What does Eminem’s workout routine look like?
The real Slim Shady is known and loved around the world for his polarizing lyrics, insane rap battles, and overall badass way of living his life.
Eminem’s iconic music has inspired millions around the world to get up, fight back, and lose yourself in the music, the moment. He’s one of the best-selling music artists of all time, with a huge fan base worldwide.
While the American rapper may be the king of the hip-hop world, Eminem is also a beast in the gym.
He describes his love of fitness as an addiction, something he feeds regularly to keep himself in check and to maintain his fit and rugged physique.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Eminem’s workout routine, diet, and supplements. Although we’ve done thorough research on Eminem’s diet and exercise regime, this article is not his exact workout routine.
It provides a general idea of what Eminem does when training based on interviews, his own commentary, and information from trainers.
- Height: 5’8″
- Weight: 157 pounds (approximately)
- Age: 49
- Birthday: October 17, 1972
- Accolades: 15 Grammy Awards, 17 Billboard Music Awards, and 12 MTV VMA Awards
Eminem’s overdose in 2007 changed his perspective on a lot of things, including fitness. With his Vicodin addiction came some serious weight gain that he needed to get in check – he did so by becoming sober and finding a workout plan that worked.
He told Men’s Health that it’s “easy to understand how people replace addiction with exercise.”
Eminem believes that in the gym, consistency is key. Don’t stop once you’ve started, and take small steps every day to get to where you want to be. An addiction to exercise is how Eminem bounced back.
Eminem’s Workout Routine
Once Eminem was ready to add strength training and plyo exercises to his workout routine to lose weight, he started using workout DVDs at home, including P90X, Body Beast, and Shaun T’s Insanity.
These helped him form the foundation of training with weights and build endurance. Today, Eminem incorporates a variety of different training methods to get his striking body figure.
Here’s Eminem’s workout routine:
Monday – Cardio
When Eminem was trying to get healthier and lose weight, he took up running as his main form of cardio.
Although he no longer runs seventeen miles a day, running has continued to be his go-to workout for stress relief, so he starts his week off with a long run.
The natural endorphin high he gets from running is reason enough to keep going.
10-minute walk on the treadmill
10+ miles on the treadmill or outdoors
Tuesday – Back & Biceps
10 minutes on the treadmill
- Cable rows (4 sets, 10 reps)
- T-bar rows (4 sets, 10 reps)
- EZ-bar curls (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Hammer curls (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Reverse barbell curls (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Chin-ups (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Oblique crunches (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Knee tuck jumps (4 sets, 10 reps)
Wednesday – Legs & Glutes
- Stiff leg deadlifts (5 sets, 8 reps)
- Goblet squats (5 sets, 8 reps)
- Dumbbell reverse lunges (5 sets, 8 reps)
- Dumbbell lateral lunges (5 sets, 8 reps)
- Bulgarian split squats (5 sets, 8 reps)
- High ball plank (5 sets, 8 reps)
- Squat thrusts (5 sets, 8 reps)
Thursday – Boxing
Eminem enjoys hitting the bag to relieve stress and get a solid cardio burn.
He trained with the late boxing legend Emanuel Steward to keep up his sparring skills and technique. Here’s a typical boxing workout Eminem would perform.
- 5-10 minutes battle rope or jump rope
- 20 push-ups
- 20 squats
Boxing workout routine
Rest 30 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
Friday – Core training
- Hanging knee raise (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Ab rollout (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Oblique crunches (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Planks (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Pushups to jack knife (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Sledgehammer (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Medicine ball side toss (4 sets, 10 reps)
- KB Swing (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Twisting shoulders (4 sets, 10 reps)
Saturday – Cardio training
- High knees (3 sets, 20 alternating reps)
- Kettlebell swing reps (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Shuffle jump tucks (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Pencil jumps (3 sets, as many as possible in 45 seconds)
- Plank get-up reps (3 sets, 10 alternating reps)
Sunday – Rest
Eminem takes Sunday to rest and lets his body recover. After spending at least an hour hitting it hard in the gym, his muscles need a break.
Once Eminem was ready to get healthy, he knew he had to stop eating badly and kick the unhealthy habits he’d adopted over time with his addiction.
Now, he focuses on essential nutrients and avoids alcohol, sugar, and junk food,
Here is Eminem’s diet:
- Turkey breast
- Grilled veggies
- Baked sweet potato
- Steak or fish
- Steamed veggies
To build muscles as he did with the body beast workout, Eminem may take a few different supplements to burn fat, achieve muscular hypertrophy, and improve his stamina.
Here are some supplements the record producer may take:
Now you know how the Eminem workout routine helped him achieve his fit body image and how he maintains it with the infamous Insanity workout, cardio exercises, strength training, and boxing.
His addiction to exercise has helped him stay sober for over a decade.
With his diet, he admits to being OCD about the calories, which he tries to avoid. This body beast dude never misses a workout, even if he’s having a crazy week.
In order to function sober, the time invested in the gym is Eminem’s chance to get his head right and maintain mental clarity.
If you enjoyed this routine, check out our other rapper workout routines: