What are the best air bikes?
For a low-impact exercise option, the air bike is an effective way to increase your heart rate and target muscle groups all throughout the body.
Many athletes that focus on weight training don’t get enough cardio, so the air bike is a simple way to experience the many benefits of cardio without having to go outside for a run or walk.
In this article, we are highlighting the best air bikes of various sizes, price points, and designs. This way, you can easily determine which product is best for you and your fitness goals in the long term.
The 10 Best Air Bikes
Our product lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable web sources.
In this article, we are highlighting the best air bikes in terms of quality, durability, features, and price, so you can make an informed decision for your fitness equipment.
Here’s our list of the 10 best air bikes:
In A Rush? Here’s our top pick:
10. GYMAX Upright Air Bike
Enjoy 10 seat levels and unlimited resistance on the GYMAX Upright Air Bike. With a chain drive mechanism for a smooth ride, you’ll forget you’re even working out on this exercise bike.
Gain access to all your workout data with the LCD monitor, including time, speed, distance, and calories for an effective workout every time.
- 8-blade performance fan
- Air resistance system and belt chain drive
- Sweat absorbent handle for better grip during rides
- Convenient device holder
- Anti-slip pedal and adjustable foot strap
- Padded seat for additional comfort
- Maximum weight capacity is 243 pounds; not for heavier individuals
For an affordable, compact, and portable air bike, GYMAX provides an effective full-body workout for athletes of all skill levels.
If you’re looking for the best budget air bike money can buy, this is a great option that won’t cost a pretty penny.
Exercise won’t be boring with the convenient device holder, and you will definitely stay cool with the powerful exposed fan as you ride.
9. Goplus Air Bike
Building the best home gyms means you’ll need a compact exercise bike to complete your collection.
The GoPlus Air Bike has tons to offer in terms of functionality, features, a lightweight design, and challenging levels to conquer.
Various height level adjustments and sweat-absorbent handles ensure your comfort during every ride.
- Soft, foam-covered handles for a secure grip
- LCD display conveys exercise data
- Built-in wheels for easy portability
- The compact size makes it easy to transport
- 8 fan blades for unlimited resistance
- This is a lightweight option, not for heavy users
For a quiet, smooth ride, the GoPlus Air Bike has added all the most effective features to ensure riders are satisfied with their bike.
Its compact size makes it ideal for use in smaller rooms, and it’s easy to store away if you don’t need it out all the time. Track your workout data thanks to the performance monitor and watch your fitness level improve in time.
8. Marcy Exercise Upright Air Bike
Work hard and keep cool with the Marcy Exercise Upright Air Bike in your home or at the gym.
This bike’s unique design, along with its heavy-duty steel frame tubing and scratch-resistant finish, make it a solid choice for various fitness levels.
Pedal your heart out and target specific muscle groups through dual-action exercise arms in conjunction with the best upper body exercises.
- High-density foam seat for comfort
- Dual action exercise arms
- Premium steel frame for durability and regular use
- A high-tech LCD monitor acts as an odometer
- Accommodates a variety of users with an adjustable seat
- Some reviewers have issues with the comfort of the seat
For a budget air bike that checks every box, the Marcy Exercise Bike is a great option for high-intensity interval training (HIIT) on an upright fan bike.
Improve your speed, agility, and stamina as you tear it up on this air bike.
As you add fitness equipment to your home gym, finding great quality for affordable prices is a huge accomplishment.
The Marcy brand certainly offers a quality indoor cycling bike that won’t break the bank.
7. XTERRA Fitness AIR650 Air Bike Pro
Power through any full-body workout with the XTERRA Fitness AIR650 Air Bike Pro.
Designed for performance and comfort, this is one of the best air bikes money can buy. The large LCD display makes tracking every ride simple and easy to understand.
With ergonomic handlebars and a comfortable seat, riders of all shapes and sizes will find the right seat and height adjustment that works for them.
- Heavy-duty chain drive system
- Large 6.6″ LCD display
- 9-blade flywheel with unlimited resistance
- Knurled foot pegs to target the upper body
- Installed program modes for easy workouts
- Designed for long-lasting use with a durable steel frame
- Some users have had difficulty assembling this air bike
For durability and comfort, look no further than the XTERRA Fitness Air Bike. It seats athletes up to 350 pounds and offers durability through its steel frame and belt drive system.
Knurled foot pegs are designed for grip when you’re targeting the upper body, a feature that other air bikes do not offer.
6. Sunny Health & Fitness Fan Air Tornado Exercise Bike
As far as the stationary bike goes, the Sunny Health Fitness Fan Air Tornado exercise bike is a fantastic option for users of all sizes.
With a slim design and features that make it easy to transport, it’s a great addition to a bedroom, home office, or any other tight space.
- Maximum weight capacity 330 pounds
- Upgraded steel crank allows for heavy, fast rides
- 27.5-inch fan creates impressive wind and cooling effects
- Full motion exercise arms
- Device holder and performance monitor
- Self-leveling pedals create balance and security
- Difficult assembly for many users
For a high-intensity, low-impact workout, air bikes are a solid addition to any fitness routine.
Exercise bikes should be easy to transport, not overly clunky or in the way, and still provide a challenging workout to improve cardiovascular health and overall wellness.
Sunny Health Fitness is a trusted brand in the air bike space, and the Fan Air Tornado is no exception.
5. Leike Fitness Upright Air Bike
Smash your fitness goals with the Leike Fitness Upright Air Bike, designed to be one of the best indoor cycling bikes on the market.
Unlike other bikes, the Leike Fitness model offers a unique air resistance system that will knock your socks off.
With professional add-ons like steel foot pedals, footpegs, and dual-action handlebars, you’ll be amazed at what you can achieve on this traditional air bike.
- Non-slip handrails and foot supports
- 9 height adjustable seat options
- Maximum weight capacity is 300 pounds
- Curved ergonomic seat design
- Professional alloy steel pedals
- Gears were squeaky for some users
- Difficult assembly
For intense workouts from home, Leike Fitness tracks calories burned and will keep fitness enthusiasts thrilled with every sweaty workout they endure.
Enjoy HIIT workouts, unlimited resistance levels, and quality features that will keep you coming back for more.
Whether you’re interested in interval training or working both the upper and lower body, this is a good air bike to achieve your fitness goals.
4. Assault Air Bike Classic
The Assault Bike is a classic piece of cardio equipment that belongs in every gym setting.
A modern take on the traditional exercise bike, the Assault Air Bike offers a quiet ride, adjustable seat, and many other new features that impress.
Ramp up resistance levels as you push down on the pedals and work your arms simultaneously.
- Pivot points provide a smooth, durable ride
- Unlimited resistance for upper and lower body
- 20 sealed ball bearings throughout the frame
- An aluminum frame made from alloy steel
- Maximum user weight 350 pounds
- The advanced computer display shows various workout data points
- Expensive price point
- Difficult assembly
For decades, Assault Fitness has made a durable air bike that helps athletes hit their goals and this air bike does just that.
If you’re on the hunt for air bike models that push you to your limits and challenge you every step of the way, the Assault Fitness bike is a bike like no other.
3. Bells of Steel Blitz Air Bike
The Bells of Steel Blitz Air Bike is a stationary bike with a belt drive system for a smooth, enjoyable ride every time.
This heavy-duty air bike is ideal for a home gym or in any commercial setting.
With thoughtful features like a device and water bottle holder, any athlete can use this spin bike as part of their fitness routine.
- 350-pound maximum weight capacity
- Built to last from durable alloy steel
- Extra-large padded seat for comfort
- Heavy-duty rubber belt for a smoother ride
- 25-inch fan offers more resistance levels
- Seat adjustment may have some issues
For an upright bike with a powerful belt drive, look no further than the Bells of Steel Stationary Blitz Air Bike.
Fan bikes should provide a challenge while remaining comfortable and durable, and this model is one of the best air bikes in the game.
2. Concept2 BikeErg 2900 Air Bike
The Concept2 Air Bike provides a high quality workout with more features and functionality than traditional air bikes can offer.
While most air bikes use a fan to power resistance, the Concept2 incorporates proven flywheel technology for a smooth, quiet ride.
- 300-pound weight capacity
- Lightweight unit at just 68 pounds
- Performance monitor provides workout data like calories burned
- Aluminum frame for durability
- Adjustable seat height and handlebar positions
- Flywheel design for interval training
- Expensive price point
From general conditioning to high-intensity interval training, the Concept2 air bike offers an upper and lower body workout for any fitness level.
Cruising a flat road or climbing the highest mountains on other spin bikes isn’t always a smooth transition.
Thanks to the flywheel technology on this bike, users will enjoy tough intervals and smooth rest periods. Add it to your home gym for intense cardio sessions, cool-downs, and everything in between.
1. Assault AirBike Elite
The best air bike on our list is, without a doubt, the Assault AirBike Elite!
To get our vote as the best overall air bike, we considered quality, durability, features, and user reviews. As a brand, it’s no surprise that AssaultFitness would receive the vote as best air bike on this list.
For years, the brand has provided bikes that train athletes of all calibers to improve their endurance and cardiovascular health while offering low-impact exercise.
The AirBike Elite is no different. With pre-installed HIIT interval programs, upper and lower body workout options, and performance tracking, it’s no wonder so many opt for this brand.
- Adjustable height and bike seats
- 350-pound maximum weight capacity
- Integrated LCD display for performance tracking
- Solid steel frame and corrosion resistance
- Ability to pedal forward and backward
- Multiple grip variations
- Uncomfortable seat
Where other bikes fall short, the AssaultFitness AirBike checks every box. It’s the best air bike for a reason, after all.
This durable fan bike allows athletes to pedal forward and backward for workout variation and offers fantastic muscle group engagement.
It’s a premium air bike for athletes in various phases of their fitness journey. You won’t regret adding this air bike to your home gym or any commercial environment.
FAQs About Air Bikes
When shopping for cardio equipment, there are many factors to consider before making a purchase.
Whether this is your first air bike or you’re a seasoned pro, get your questions answered here to ensure you’re purchasing a decent bike for the price.
Q: What is the purpose of an air bike?
Air bikes are designed as a quick way to increase heart rate, burn fat, and work up a sweat in between other training sessions (like in a CrossFit environment).
When you get on an air bike, the speed at which you pedal creates resistance and provides the lower body with a solid burn.
Similar to how the best exercise bikes can help with rehabilitation, air bikes are low-impact and easy on the body. This makes it a solid piece of equipment for any athlete and any fitness journey.
Q: Is an air bike a good workout?
For intense full-body training, the air bike is a great way to burn calories and get an aerobic workout in.
With moderate resistance, many air bikes can burn fat faster than traditional air bikes do. Using a fan bike in your training or weight loss journey will yield effective results.
Many experience results similar to a focused strength training program, including muscle development and endurance improvements.
Q: How often should you use an air bike?
Depending on your fitness level and goals, incorporating an air bike into your regime is a safe, low-impact way to get cardio exercise.
If you are focused on weight loss, regular interval training should be performed between three and five times per week for optimal results.
Most users spend anywhere between 10 and 20 minutes on an air bike to work up a sweat and get the heart pumping.
Q: What is the difference between an air bike and an assault bike?
Air bikes and assault bikes have many of the same features, functionality, and design.
Assault bikes always include dual-action handlebars for an intensified workout that targets the upper body as well as the lower body.
Air bikes sometimes offer a flywheel instead of a fan and may offer other modern features like the LCD monitor and display for performance tracking.
Q: Are air bikes worth it?
If you’re on the hunt for low-impact exercise equipment, the air bike is an effective choice.
From its compact design to the full-body workouts it supports, athletes of all calibers can benefit from the regular use of an air bike.
Fortunately, you don’t have to break the bank to add an air bike to your home gym. This list contains the best budget bike, high-end bike, and many great products in between.
The best air bikes offer a safe, comfortable, and challenging workout for any skill level.
Air bikes are ideal for low-impact movements that help prevent injury while still providing a resistance-heavy workout.
Whether you’re an athlete, gym owner, or a certified personal trainer looking to add an air bike to your repertoire, this article has the latest and greatest options to choose from.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best air bikes:
- Assault AirBike Elite
- Concept2 BikeErg 2900 Air Bike
- Bells of Steel Blitz Air Bike Bike
- Assault Air Bike Classic
- Leike Fitness Upright Air Bike
- Sunny Health & Fitness Fan Air Tornado Exercise Bike
- XTERRA Fitness AIR650 Air Bike Pro
- Marcy Exercise Upright Air Bike
- Goplus Air Bike
- GYMAX Upright Air Bike