What does John Abraham’s workout routine look like?
John Abraham is an Indian film actor, producer and a former model who appears in Hindi films. After modeling for numerous advertisements and companies, Abraham made his film debut with ‘Jism’ in 2003.
In 2012, he produced his first film Vicky Donor, which was a critical and commercial success, and earned him a National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
His athletic and muscular physique has contributed to his status as one of the most influential sex symbols in Bollywood. He is the co-owner of the Indian Super League football team NorthEast United FC. Apart from acting, Abraham has often performed many dangerous stunts in his films.
Within this article, we’ll discuss John Abraham’s workout routine, diet and supplements and so much more:
Height: 183 cm – 6′
Weight: 95 kg – 209 pounds
Age: 47 years old
Birthday: 17th of December, 1972
Accolades: Bollywood Movie Award, Winner, 2004
For cardio, John Abraham recommends cycling, each day he cycles about 15-20 min to burn around 300 to 400 calories. When he can’t go outside he does cardio in a stationary bike.
In addition to burning that excess calorie, cycling can also help to strengthen your legs. When it comes to his diet he likes to he eat healthy Indian food.
John Abraham’s Workout Routine
John Abraham’s workout schedule used to have two body parts a day.
One big muscle group followed by a small muscle group. So for example, he would work out Chest and triceps one day, Shoulder and biceps, Back/lat one day, then legs twice a week.
Here is John Abraham’s workout routine:
Monday: Bench Press and Chest
On Monday, he performs a bench press and chest routine.
Here’s John Abraham’s bench press and chest routine:
1. Incline Dumbbell Press (3 sets, 12 reps)
2. Decline Press (3 sets, 12 reps)
3. Hammer Strength Chest Press (3 sets, 12 reps)
4. Dumbbell Pullovers (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Cable Flyes (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Dips (3 sets, 10 reps)
Tuesday: Deadlift, Back and Abs
On Tuesday, Abraham hits a deadlift, back, and abs routine by doing 7 different exercises with a total of 3 sets and 20 reps.
Here’s John Abraham’s deadlift, back, and abs routine:
1. Wide Grip Cable Pulldowns (3 sets, 12 reps)
2. Close Grip Cable Rows (3 sets, 12 reps)
3. Face Pulls (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Chin-Ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Hanging Leg Raises (3 sets, 20 reps)
6. Cable Crunches (3 sets, 20 reps)
7. Planks (3 sets, 60 seconds)
Wednesday: Biceps and Triceps
On Wednesday, Abraham performs a biceps and triceps routine by doing 7 different exercises.
Here’s John Abraham’s biceps and triceps routine:
1. Preacher Curls (3 sets, 12 reps)
2. Close Grip Bench (3 sets, 12 reps)
3. Alternating Hammer Curls (3 sets, 12 reps)
4. Tricep Cable Pushdowns (3 sets, 12 reps)
5. Cable Kickbacks (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Single Arm Cable Curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
7. Chin-Ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
Thursday: Overhead Press, Shoulders, and Abs
On Friday, he hits an overhead press, shoulders and abs routine.
Here’s John Abraham’s overhead press, shoulders, and abs routine:
1. Seated Arnold Press (3 sets, 12 reps)
2. Bent-Over Dumbbell Lateral Raises (3 sets, 12 reps)
3. Front Raises w/ Plate (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Upright Rows w/ Barbell or EZ Bar (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Hanging Knee Raises w/ Twist (3 sets, 20 reps)
6. Sit-Ups w/ Twist (3 sets, 20 reps)
7. Russian Twists (3 sets, 20 reps)
Friday: Back Squats and Legs
On Friday, he hits back squats and legs routine by doing 6 exercises.
Here’s John Abraham’s back squats and legs routine:
1. Leg Press (3 sets, 12 reps)
2. Calf Raises on Leg Press Machine (3 sets, 12 reps)
3. Bulgarian Split Squats (3 sets, 12 reps)
4. Hamstring Curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Weighted Step Ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Glute Bridges w/ Barbell (3 sets, 10 reps)
Saturday and Sunday: Rest Day or Extra Parkour
On Saturday and Sunday, he rests or has a day where he performs extra parkour.
John Abraham’s Diet
John had both vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods in equal proportion. According to his goal, he had to take 200gms of protein intake daily.
For John, he burns 4000 to 5000 calories per day and consumes a lot of high protein and carbs intake.
Here is John Abraham’s diet:
Black coffee/green tea, 4 egg whites, 1 potato, and one apple.
6-7 egg whites with a protein shake
Rotis, 3-4 slices of steamed fish, Sprouts, sabji, dal, curd, and a carrot
Bajra, jowar, nachni rotis.
5. Night Snack:
3-4 egg whites, mashed potato, apple, orange, sweet lime or papaya
John Abraham uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
John Abraham has one the best and finest bodies around, which has come up only because of John Abraham’s workout routine which is too tough and highly intense.
With a weight of 209 pounds, John is well known for his muscular body in Bollywood.