What does Dacre Montgomery’s workout routine look like?
As the newest villain in the Netflix sci-fi thriller, Stranger Things, Dacre Montgomery is a rising star in the movie industry for his fierce looks, lean physique, and incredible acting chops.
He also starred in the 2017 Power Rangers reboot as the Red Ranger, where he reigned as the hero with killer abs.
If you’ve got a similar body type to this Australian stud, keep reading. We’re breaking down his workout routines, diet plan, and showing you how to achieve the classic Billy Hargrove abs.
Although we’ve done thorough research on Dacre’s diet and exercise regime, this article is not his exact workout routine.
It provides a general idea of what he does when training for a role, based on interviews, his own commentary, and information from trainers.
- Height: 5’10”
- Weight: 170 pounds
- Age: 27 years
- Birthday: November 22, 1994
- Accolades: Stranger Things nominations by Screen Actors Guild Awards and MTV Movie & TV Awards
Dacre didn’t play sports in school, nor did he fit in with the drama kids, which was hard on his mental health.
As an actor, Dacre found exercises that got him the results he needed for roles, no matter if he felt ‘athletic enough’ to be doing them.
He relies heavily on resistance band training and high reps to build dense muscle.
Dacre fuels his body with high protein food, avoids junk food, and is particular about his meat intake. When he isn’t trying to drop weight, he is less strict with his diet plan and often snacks.
Dacre Montgomery’s Workout Routine
To build lean muscle, Dacre completes a lot of basic bodybuilding exercises within his fitness routines. He also leans on cardio or activity training to keep his heart rate up and to burn calories when he needs to.
Here’s the Dacre Montgomery workout routine you’ve been waiting for:
Monday – Resistance Training
Dacre implemented resistance bands training into his workout routine while preparing for Stranger Things. Paired with light weights and high repetition training, it’s no surprise he got so cut.
Here’s a full-body resistance band training workout:
- Resistance band squats (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Resistance band push-up (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Resistance band star jump (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Resistance band pull-ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Resistance band sit-up (3 sets, 25 reps)
- Resistance band planks (3 sets, 60-second hold)
- Resistance band plank reach (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Resistance band crab walk (3 sets, 20 steps)
- Resistance band platypus walk (3 sets, 20 steps)
- Resistance band side to side Squats (3 sets, 20 reps)
Tuesday – Yoga
Dacre Montgomery adds yoga to his weekly routine and other stretching exercises that help lengthen his muscles while being easier on his body.
While Dacre is often focused on building lean muscle, yoga allows him to work other muscles in a low-impact way. He spends about an hour a week doing yoga.
Wednesday – Boxing
While preparing for his role in Stranger Things, Montgomery took up nighttime boxing classes to cut weight and build muscle. He loved the stress relief hitting a punching bag offered him.
Here are some boxing exercises Montgomery may perform during training for a full-body circuit that can be more effective than other exercises.
Thursday – Upper Body Weight Training
Dacre uses resistance bands for upper body weight training. He uses a mix of light weight, high reps, and static holds. Here’s a great strength training routine:
- Incline chest press (4 sets, 25 reps)
- Cable kickbacks (4 sets, 25 reps)
- Arnold Press (4 sets, 25 reps)
- Hack squat or goblet squats (4 sets, 25 reps)
- Lateral pulldowns (4 sets, 25 reps)
- Hammer curls (4 sets, 25 reps)
Friday – Running & Core
5-mile run on the treadmill
- Sit-ups (4 sets, 25 reps)
- Lying leg raises (4 sets, 25 reps)
- Bicycles (4 sets, 20 reps)
- Reverse crunches (4 sets, 25 reps)
- V-ups (4 sets, 20 reps)
Saturday – Legs & Core
- Box jumps (3 sets, 60 reps)
- Lunges with dumbbells (3 sets, 50 reps)
- Jump squats (3 sets, 40 reps)
- Mountain climbers (3 sets, 30 reps)
- V-Ups (3 sets, 10 20 reps)
- Burpees (3 sets, 10 reps)
Sunday – Stretching Exercises & Rest
The Dacre Montgomery workout routine is pretty intense, so he takes Sunday to stretch any sore muscles and let his body rest and recover.
Dacre Montgomery’s Diet
As Dacre prepared for roles in Stranger Things, his goal was to bulk up and build dense muscle.
The Dacre Montgomery diet plan includes lots of protein and low carb intake, with fresh veggies and fruits.
While Montgomery lost weight for Power Rangers, he watched his calorie intake.
Here is Dacre Montgomery’s diet:
- Steel-cut oats
- Egg whites
- Whole grain bread
- Grilled chicken breast or fish
- Fresh veggies
- Brown rice
- Steak or chicken
- Brown rice
When he was losing weight for Power Rangers and gaining weight for Stranger Things, Dacre used a few supplements to boost his diet plan. His supplement list likely included:
As you can see, Dacre Montgomery is not just an actor; he’s an athlete too.
From weight lifting to yoga, there’s no denying that this Power Ranger has got his workout routine and diet dialed in at his own pace.
To achieve the Dacre Montgomery body, you’ve got to eat high protein meals in your diet plan, mix in light exercises with heavy weights, and remain laser-focused on your goals.
Once you’ve got that taken care of, the results will come.