What are the best home saunas?
The best home sauna offers the convenience and wellness benefits of a state-of-the-art sauna in your own home.
Saunas can improve circulation, relieve stress, promote recovery after workouts, burn calories, remove toxins from the body, and much more.
Whether you’re looking for a portable sauna that you can bring on the go or a permanent unit for your home or fitness center, you’ll experience the same benefits regardless of what style you choose.
If you’re shopping for an infrared or a steam sauna, this article has the best home saunas that money can buy.
The 10 Best Home Saunas On The Market
Not sure where to start when it comes to the best options for home saunas? You’re in the right place. Our equipment lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable web sources.
You’ll find a variety of units that range in price, size, and functionality in this article. Here’s our list of the 10 best home saunas.
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. SereneLife Portable Steam Home Sauna
For a convenient portable sauna that you can pop up anywhere, the SereneLife Portable Sauna is a solid choice.
Ideal for your home, business, or any other facility, this indoor sauna is easy to set up and store away when your sauna experience is complete.
This portable sauna is ideal for detoxing, weight loss, stress relief, and improving symptoms related to illness and fatigue.
If you’re sore from a difficult strength training workout, steam saunas are an excellent way to relieve soreness; saunas can also restore the immune system from illness.
With timer settings that last up to 60 minutes, you can sit and relax in this home sauna while burning calories, detoxing, and relaxing after a long day or a hard workout.
This portable sauna comes in two styles: steam and infrared. Infrared saunas offer more effective skin penetration, increasing blood flow and detoxification while promoting more sweating.
Steam saunas excel at moisturizing the skin, easing sore muscles, and providing relief from congestion and illness.
Regardless of which style you decide on, SereneLife offers an affordable, quality sauna with impressive health benefits.
- Features comfortable sit-in design.
- Foldable chair included.
- Remote control for easy temperature adjustments, timer, and auto-heat settings.
- Compact, collapsible design can be easily folded and stored away.
- 1600-watt high-power heating elements.
- Choose from a steam sauna or an infrared sauna.
- Some reviewers claim the unit takes a long time to heat up.
- Not the best portable sauna option for people over 6’3″.
9. Golden Designs Dynamic Barcelona 1 to 2 Person Infrared Home Sauna
Improve skin tone, burn calories, and promote general health and circulation with the Golden Designs Dynamic Barcelona Infrared Sauna.
This one- to two-person sauna is ideal for the best home gyms, fitness facilities, or any place you want to enjoy sauna sessions.
Enjoy the many health benefits of chromotherapy, which works to balance your body through different colors and light vibrations to target various physical symptoms.
Not only is this infrared sauna effective, but it will also look beautiful in your home, gym, master bathroom, garage, or any other location.
With impressive energy efficiency features and easy-to-use temperature controls, this eco-friendly home sauna is a great investment.
- Features a chromotherapy reading light.
- Double-paneled walls retain heat more efficiently than other traditional steam models.
- Comfortably fits up to two people.
- Operates at a safe temperature of 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The roof vent ensures the safe circulation of heat and air.
- Built-in MP3 auxiliary connection and speakers.
- For indoor use only.
8. Kanlanth 1 to 2-Person Infrared Home Sauna
Enjoy all the benefits of spa life at home with the Kanlanth one- to two-person far infrared sauna.
This sauna offers convenient control features, including the ability to turn it on via an app and an LED reading light.
The infrared sauna is a great place to relax after a workout or a long day in the office or if you simply want to detox your body.
With temperatures reaching 149 degrees Fahrenheit, your personal sauna experience will be healing, thanks to the wellness benefits that far infrared heating offers the body.
- Made from reforested Canadian hemlock wood.
- Heats up faster than most saunas and wastes less energy.
- Can be installed on carpet and in any indoor setting.
- Features low EMF carbon crystal heating elements.
- Seat load up to 660 pounds.
- 6 mm clear tempered glass door and top roof vents for proper ventilation.
- Not suitable for someone over 6’2″.
7. BOTARO Maxxus Home Sauna
Elevate your sauna experience with the BOTARO Maxxus far infrared sauna. Designed for indoor use, this two-person sauna provides a relaxing sweat session in your own home.
With a wide, soft heat distribution thanks to its industry-leading wattage, this is one of the best home saunas money can buy. This sauna is thoughtfully engineered with foot and side panel heating elements.
The unit allows heat to penetrate the skin nearly 40% more than traditional saunas to maximize the therapeutic benefits.
Enjoy your favorite music, a podcast, or an audiobook as you unwind and enjoy the infrared heat warming and healing your body.
Far infrared saunas are known for their deep penetration of the skin, allowing for maximum healing, particularly for joint pain and the chronic pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Reforested Canadian hemlock wood offers energy-efficient heat insulation.
- Interior reading lamp to unwind with your favorite book.
- MP3 auxiliary connection with built-in speakers.
- Maximum temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 6 low EMF infrared carbon heating panels at 1750 watts.
- Soft touch control panel and LED display with temperature and time functionality.
- For indoor use only.
6. Dynamic Saunas Venice 2-Person Infrared Sauna
Enjoy a calming experience with the Dynamic Saunas Venice infrared at-home sauna.
Balance your body with effective chromotherapy vibration and light waves designed to penetrate the skin and treat various physical symptoms.
Infrared saunas heat up faster and are more energy efficient than other types of saunas.
The heating panels evenly distribute the temperature throughout the unit to keep you relaxed and comfortable.
- Six dynamic low EMF far infrared carbon heating panels.
- Built-in speakers and MP3 auxiliary connection.
- Comfortably fits two people.
- Made with reforested Canadian hemlock wood.
- Bronze privacy tempered glass doors and windows maintain a clean aesthetic in your home.
- The maximum temperature is 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Some reviewers say it takes over an hour to warm up.
- Difficult assembly.
5. BlueWave HeatWave 2-Person Infrared Home Sauna
Warm your core temperature, reduce joint pain, and loosen achy muscles with the HeatWave far infrared sauna from BlueWave.
You’ll enjoy an ergonomic backrest and various other thoughtful features to ensure you have a relaxing sauna experience every time.
Unlike traditional steam saunas, infrared saunas use advanced therapy as a heat source to warm the body rather than heating the surrounding air.
The result is a lower temperature in the unit, thanks to infrared heat, and safer conditions for the body to heal.
Enjoy a pleasant environment as you de-stress in your home sauna; relieve stress, muscle and joint pain; and sweat out any toxins in your body.
Follow up your sauna session using a therapeutic massage gun to help your muscles relax and recover.
- Made with five ceramic infrared heating elements for balanced heat throughout your sauna.
- Full-spectrum chromotherapy lighting system and ambient lighting.
- Interior and exterior recessed lighting with bronze-tinted tempered glass for privacy.
- Easy-to-use LED panel and auxiliary input, CD player, and radio.
- Seats up to two adults comfortably.
- Maximum temperature of 141 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The company’s customer service department is lacking.
- Takes a while to heat up to maximum temperature.
4. Dynamic Golden Designs Andora 2 Person Dry Heat Home Sauna
Bring spa days home with the Dynamic Andora infrared two-person sauna.
With its sleek look, you’ll love having this home sauna in your bathroom, fitness room, office, garage, or any other indoor setting.
Enjoy the relaxing infrared rays from this at-home sauna and reap the benefits of chromotherapy.
Infrared models offer unparalleled heating technology, energy efficient infrared panels, and safe temperatures for recovering and healing. This sauna is high quality and easy to assemble and use, making it one of the best home saunas on the market.
- Six dynamic low EMF far Infrared carbon heating panels provide an even heating experience.
- Ideal temperature of 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- MP3 auxiliary connection and built-in speakers.
- Tempered glass door creates a private, calming atmosphere.
- Assembly takes less than an hour.
- No special wiring required.
- Some reviewers have had issues with the company’s customer support department.
- Difficult assembly.
3. Xmatch 4-Person Infrared Wooden Home Sauna
Relax and detox in comfort and style with the Xmatch four-person sauna, designed for outdoor use.
Set the sauna to your desired temperature and come back in 10 minutes when it’s ready to go.
This sauna has many convenient extra features, including multiple speakers, reading lamps, and plenty of room to share with four people in total.
Ideal for fitness centers, offices, and other shared spaces, this outdoor home sauna is a great investment if you are prioritizing your health and wellness through holistic methods.
- Made from kiln-dried premium hemlock wood.
- Includes four chromotherapy lights.
- Bluetooth connection with smartphone or tablet and two built-in speakers.
- Auto switch-off at a maximum temperature of 149 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Maximum seating capacity of 660 pounds.
- Features eight heating plates for thorough, evenly dispersed heat throughout the sauna.
- For outdoor use only.
- Not ideal for people over 6 feet tall.
2. MCP 4-Person Outdoor Barrel Home Sauna
For a unique home sauna, look no further than the outdoor barrel MCP four-person sauna.
Over 6 feet long and able to seat four people, this sauna is roomy and ideal for fitness centers, home gyms, or any large space.
This unit features a 9 kw sauna heater that can be used with lava rocks; you have plenty of heating options when it comes to this barrel sauna.
This unit comes with a bucket and ladle, so users can create steam for their ideal sauna environment.
For a larger at-home sauna option, the outdoor barrel sauna is a great choice, and the quality couldn’t be better.
- Made from Grade A Canadian pine.
- Four-person capacity.
- Can be used outdoors or indoors.
- Can be used as a wet or dry sauna.
- Maximum temperature of 180 to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 63-inch long bench for relaxation.
- Professional wiring is required.
1. Medical Breakthrough 2-Person Infrared Home Sauna
The Medical Breakthrough two-person sauna checks every box and will blow you away with its quality, extra features, and many health benefits.
Designed by doctors and other health care professionals, this infrared sauna spa treats a variety of ailments while providing a luxurious, relaxing experience.
Unlike a traditional sauna, Medical Breakthrough home saunas are highly energy efficient and won’t add much to your electric bill each month.
Using this sauna, many users have seen improvements in their sleep patterns, muscle healing, pain relief, and much more.
- Features chromatic therapy, carbon heater technology, and full-spectrum heating elements.
- Removable benches and seats allow users to stretch, do yoga, and engage in other relaxation techniques.
- Includes relaxation backrests, so you can recline while inside.
- Full-spectrum heaters offer 3D heat therapy.
- Made with natural hemlock wood for maximum heat insulation.
- Includes a sleek interior LED control panel for easy setting changes.
- Expensive price point, but you get what you pay for.
FAQs About Home Saunas
Shopping for saunas can be overwhelming; with all the options available, it can be difficult to know what type of sauna is best for your needs.
Get all your questions answered here.
Q: What Type Of Sauna Is Best For Home?
Infrared saunas are the ideal option for the home.
They’re more energy efficient than traditional saunas, cost less money to run on a regular basis, and come in a variety of styles to fit into the space you have.
If you live in a smaller space, most portable saunas require minimal room and can be set up quickly and easily.
For larger designated areas, you’ll have great options for an infrared or steam sauna of your choice.
Q: What Are The Benefits Of A Sauna?
There have been many studies showing the health benefits of sauna bathing on the human body.
Evidence suggests that using a sauna can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, arthritis, headaches, and the flu.
Additionally, regular sauna use has been shown to lower cortisol levels, which are linked to stress and anxiety.
Particularly for workouts, saunas can ease soreness after a heavy lower or upper-body workout.
Other therapeutic benefits of a sauna include pain relief, reduced symptoms of chronic fatigue, improved sleep, and toxin flushing.
Q: Do Saunas Use A Lot Of Electricity?
On average, infrared saunas will add about $5 to your electricity bill per week, depending on how often you use them.
Infrared saunas are extremely energy efficient because they run at lower temperatures than other types of saunas, therefore using less energy.
Traditional steam saunas can easily run up an electricity bill because of the high energy consumption required to get the sauna hot and to maintain the temperature.
Q: Do Saunas Require A Lot Of Maintenance?
Saunas are fairly low maintenance and require minimal cleaning. Most companies recommend cleaning your sauna once a month with mild detergent and warm water.
After each use, be sure to wipe down the sauna with towels to remove excess moisture and leave the sauna door open, so the sauna can properly air dry before the next use.
Q: Is It OK To Use A Sauna Every Day?
Dry saunas and sauna bathing have many potential health benefits, but there are adverse reactions that can happen if people use a sauna too often.
Most healthcare professionals recommend using the sauna three to four days a week for 30 minutes to an hour at a time.
Any more than that may put you at risk of dehydration, headaches, and dizziness, particularly if you’re sitting in temperatures hotter than 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
To treat soreness, saunas can be used in conjunction with a foam roller to combat stiff muscles and get you back to the gym faster after recovery.
The health and relaxation benefits of infrared and portable saunas are reason enough for many people to invest in them.
Saunas are ideal for those with medical conditions to treat discomfort and for those looking for relief after a long day or challenging workout.
Whether you go the traditional steam route or choose an infrared version for more energy efficiency, we’re confident you will love having a sauna at your fingertips!
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best home saunas:
- Medical Breakthrough 2-Person Infrared Home Sauna
- MCP 4-Person Outdoor Barrel Home Sauna
- Xmatch 4-Person Infrared Wooden Home Sauna
- Dynamic Golden Designs Andora 2-Person Dry Heat Home Sauna
- BlueWave HeatWave 2-Person Infrared Home Sauna
- Dynamic Saunas Venice 2-Person Infrared Sauna
- BOTARO Maxxus Home Sauna
- Kanlanth 1 to 2-Person Infrared Home Sauna
- Golden Designs Dynamic Barcelona 1- to 2-Person Infrared Home Sauna
- SereneLife Portable Steam Home Sauna