The 10 Best Curved Treadmills
What are the best curved treadmills?
Curved treadmills have seen a recent uptick in popularity, and we know why. Designed for low-impact running and power walking, the curved treadmill appeals to the masses.
If you’re on the hunt for a curved treadmill to take your fitness to the next level, you’re in luck.
In this article, we’re highlighting the best curved treadmills in terms of quality, durability, features, and functionality.
The 10 Best Curved Treadmills
Our equipment lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable web sources.
When reviewing products, we take into account customer reviews, product cost and various budgets, and warranty information to ensure we are recommending the best equipment money can buy.
Here’s our list of the 10 best curved treadmills:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Signature Fitness SF-S2 Sprint Demon Curved Treadmill
Designed for HIIT (high-intensity interval training), the Signature Fitness SF-S2 Sprint Demon curved treadmill can also serve athletes doing circuit training, sprinting, and power walking.
With transport wheels and a weight of just 60 pounds, this curved treadmill is easy to move around as necessary.
It increases the intensity between running and walking so runners will feel the difference during training and can confidently increase their speed as they see fit.
- Maximum speed is 25 mph
- Burns up to 30 percent more calories than a motorized treadmill
- Flexible slats offer cloud absorption for a lightweight feel
- Enjoy less stress on your joints and better muscle activation
- Three resistance levels: low, medium, and high
- 300-pound maximum weight limit
- Not ideal for heavier users
For a lightweight curved treadmill, the Signature Fitness SF-S2 Sprint Demon has thoughtful features and functionality that make it a great choice for runners.
Whether you’re doing sprint training or just want a more compact treadmill in your home gym, this curved treadmill is a worthy choice.
From new runners to seasoned pros, any athlete can benefit from this piece of equipment in their fitness routine.
9. NNI Fitness Curved Treadmill
Improve your running form with the NNI Fitness curved treadmill, designed to force the body to adjust if the foot strikes the tread incorrectly or if posture or hip positions seem off.
Developing proper running form is key to becoming a long-term runner.
The NNI curved treadmill can help athletes of all calibers establish the correct form and posture during movement.
- Has a durable alloy steel frame
- The maximum weight limit is 350 pounds
- Comes with a LED battery display screen to display stats
- RBT and responsive tread creates a natural running space
- Battery-powered, manual treadmill
- Protects the knees and other joints
- Expensive price point
If you’re on the hunt for a manual treadmill that will train your body to perfect its running form, NNI Fitness offers a sturdy frame and lightweight option.
With an 8-gear resistance regulation, this curved treadmill makes it easy to operate regardless of what your physical needs are.
Control speed and intensity by setting your own pace on this curved treadmill.
8. MiM USA 7007XL Curved Treadmill
For a commercial-grade curved treadmill, MiM USA’s 7007XL presents the latest technology and superior materials for a great customer experience.
Performing a cardio and strength training workout may not seem possible on most flat belt manual treadmills, but on the MiM model, it certainly is.
Created Resistance offers strength training during cardio for a full-body workout. Train for strength, speed, agility, and endurance with this curved treadmill in manual mode.
- Maximum speed is 20 mph
- Made from alloy steel
- Maximum weight capacity is 350 pounds
- 5-year warranty on the frame
- The LED display includes information on calories burned, distance, and time
- Heavier option; may be more difficult to move
Enjoy advanced training features like speed control and self-power generation with a quality commercial-grade curved treadmill.
Whether you’re furnishing a corporate gym or your own home, the MiM 7007XL offers a high max speed and a max user weight for a range of users and skill levels.
It’s also designed to withstand heavy, regular use and to last for many years.
7. Vortex Strength Motorless Curved Speed Treadmill
Burn more calories than a motorized treadmill with the Vortex Strength Motorless Curved Speed Treadmill.
Reduce your risk of injury with a low-impact design that is easy on the knees and other important joints.
The Vortex Strength is designed for all types of workouts and is one of the best curved treadmills on the market.
- Max user weight is 350 pounds
- Max incline percentage is 15
- Programs target time, calories burned, distance, speed, and watts
- Zero electrical consumption
- Designed specifically for corporate settings, not compact for home use
Protect your body and improve your speed and agility with the Vortex Strength Motorless curved treadmill.
Perform high-intensity interval training, sprint intervals, and power walking from the same piece of equipment.
Learn to maintain speed and target specific muscle groups all from the comfort of a non-motorized treadmill.
6. SB Fitness Equipment CT700 Self-Generated Curved Treadmill
Perform versatile workouts with the SB Fitness Self-Generated Curved Treadmill. You’ll activate more muscle groups and burn more calories than you would on traditional treadmills.
Build lower body strength and endurance through eight effective resistance levels and no maximum speed.
With a heavy user weight capacity and more durable features and design, it’s no wonder the SB Fitness curved manual treadmill made this list.
- 8 resistance levels
- Front digital console with useful user data
- Quick speed adjustments for HIIT training
- Max weight capacity 475 pounds
- Remove the impact on knees, hips, and ankles
- Assembly is challenging for some
Successfully activate the quads, hamstrings, and calf muscles, and target the glutes in an intense curved treadmill workout as you’ve never experienced before.
Whether you’re adding this to your home gym setup or in a commercial gym setting, know this model offers extremely effective high-intensity interval training for athletes of all skill levels.
5. WOLFMATE Fitness Air Runner Curved Treadmill
Designed for walking, jogging, sprinting, and intervals, the WOLFMATE Fitness Air Runner curved treadmill offers a variety of training for every athlete.
Thoughtful, functional design features include a bold main frame, anti-slip nylon belt, natural arm and hand position, and intensity control.
Regardless of skill, fitness enthusiasts of all shapes and sizes will find value in the WOLFMATE.
- 30 percent maximum incline
- Burns 60 percent more calories than a traditional treadmill
- 8-level adjustable resistor for power training
- Rubber belt provides a cushion against injury and strain
- 60’’ x 17’’ running area
- Load-bearing handrail for durability and safety
- Heavy to move
- Assembly is difficult
Investing in a WOLFMATE curved treadmill is a wise choice for smaller gyms or homes that have multiple people using it.
Since curved treadmills burn more calories than traditional electric motor treadmills do, this model is a solid choice for those on a weight loss journey or wanting to more burn calories in each workout.
4. Assault Fitness Assault Runner Pro
The Assault Fitness Assault Runner Pro offers a low-impact design for a lower risk of injury while running on zero electrical consumption.
As far as curved treadmills go, it checks every box. From the onboard programs that track time, distance, and calories to the convenience of Bluetooth connectivity, it’s easy to see why it’s such a popular model.
- Max user weight capacity is 350 pounds
- Max speed is 20 mph
- Portable but durable design
- The meter tracks speed, calories, heart rate, distance
- Made from durable alloy steel
- The belt is quiet and smooth
- Unresponsive customer service
- Heavy to move by yourself
For an affordable spin on a highly technical curved treadmill, the Assault Fitness Assault Runner Pro offers speed training, durability, and an overall intense workout.
Ideal for any fitness level, the Assault Runner Pro will be a valuable addition to your workout regime and overall health.
3. IN10CT Health Runner Curved Treadmill
Alternate between moderate and high-intensity workouts with the IN10CT Health Runner Curved Treadmill.
From sprint intervals and high-intensity interval training to power walking, this curved treadmill is designed for speed control by the user.
Run, walk, or jog at your own pace in a way you can’t with electric treadmills.
- Max speed is 50 mph
- Rubber slats and PU slat belts reduce shock and tension
- Transport wheels make it easy to move
- Track time, distance, calories, and more with performance monitoring
- Max user weight is 400 pounds
- Flaws in the console
- Large and difficult to assemble alone
For larger users who want to train harder and faster, the IN10CT checks every box. Speeds allow you to train at your own pace, while transport wheels make it easy to move around as necessary.
Ideal for any athlete or personal trainer, users can burn up to 30 percent more calories with motorized treadmills.
2. SpeedFit Speedboard ProXL
Invest in the original curved treadmill by SpeedFit. The Speedboard ProXL is an ideal choice for beginners, long-time athletes, and everyone in between.
With impressive shock absorption and lower impact on the knees, ankles, and hips, the SpeedFit is undeniably one of the best manual treadmills in the game.
- Maximum weight capacity is 400 pounds
- Use a short-time sprint running pace for interval training
- 5,000 personal workout options within the treadmill
- Soft tread belt matches stride and reduces joint stress
- Commercial-grade design for consistent use
- LCD Monitor displays training stats
- Difficult to reach customer service
From CrossFit training to sprint intervals, every athlete can benefit from time spent on the SpeedFit Speedboard ProXL.
It’s a completely manual treadmill that helps athletes of all calibers realize their full potential through running.
1. NOHrD Sprintbok Curved Manual Treadmill
Without further ado, we’ve arrived at our number one curved treadmill! The NOHrD Sprintbok is undoubtedly the best manual treadmill that money can buy.
Train your posterior chain muscles through pre-designed running workouts while perfecting your foot strike and overall form.
Designed from natural walnut wood for durability, this treadmill adjusts to a user’s strength input and running style with ease.
Burn more calories, improve your form, and prevent injury or strain on your body with responsive belt technology.
All of these features make it a no-brainer as our number-one choice for athletes, personal trainers, and gym settings.
It’s an investment worth making into your personal fitness journey, and you won’t regret it.
- The frame is made from solid wood for vibration reduction
- Sturdy handlebar and touchscreen LCD display
- 62 wooden slats for flexible shock absorption
- Max user weight is 350 pounds
- Track performance data during use
- Maintenance-free for user convenience and long-term use
- High price item
Enjoy a natural running experience like no other with the Sprintbok Curved Treadmill.
For a sleek design, thoughtful features, and impeccable quality, Sprintbok is a top curved treadmill choice.
Running will become a more natural movement for users of all fitness levels with this treadmill.
FAQs About Curved Treadmills
As you search for the best curved treadmill for your fitness goals, there are a few things to consider along the way.
Get your questions answered and learn about the features and functionality of curved treadmills in this FAQ section.
Q: What is the point of a curved treadmill?
Curved treadmills are designed for more natural human movement that is powered solely by the user.
It mimics outdoor running versus an electric treadmill, which can be jarring on the body and difficult to adjust to if you are new to running.
A curved treadmill has a slatted running surface that requires the user to propel it forward using their own strength and stamina.
Runners can burn more calories, improve their form, and engage more muscle groups, including the lower back and essential core muscles, that they need to power through intense workouts.
Q: Are curved treadmills better?
When compared to a traditional treadmill, a curved treadmill is different in a few ways.
For one, curved treadmills are significantly less harmful to the body’s important joints, like the knees, ankles, and hips.
This is because the rubber slats help to absorb the impact typically experienced from running outdoors on the pounding pavement.
Runners can adjust their own speed on curved treadmills, making them ideal for sprint training and high-intensity interval training.
Q: Do you run faster on a curved treadmill?
Most curved treadmills have no minimum or maximum speed because they are completely controlled by the person using the machine.
You set the pace without having to wait for the belt to catch up. This makes curved treadmills a great piece of equipment for sprint training and intervals.
High-intensity interval training, or sprint training, is a research-backed effective method for weight loss and fat burning. The faster you run on a curved treadmill, the more effort you are exerting and the more calories burned.
Q: Are curved treadmills harder to run?
Curved treadmills require the user to propel the machine forward; there’s no electricity or automatic tread involved.
In order for the treadmill to keep moving, the runner must stay in motion. This requires more energy exertion and engages every entire leg muscle in the process.
To increase the pace of a curved treadmill, the user has to exert more effort. For some, this makes curved treadmills a more challenging workout, but it is entirely controlled by the runner.
In time, you will build endurance and muscle mass in your legs through bodyweight exercises and lifting weights. At that point, using a curved treadmill for running will become easier but still challenging.
There’s also a slight learning curve when transitioning from a traditional treadmill to a curved one. The body and the mind have to adjust to the feel of the belt beneath the feet.
Q: Is a curved treadmill good for walking?
Walking on a curved treadmill is a great low-impact exercise that will strengthen the glutes, hamstrings, and quads.
Many people use curved treadmills as they get into fitness to establish proper running form while preventing injury or strain on the joints.
If you let it, a curved treadmill can transform the way you view running and improve your overall physical fitness.
Whether you’re shopping for a treadmill for your home gym or researching the commercial variations, we’re confident this list has the right product for you.
For a safe, durable piece of gym equipment that can train so many muscle groups while also improving cardio fitness, we think the curved treadmill is a must-have.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best curved treadmills:
- NOHrD Sprintbok Curved Manual Treadmill
- SpeedFit Speedboard ProXL
- IN10CT Health Runner Curved Treadmill
- Assault Fitness Assault Runner Pro
- WOLFMATE Fitness Air Runner Curved Treadmill
- SB Fitness Equipment CT700 Self-Generated Curved Treadmill
- Vortex Strength Motorless Curved Speed Treadmill
- MiM USA 7007XL Curved Treadmill
- NNI Fitness Curved Treadmill
- Signature Fitness SF-S2 Sprint Demon Curved Treadmill
What’s your favorite curved treadmill on this list? Leave a comment below.
SEARCH THE SITE