What are the best boxing gloves for men?
Boxing is a popular combat sport, and there is one must-have item that all athletes need — boxing gloves.
When shopping for boxing gloves, consider the weight, padding, and material of any gloves you are considering. These features are arguably the most important and will ensure your safety.
In this article, we’re highlighting the best premium boxing gloves for athletes and beginners of all skill levels and ages.
The 10 Best Boxing Gloves For Men
We research the best-reviewed products from reputable web sources in order to provide the best recommendations for you.
Our considerations include quality, durability, the brand or manufacturer, the cost of the product, and user reviews.
Here’s our list of the 10 best boxing gloves for men:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Everlast Elite Pro Style Training Gloves
When working with a punching bag, a solid pair of boxing gloves is absolutely essential. Fortunately, the best gloves for boxing don’t have to cost you a pretty penny.
The Everlast Elite Pro Style training gloves welcome novices and beginners to the sport with premium leather and proper protection to keep them coming back for more.
You’ll find a secure fit, comfortable fit, and lightweight design that is ideal for any boxing match.
- A great price point for training gloves
- Everfresh treatment prevents odor and spread of bacteria
- Moisture-wicking material removes sweat from the hands
- Padding stabilizes the hands and wrists
- Closed cell foam technology for gripping power
- Made of premium synthetic leather
- The Velcro strap does not wrap all the way around
- Wrist support is lacking
For the price, these Everlast gloves offer beginners a solid amount of wrist protection and a lightweight feel.
Whether you’re sparring or working with a bag, Everlast provides an option that is both durable and comfortable for any sized athlete.
Your hands will stay cool during fights as you learn to navigate the ring, perfect your technique, and gain confidence in the sport.
9. Ringside Bullet Boxing Gloves
Amateur and professional boxers alike can benefit from the ample protection that Ringside Bullet Boxing Gloves provide.
These quality sparring gloves support the wrists and absorb and disperse the shock from impact.
In heavy combinations, these boxing gloves will protect both you and your opponent. Like in most combat sports, a reliable boxing glove is essential for the safety of both fighters.
- Molded foam padding
- Moisture-wicking inner lining
- Ventilated mesh palm for breathability
- Made from StrikForce synthetic leather
- Hook and loop closure
- Strike force leather for durability
- Some reviewers had issues with the stitching after use
For an affordable pair of gloves that offer wrist protection, ventilation, and foam padding, Ringside sparring gloves are a great choice.
These gloves are ideal for amateurs that are new to a boxing gym. This pair of boxing gloves will keep your wrists safe while allowing you to develop sparring skills during training.
Whether you’re working out in a home gym setting or heading to the gym for a workout, you won’t regret making this purchase.
8. Venum Giant 3.0 Boxing Gloves
Protect the hands and fingers with the Venum Giant 3.0 Boxing Gloves. These gloves feature a unique design, thumb protection, and maximum comfort.
From sparring to clinching, boxers will enjoy these quality boxing gloves in the ring.
While other gloves are heavy and clunky, these 8-ounce leather gloves are lightweight and easy to fight and move with.
Training new fighters and developing skills are ideal for lightweight gloves because they’re easy to use and develop a perfect form.
- Made with 100 percent Nappa leather
- Padded by triple-density foam
- Longer cuffs for additional wrist protection
- Smooth inner lining for fast drying to keep hands cool
- Moisture-wicking properties for odor prevention
- Handmade in Thailand
- Velcro becomes loose quickly after use
For palm, thumb, wrist, and knuckle protection, the Venum Giant boxing gloves keep the hands safe and cool in the ring.
With powerful moisture-wicking properties to keep the grip steady, boxers will enjoy using these sturdy gloves for all methods of training. Improve grip when you swing and make contact in various settings.
7. FIGHTR® Boxing Gloves
Designed for MMA, Muay Thai, kickboxing, and training, FIHTR premium boxing gloves support all combat sports in the gym.
Throw heavier punches and enjoy more hand stability with these boxing and Muay Thai gloves.
Protect the wrist, thumb, and knuckles with these comfortable, properly fitting boxing gloves. Boxers of all ages will gain confidence in the ring using this good pair of boxing gloves.
- Suitable for men and women
- Made from durable PU leather
- Comes with a convenient carry bag
- Ergonomic design with a soft inner lining
- Sewn-on thumb for maximum comfort
- Some reviewers claim the seams split after multiple uses
Thick, dense padding on these boxing gloves supports intense training sessions and boxing training for all ages and skill levels.
The durable outer layer absorbs shock on impact, and extra padding keeps the hands safe in any situation.
For athletes looking to start using a pair of gloves right out of the box, these are a great choice. They require minimal break-in time and are comfortable from the jump.
6. Venum Elite Boxing Gloves
Join the Elite boxers of the world with Venum Elite Boxing Gloves, designed for training and sparring.
These gloves offer thoughtful features, including long cuffs for wrist support, thick foam for extra padding, and sturdy seams for continued use.
These Venum boxing gloves are a great contender for competition gloves and are easy to break in for superior protection.
- Premium Skintex leather construction
- Reinforced seams for sturdy grip
- Triple density foam
- Long cuffs for wrist protection
- Anatomical design with an attached thumb
- Velcro and elastic closure
- Expensive price point
For excellent protection for the wrists, thumbs, and hands, Venum Elite Boxing Gloves are a knockout.
Ideal for sparring or hitting heavy bags, these gloves are handmade in Thailand and offer great quality for the price tag.
For boxers who want to splurge on material and quality, Venum offers great options that are durable, long-lasting, and designed for regular use.
5. Hayabusa T3 Kanpeki Leather Boxing Gloves
Designed for sparring and heavy bag work, the Hayabusa T3 boxing gloves are well-designed for fighters of all calibers.
With innovative knuckle protection and foam composite designed for optimal shock absorption, it’s no surprise why many athletes choose Hayabusa for the best boxing gloves in the game.
Hayabusa is one of the most iconic boxing glove brands, and the quality and features of this brand go unmatched.
- Dual strip wrist strap for maximum wrist protection and a secure fit
- Smooth leather finish for aesthetics
- The soft inner lining keeps the hands cool during fights
- Knuckle protection for more confident sparring
- Customers claim the product is poorly constructed
For moderately priced boxing gloves, the Hayabusa T3 boxing gloves offer athletes a great set of features and functionality that you won’t see in cheap boxing gloves.
With serious wrist support that you typically see in heavier gloves, boxers won’t be stressed about hurting their wrists or fingers during a fight.
They’re a great pair of gloves for any skill level and for boxing, MMA training, kickboxing, and more.
4. CLETO REYES Hook & Loop Training Gloves
Just like weightlifting gloves, boxing gloves are very personal. Athletes have their own specific needs and preferences; that’s why the CLETO REYES boxing gloves are a great pick.
Made from goat skin and leather, Cleto Reyes is anatomically designed to fit nearly any athlete in the game.
Weighing in at 2 pounds, these boxing gloves are ideal for athletes who are also performing strength training workouts and are equipped to handle heavier gloves.
- Moisture-wicking features to keep the hands dry
- Leather hook and loop closure for additional hand security
- Clean, aesthetic white leather
- Great for MMA, Muay Thai training, and more
- Much heavier than the lighter gloves on this list
- Take a while to break in
For genuine leather gloves that cradle the hands and keep the knuckles, hands, and wrists safe, look no further than the Cleto Reyes hook-and-loop closure boxing gloves.
They may be pricier than other options on this list, but the quality in real over faux leather is quite apparent in this product.
Boxers love them for training, competitions, sparring, hitting the bag, and more.
3. Venum Challenger 3.0 Boxing Gloves
With major upgrades from the previous model, the Venum Challenger 3.0 brings innovation in material, design, and fit.
These synthetic leather boxing gloves are comfortable, triple-padded for finger and wrist support, and still lightweight for all kinds of athletes.
You’ll love these for their durability even after heavy bag sessions, sparring, and skill drills with a training partner.
- Made from premium faux leather
- Improved shock absorption with triple-layer construction
- Large velcro wrist enclosures for better support
- Breathable neoprene interior to keep hands cool
- Improved thermal regulation inside the gloves
- Some users claim they are too lightweight for heavy-hitting or training
For comfortable, affordable boxing gloves that will hold up against heavy impact and contact, the Venum Challenger 3.0 gloves are some of the best gloves you can buy.
Specific feature highlights that users love include the thermal regulation on the interior, triple padding, and perfect fit.
Sometimes, splurging is a worthwhile choice. For the best design and comfort, the Venum Challenger 3.0 checks every box.
2. Hayabusa Marvel Hero Elite Boxing Gloves
For award-winning gloves that are backed by ten years of research, Hayabusa offers a pair of great boxing gloves.
For Marvel fans, these boxing gloves are a creative way to showcase your superhero side.
The microfiber thumb, elastic palm, and grip bar make for thoughtful design elements that will improve your technique.
- Premium 5-layer foam technology absorbs impact
- Smooth, cool inner fabric
- Perfect for boxing, MMA, Muay Thai, and kickboxing
- Dual wrist straps with splinting system keep knuckles protected
- Lightweight at just 12 ounces
- No complaints
Athletes love the feel and weight of these gloves and the inspiring superhero theme of each boxing glove.
With double straps for wrist security, you’ll never worry about your hands moving around too much or hurting a finger.
1. Cleto Reyes Boxing Gloves
For the best boxing glove you can buy, look no further than the Cleto Reyes boxing gloves.
They come in a variety of colors, supporting athletes in expressing their personal style.
Cleto Reyes is revered for its dedication and commitment to quality leather and sustainable manufacturing processes.
These are great boxing gloves for lighter use, amateur athletes, and kids just starting to learn the sport.
For these reasons and many more, it’s no wonder these are our number one choice on this list of the best boxing gloves.
- Long-lasting latex foam padding
- Hook and loop closure to prevent eye and thumb injuries
- Handmade in Mexico
- Water-repellant inner lining
- Some quality issues with heavier hitters
If you can splurge on the best gloves that money can buy, we highly recommend the Cleto Reyes boxing gloves. They’re a premium product that is suitable for many sizes and skill levels.
These are the top gloves on our list because of the features like the secure wrist strap, high-quality leather, and such advanced padding.
They will provide ample protection when working with a training partner, while sparring, during kickboxing, and much more.
While these are the most expensive gloves on this list, we think they are worth every penny. If you’re a committed, passionate boxer, the Cleto Reyes boxing gloves will bring you great satisfaction when you step in the ring.
FAQs About Boxing Gloves For Men
As you browse for the best boxing gloves, keep in mind the features that matter to you. Get all your questions answered in this convenient FAQ section.
Q: What size boxing gloves should a man get?
Finding the perfect fit for boxing gloves depends highly on the size of the fighter.
For fighters under 100 pounds, 6 to 8-ounce gloves are best. Guys weighing between 100 and 150 pounds should use gloves between 8 and 12 ounces.
Anyone between 150 and 175 pounds should use gloves between 12 and 16 ounces, while anyone over 175 pounds should use gloves that are over 16 ounces.
These recommendations are based solely on weight; if you can, test various glove weights before committing to one size.
Boxing is a great addition to a fitness routine for strength, endurance, and balance for all skill levels and ages.
Q: Should I use 14 or 16-oz boxing gloves?
Depending on your weight and skill level, 14 and 16-ounce boxing gloves are typically used by boxers weighing more than 150 pounds.
The more a glove weighs, the more padding it has. And in turn, the less hard it hits on contact.
14-ounce gloves are usually used by youth athletes in sparring and to increase power and output. Boxers use this weight to improve their strength, build upper body mass, and improve stamina.
Q: What boxing gloves do professionals use?
The professionals use competition boxing gloves, which typically weigh 8 or 10 ounces, depending on the match.
Boxers train with gloves up to 16 ounces for heavy-hitting, sparring, and endurance training.
Q: How long should you use boxing gloves for?
High-quality boxing gloves should last anywhere from one to two years.
For those who train regularly, their gloves may need updating in a year or less, depending on how hard they are training and the quality of the gloves.
Once your gloves start cracking or showing signs of wear, it’s recommended to start looking to replace them.
Q: Should boxing gloves be soft or hard?
When sparring, boxing gloves are usually heavier than standard boxing gloves. When gloves are thick and heavy, they’re ideal for heavy bag work.
When working with a training partner, light to moderate-weight gloves are recommended so you can improve your speed, form, and confidence.
The best boxing and MMA gloves will make athletes feel supported, secure, and confident in the ring and during training.
From lace-up gloves, Velcro strap hook and loop closures to faux or genuine leather, this list has the best gloves for beginners, professionals, and everyone in between.
No matter which product you choose, you’ll enjoy the benefits of well-protected hands and quality materials anytime you head to the gym for a workout.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best boxing gloves for men:
- Cleto Reyes Boxing Gloves
- Hayabusa Marvel Hero Elite Boxing Gloves
- Venum Challenger 3.0 Boxing Gloves
- CLETO REYES Hook & Loop Training Gloves
- Hayabusa T3 Kanpeki Leather Boxing Gloves
- Venum Elite Boxing Gloves
- FIGHTR® Boxing Gloves
- Venum Giant 3.0 Boxing Gloves
- Ringside Bullet Boxing Gloves
- Everlast Elite Pro Style Training Gloves