Vin Diesel is an American action movie hero who has appeared in xXx, The Fast and the Furious series, and The Chronicles of Riddick.
He still manages to throw himself into difficult stunts, beating up villains and flinging from speeding vehicles.
The fact that Diesel has been doing these stunts and tricks so easily over the past 26 years of his career, gives an indication of his strength and fitness.
Here we share the secrets behind his ripped physique.
Height: 1.82 m – 6’
Weight: 102 kg (225 lb)
Age: 51 years old
Birthday: 18th of July, 1967
Birthplace: Alameda County, California
Accolades: Black Reel Awards Winner 2018
“Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain our own.”
As a movie star, living a healthy lifestyle is not easy.
Vin Diesel’s busy schedule may require him to be on the set filming for 20 hours per day, or be traveling around the world when not working on films.
The Furious 7-star makes time to train and exercise 5 days per week while the remaining days are reserved for rest or doing some yoga/Pilates.
Vin Diesel’s Workout Routine
When he was younger, he wanted to build mass and strength so that he would look big.
He concentrates on keeping his body fat low, and for that, he has incorporated more cardio and core-based exercises into his workout regime.
Here is Vin Diesel’s workout routine:
Monday: Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps
Within this routine, Diesel performs 6 different supersets, making for 12 total exercises.
Here’s Vin Diesel’s chest, shoulders and triceps routine:
1. First Superset: Medium-grip barbell bench press, decline-barbell bench press
2. Second Superset: Dumbbell flys, pushups
3. Third Superset: Incline dumbbell chest press, cable crossovers
4. Fourth Superset: Standing overhead triceps extension, skull crushers with EZ bar
5. Fifth Superset: Reverse-grip pushdown, incline triceps extension with a barbell
6. Sixth Superset: Dumbbell kickback, tricep dips
Tuesday: Shoulders and Back
On Tuesday, Vin targets his shoulders and back with 3 different supersets, making for 6 total exercises.
Here’s Vin Diesel’s shoulders and back routine:
1. First Superset: Dumbbell shoulder press, side lateral raise
2. Second Superset: Wide-grip lateral pull down, bent-over barbell row
3. Third Superset: Romanian Deadlift, dumbbell shrug
On Wednesday, Vin performs a legs routine, focusing on 3 supersets, making for 6 total exercises.
Here’s Vin Diesel’s legs routine:
1. First Superset: Barbell squat, standing calf raises
2. Second Superset: Wide-stance barbell squat, barbell lunge
3. Third Superset: Clean-grip front squat, barbell lunge
Thursday: Back and Shoulders
On Thursday, he focuses on his back and shoulders, by performing 3 supersets. Each exercise is performed for 4 sets, and 8 reps each set.
Here’s Vin Diesel’s back and shoulders routine:
1. Shoulder Press (Superset #1, 4 sets, 8 reps)
2. Lateral Raises (Superset #1, 4 sets, 8 reps)
3. Lateral Pulldowns (Superset #2, 4 sets, 8 reps)
4. Bent-over Rows (Superset #2, 4 sets, 8 reps)
5. Deadlifts (Superset #3, 4 sets, 8 reps)
6. Shoulder Shrugs (Superset #3, 4 sets, 8 reps)
On Friday, Diesel hits a legs workout routine by doing 6 different exercises.
Here’s Vin Diesel’s legs routine:
1. Barbell Back Squats (4 sets, 8 reps)
2. Calf Raises (4 sets, 8 reps)
3. Sumo Squat (4 sets, 8 reps)
4. Lunges (4 sets, 8 reps)
5. Front Squat (4 sets, 8 reps)
6. Clean and Snatch (can be switched out for Clean and Squat) (4 sets, 8 reps)
Saturday and Sunday: Rest
Saturday and Sunday are both rest days.
Vin Diesel’s Diet
To fuel his workouts, the superstar intakes plenty of resourceful carbs, lean proteins, fruits, veggies, and water.
Furthermore, he avoids having processed foods as he believes natural foods helps his mind and body. Let us have a look at the actor’s diet chart
Here’s Vin Diesel’s diet:
- A cup of porridge
- Chia seeds
- Cranberries; or 2 slices of bread
- Almond butter
- Tuna (2 fillets)
- 2 cups of chopped vegetables; or 2 cups of brown rice
- a cup of green beans
- 2 slices of turkey breast
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 slices of chicken breasts
- 1 bell pepper
- a cup of brown rice
- Mango; or broccoli, a cup of quinoa
- 2 fillets of salmon
- Mixed salad
Vin Diesel uses the following PEDs and supplements to help fuel his gains:
- HCGenerate ES
- N2Guard, Ostarine
Vin Diesel’s workout results are shown in the movies he’s produced, and he’s always maintained that swole look. The only thing that really changes when it comes to filming, is fat control.
Diesel has been seen to have a slightly more bulky look when not filming.