What does Matt Damon’s workout routine look like?
Matt Damon is an American actor and his big breakthrough came in 1997 when he starred ‘Good Will Hunting’ alongside with friend Ben Affleck. The duo won an original screenplay Oscar for the project.
Damon is an amazing actor and he has starred in some of the best movies in the industry. When he prepared for his role in Jason Bourne he wanted to get bigger than ever before.
Damon worked out with his trainer Jason Walsh for three movies. His personal trainer also helped him get in shape for ‘The Martian’ and ‘The Great Wall’.
Within this article we’ll discuss Matt Damon’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
Height: 178 cm – 5’10”
Weight: 84 kg – 185 pounds
Age: 49 years old
Birthday: 8th of October, 1970
Accolades: Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay, Winner, 1998
When Matt Damon prepared for his role for Jason Bourne he worked with celebrity trainer Jason Walsh for a year and a half. He worked out for hours every single day for 3 months prior to filming The Bourne Identity.
He could benchpress 250lbs by the time he started filming Bourne, and he could also put his ‘BFF’ Ben Affleck in a headlock whenever he wanted.
Matt Damon’s Workout Routine
Matt Damon has worked with his personal trainer because of his training methods which are dedicated to creating an athletic physique, rather than getting extremely shredded.
Damon is always making sure that his foundation is solid and that means that he has flexibility, mobility, and overall strength. The actor works out 5 days a week, and he likes to mix up his work out with activity days as well.
Here is Matt Damon’s workout routine:
Monday: Chest & Triceps
On Monday, Matt Damon hits a chest and triceps routine by doing 9 exercises.
Here is Matt Damon’s chest and triceps routine:
1. Dumbbell Bench Press (3 sets, 10 reps)
2. Dumbbell Hex Press (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Push-Ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Tricep Pushdowns (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Overhead Tricep Extensions (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Close Grip Push Ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
7. Dips (3 sets, 10-15 reps)
8. Skull Crushers (3 sets, 10 reps)
9. Chest Flys (3 sets, 10 reps)
Tuesday: Activity Day
On Tuesday, Matt Damon performs an activity day by doing boxing, hiking, or sports.
Wednesday: Shoulders & Legs
On Wednesday, Damon hits a shoulder and leg routine by doing 9 exercises with 3 sets and 10 reps of each exercise.
Here is Matt Damon’s shoulders and legs routine:
1. Back Squat (3 sets, 10 reps)
2. Box Jumps (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Weighted Lunges (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Military Press (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Barbell Shoulder Raise (3 sets, 10 reps)
Barbell Shoulder Front Raise (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Leg Press (3 sets, 10 reps)
7. Arnold Press (3 sets, 10 reps)
8. Calf Raises (3 sets, 10 reps)
9. Shrugs (3 sets, 10 reps)
Thursday: Activity Day
On Thursday, he repeats his Tuesday routine by having another activity day.
Friday: Back & Biceps
On Friday, Damon performs a back and biceps routine by doing 3 sets and 10 reps of each exercise.
Here is Matt Damon back and biceps routine:
1. Lateral Pull Downs (3 sets, 10 reps)
2. Dumbbell Rows (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Wide Push-Ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Bicep Curls (Dumbbells) (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Chin-Ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Hammer Curls (Dumbbells or Cables) (3 sets, 10 reps)
7. Deadlifts (3 sets, 10 reps)
8. Preacher Curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
9. Cable Rows (3 sets, 10 reps)
10. Concentration Curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
Saturday and Sunday: Rest
On Saturday and Sunday, Matt Damon has a day off from workout.
Matt Damon’s Diet
When Matt Damon prepared for his role as Jason Bourne he followed a strict diet. He would eat 6 meals a day consisting of lean animal protein, veggies, whole grains, nuts, and protein shakes.
He drank plenty of water while training, but when filming came along, he cut back like a fighter to be as lean and chiseled as possible.
Here is Matt Damon’s diet:
3 hard-boiled eggs and a glass of milk, protein shake
Chicken breast or perhaps a lean cut of beef along with salad and healthy fats from avocados and coconut oil.
Salmon and veggies
Steak and sweet potatoes
Nuts, protein shake
Matt Damon uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains.
Matt Damon is one of the most well-known actors in the American film industry who achieved great success after cementing his place in Hollywood.
Damon has won multiple awards in his career and he is known for having a ripped body and he is always well prepared for his movie roles.