ups (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Band crossover push-ups (3 sets, 15 reps)
Tuesday – Back workout
- Warm-up deadlifts (10 reps)
- Weighted chin-ups (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Wide grip pull-ups (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Barbell dead rows (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Alternative high cable row (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Barbell shrug ladder (3 sets, 15 reps)
Wednesday – Full Body Workout
- Low box squat or high squat (3 sets, perform for 1 minute each time)
- Bottomed out squats (3 sets, perform for 1 minute each time)
- Jump squats (3 sets, perform for 1 minute each time)
- Upper body pushups (3 sets, perform for 1 minute each time)
- Pull ups (3 sets, perform for 1 minute each time)
- Inverted chin curls (3 sets, perform for 1 minute each time)
- Alternate sprinter lunges (3 sets, perform for 1 minute each time)
Thursday – Conditioning
Jeff Cavaliere incorporates conditioning into his weekly workouts because they burn fat, get the heart pumping, and are much more enjoyable exercises for him personally.
Check out this video of Jeff doing a conditioning segment, which consists of 4 mountain climbers and 4 kick-throughs.
Other conditioning exercises include:
- Squat jumps
- Split jacks
- Box jumps
- Lateral lunges
Friday – Full Body Workout
- Squats (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Deadlifts (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Overhead press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Rows (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Weighted chins (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Bench press (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
The benefits of strength training are seen in this workout routine — the compound exercises will help build muscle mass faster. When coaching clients, Jeff recommends a variety of movements in a full body workout.
Training multiple muscle groups at once increases strength and endurance, regardless of fitness level.
Saturday & Sunday Rest
The Jeff Cavaliere workout routine calls for solid time spent resting, where he lets his muscles recuperate and recover. The Athlean X founder sticks to his diet plan, checks in with his professional clients, and spends time with his family.
Jeff Cavaliere’s Diet
Cavaliere believes that abs are made in the kitchen, so he avoids processed foods and focuses on fueling his body with lean proteins, complex carbs, whole grains, fruits, and veggies.
He eats six meals a day to keep his metabolism high. His favorite snacks are fruit and protein shakes, which he enjoys at least once a day. Jeff Cavaliere’s diet plan also incorporates natural foods to support brain health.
Here is Jeff Cavaliere’s diet:
- Pumpkin oatmeal
- Fruit, including strawberry, kiwi, and banana
- Scrambled eggs
- Skim milk
- Protein shake
- Fruits, including strawberry and banana
- Cajun grilled chicken wrap with sun dried tomatoes
- Steamed vegetables
- Greek yogurt
- Vegetable soup
- Black beans
- Griled fish
- Steamed vegetables
- Baked sweet potato
- Protein shake
Jeff Cavaliere founded the popular supplement company, Athlean X, so he is well-versed in the ways supplements support a workout plan and help build a strong foundation for any exercise routine and healthy lifestyle.
He’s a big believer in pre-workout supplements for men’s fitness and to achieve optimal nutrition. Here are a few of the supplements Jeff uses for muscle recovery, to boost immunity, and to keep him focused in the gym.
From a killer core circuit to exercises designed to burn fat and build muscle mass, Jeff Cavaliere designs the best fitness and nutrition plans for his clientele.
He’s got the ideal daily routine and his exercise routines are top-notch. It’s no wonder he’s known as the “ATH-LEAN”! From his insane back muscles, chiseled abs, and impressive chest muscles, we trust anything fitness or nutrition-related that Jeff Cavaliere recommends.
What do you think about Jeff Cavaliere’s workout routine and diet? Leave a comment below.
SEARCH THE SITE