Winston Duke Workout Routine
What does Winston Duke’s workout routine look like?
Winston Duke is a Trinbagonian-American actor, best known for his role as M’Baku in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films Black Panther and the Avengers film series. Duke also starred in Jordan Peele’s horror flick, Us in 2019.
After moving to the United States at age 9 with his mother and sister, Winston became immersed in theater and acting, and he hasn’t looked back. He is a massive guy with an impressive acting portfolio to match.
In this post, we’re sharing the workouts and diet plan that Winston Duke likely does as he trains for roles.
It’s not Winston’s exact workout routine but a compilation of commentary on his social media, interviews, and information from experts in the industry.
- Height: 6’4″
- Weight: 220 pounds
- Age: 35 years old
- Birthday: November 15, 1986
- Accolades: Screen Actors Guild Awards for Black Panther, Denver International Film Awards for Nine Days, Black Reel Award for Black Panther
As a child, Winston Duke was always playing sports and spent most of his childhood outdoors. He was naturally athletic from a young age and had a competitive spirit with his classmates and friends.
Because diabetes runs in Winston Duke’s family, he uses fitness and working out to stay active, maintain healthy blood sugar levels, and remain fit and strong.
Winston Duke’s Workout Routine
When he was training for Black Panther, Winston Duke worked out six days a week, often more than once a day.
To properly depict his character, Lord M’Baku, the leader of the Jabari Tribe, supervillain, and man-ape, Winston Duke, got up at 2:30 AM to have enough time to properly work out and prepare for the role.
Here is the Winston Duke workout routine:
Monday – Chest & Triceps
Winston starts his week with a chest and triceps program that leaves his entire upper body feeling jacked.
- 10-minute incline walk on the treadmill
Upper Body Circuit:
- Bench press (5 sets, 12 reps)
- Incline dumbbell press (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Chest flyes (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Overhead tricep extension (3 sets, 12 reps
- Close grip bench press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Cable pushdowns (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Cable kickbacks (3 sets, 10 reps)
Tuesday – Back & Biceps
Tuesday is back day for Winston Duke, an intense workout routine that helped him build muscle and get massive for Black Panther.
- Deadlift (5 sets, 12 reps)
- Cable row (3 sets, 12 reps)
- T-bar row (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Push up (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Lat pulldown (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Wide grip pull up (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Preacher curl (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Overhead cable curl (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Cable bicep curl (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Cable hammer curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
Wednesday – Shoulders & Traps
On Wednesday, Winston Duke trains his shoulders and traps in this heavy workout program:
- Military press (5 sets, 12 reps)
- Shoulder dumbbell front raise (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Shoulder fly (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Arnold press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Pull up (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Barbell shrug (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Hang clean (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Machine shrugs (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Dumbbell shrugs (3 sets, 20 reps)
Thursday – Legs & Calves
Thursday is leg day for Winston Duke. The actor burns out his glutes, thighs, and calves with this program:
- Back squat (5 sets, 12 reps)
- Leg press (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Lunge (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Front squat (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Hack squat (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Calf raises (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Hamstring curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Leg curl machine (3 sets, 10 reps)
Friday – MMA Training
Winston Duke trains in MMA at least once a week to prepare for his many fighting roles in the Marvel movies. MMA-style training is fast-paced, high intensity, and works the entire body.
Saturday – Rest
Winston Duke takes a break from his fitness routine on Saturday to let his muscles recover. He likes to spend time with his family, spend time outdoors, and relax.
Sunday – MMA Training
On Sunday, Winston is back in the gym for another MMA training session with his trainer.
Winston Duke’s Diet
When he’s trying to get lean, Winston Duke experiments with intermittent fasting and eating low-carb, where he eats mostly veggies and seafood and avoids chicken, beef, and pork.
Because he is predisposed to diabetes, Winston avoids simple carbs, processed food, and refined sugar. Nutrition is important to Duke as it directly affects his life and overall wellbeing.
Some of his acting roles have required him to up his caloric intake and eat much more than usual, so he enjoys slimming down and eating less when he’s in between roles.
Here is Winston Duke’s diet:
- Green smoothie
- Scrambled eggs
- Tuna or sushi
- Fresh veggies
- Grilled salmon
- Baked sweet potato
- Green salad
To really play the role of a superhero, Winston Duke takes several supplements and vitamins to build on his strength and resemble a true man-ape.
Here are a few supplements Duke likely takes to improve his workouts, burn fat, and keep him energized and focused.
Not only is he a talented actor, but Winston Duke is also a humanitarian and an excellent role model for people worldwide.
He’s a superhero in many ways, particularly with his dedication to properly representing any character he plays, from the Marvel universe to his more serious roles.
Fitness is a massive part of Winston Duke’s career and life; it’s how he stays healthy, manages stress, and prevents the risk of disease and illness. Duke is committed to a healthy lifestyle so he can be there for his family and friends and to enjoy everything life has to offer.
What do you think about Winston Duke’s workout routine and diet? Leave a comment below.
SEARCH THE SITE