What are the best glycerol supplements?
Glycerol is a natural chemical and common dietary supplement, typically used for helping to increase muscle-building power during workouts.
If you’re into bodybuilding, physique competitions, or athletics, glycerol benefits could help you reach new goals by inducing powerful pumps and faster muscle recovery.
There is no shortage of glycerol supplement options out there, so we’ve put together a list of the best glycerol supplements on the market to make your life easier.
The Best Glycerol Supplements Compared
Our supplement lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable companies and web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best glycerol supplements:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Metabolic Nutrition – CGP
Metabolic Nutrition CGP is the best glycerol supplement to battle bloating and cramping.
It’s free of sugar, gluten, and soy, with 10g of high-powered creatine glycerol phosphate per serving. You can pick from unflavored, blue raspberry, fruit punch, or green apple options.
The amino acids and glycerol offer enhanced muscle torque, energy, growth, and endurance while speeding up recovery from strenuous lifting.
This glycerol supplement also reduces lactic acid buildup and soothes sore muscles, and there’s no loading phase or water bloating like with regular creatine.
Metabolic Nutrition makes a super clean CGP supplement with no calories, lactose, trans fat, fillers, preservatives, additives, or amino spiking.
- 10g of creatine glycerol phosphate.
- Unflavored and fruity flavored options.
- Boosts muscle torque and energy.
- Fights bloating and stomach cramping.
- Helps with muscle soreness and recovery.
- No sugar, gluten, or soy.
- Contains artificial flavors.
9. LiveLong Nutrition – GMS Glycerol Monostearate
LiveLong Nutrition GMS Glycerol Monostearate is ideal for muscle fullness, hydration, and endurance.
This simple, pure supplement has 1g of glycerol monostearate per serving with no other ingredients. That means it has no unnecessary additives, just strong muscle fuel straight from the source.
There are 100 servings per container, and one daily serving offers ample performance results thanks to increased cellular hydration and nutrient uptake.
LiveLong Nutrition says its glycerol powder provides an edge to endurance and a boost in muscle hypertrophy.
It’s also known for maximum absorption, so you can be sure your muscles are getting the full benefit of every glycerol serving.
- Simple, natural formula for muscle fullness.
- 1g of glycerol monostearate.
- Maximum absorption for hydration and endurance.
- Increases muscle cell nutrition.
- No additives or artificial flavors.
- 100 servings per container.
- No extra nutrients.
- Lack of flavor isn’t for everyone.
- Doesn’t dissolve as well as other glycerol powder.
8. BulkSupplements – Glycerol Monostearate
The name says it all, as BulkSupplements gives you 333 servings per bag, significantly more than other brands.
This is a simple yet effective supplement formula with 1,500mg of glycerol monostearate per serving.
It’s commonly used as a bodybuilding supplement and pre-workout powder, as it promotes hydration and boosts muscle pumps for workouts.
There’s no added sugar, soy, yeast, dairy, gluten, or other additives, just pure and natural glycerol monostearate for healthy and efficient muscle support.
What’s good about glycerol monostearate is it’s anti-clumping and even used as an anti-caking agent for baking purposes. This means it’s easy to mix with drinks ahead of a big workout.
- Great bulk buy with 333 servings per bag.
- Ideal pre-workout powder for hydration and muscle pump.
- 1,500mg of glycerol monostearate.
- Anti-clumping powder for safe storage.
- Third-party tested and lab-verified.
- Manufactured to GMP standards.
- Fairly simple formula without any added nutrients.
7. Evogen – EVP AQ
If you prefer liquid to glycerol powder, then Evogen EVP AQ is an excellent choice.
This premium liquid glycerol is an unflavored pump inducer for impressive gym performance every time.
A 2 tbsp. serving gives you 20g of vegetable glycerol, 2.5g of betaine, 20g of carbs, and 90 calories.
You also get 50mg of S7 nitric oxide blend with green coffee bean extract, green tea extract, turmeric extract, tart cherry, blueberry, broccoli, and kale.
This is a good source of vitamin C, too, with 250mg per serving to support muscle function and growth.
Evogen says its liquid glycerol helps you lift weights for longer without stirring chalky powder that has the potential for gastrointestinal issues.
- Unflavored liquid glycerol that’s easy to swallow and mix.
- 20g of vegetable glycerol and 2.5g of betaine per serving.
- 50mg of S7 nitric oxide blend for nutrient support.
- Contains green coffee bean and tea extracts.
- Supports muscle function and lean growth.
- Increases powerful pumps.
- Only 16 servings per bottle.
6. Magnum Nutraceuticals – Volume
Magnum Nutraceuticals Volume is the best glycerol supplement for muscular endurance, encouraging skin-tearing pumps that drive noticeable results.
This powder supplement boosts blood flow and oxygen utilization for more dominant fitness performance, while the additional nutrients help muscles recover and grow faster.
There’s 1,500mg of HydroMax glycerol powder per scoop, plus 1,000mg of L-arginine and 120mg of French pine bark extract.
50mg of S7 boosting herbal extract blend includes green coffee bean, green tea, turmeric, tart cherry, blueberry, broccoli, and kale.
You can use this 100% stimulant-free glycerol supplement 20 to 30 minutes before a strength training session to drive your muscle power to the next level.
- Safe source of natural energy.
- 1,500mg of HydroMax glycerol powder.
- 50mg of S7 herbal extract blend.
- Increases workload strength and power.
- 100% stimulant-free.
- Gummy worm candy flavor.
- Artificial fruit punch flavor.
- Contains sucralose.
- Should only be used on training days.
5. O15 – Exalt
If you want to boost mental focus and enjoy tasty flavors in a glycerol supplement, try O15 Exalt.
It comes in three fun flavors, including gummy candy, blue ice pop, and mountain mist.
This scientifically-dosed pre-workout has 5g of creatine monohydrate and 2g of glycerol per serving with just 20 calories in every scoop.
O15 Exalt uses safe yet potent doses to increase mental focus, pump capacity, and peak-performance energy.
Not only does it boost strength and power, but it also delivers electrolytes to replenish muscles and keep you going even during a hard workout.
Also, with 150mg of organic caffeine and 100mg of theanine, you get smooth, consistent energy without a huge post-exercise crash.
- 5g of creatine monohydrate and 2g of glycerol.
- Supports sharp mental focus.
- Sustained energy for long-lasting pumps.
- Increases strength and power.
- Electrolytes boost performance.
- Tasty gummy candy flavors.
- Contains artificial flavor.
- Includes caffeine.
4. Blackstone Labs – Hype Reloaded
Blackstone Labs Hype Reloaded is the top stimulant-free glycerol supplement with a delicious watermelon flavor and a complete pump-promoting formula.
One scoop contains 6g of citrulline malate, 2g of glycerol monostearate, and 300mg of Alpha GPC. 150mg of horny goat weed and 100mg of potassium round out this high-quality glycerol powder.
The brand says its glycerol supplement sends blood rushing and helps muscles swell to max capacity for skin-tearing pumps and noticeable vascularity.
Hype Reloaded is stimulant-free so you won’t crash, and it supports energy production and mind-muscle connection with a powerful dose of Alpha GPC.
It also promotes cell volume and can be taken 20 minutes before strength training for the biggest workout boost.
- Stimulant-free pump promoter.
- 6g of citrulline malate and 2g of glycerol.
- Contains Alpha GPC and horny goat weed.
- Refreshing watermelon or sour gummy bear flavor.
- Supports sharp mental focus.
- Skin-tearing pumps and increased vascularity.
- Uses artificial flavors.
- Shouldn’t take more than two scoops a day.
3. Alpha Lion – Superhuman Pump
It’s hard to go past the delicious mango strawberry sherbet flavor of Alpha Lion Superhuman Pump glycerol supplements.
Labeled a savage non-stim pump inducer, this pre-workout powder supports impressive muscle pumps and crazy vascularity.
One scoop offers 4,000mg of citrulline malate, 1,750mg of beta-alanine, and 1,500mg of glycerol powder. 75mg of S7 natural extracts tops it all off.
This zero-stimulant formula provides the ideal mind-muscle connection for better athletic performance and exciting muscle pumps.
Alpha Lion says its glycerol powder offers long-lasting muscle fullness for consistent and challenging workouts every time.
- 4,000mg of citrulline malate and 1,500mg of glycerol powder.
- Contains natural extracts to boost focus and muscle function.
- Ideal pre-workout for strong muscle pumps.
- 41 single scoop servings per container.
- Zero-stimulant formula.
- Improves vascularity.
- Contains artificial flavors and sucralose.
2. Phase 1 Nutrition – Pump Phase
The warning on this container says massive pump alert, and that’s totally accurate with a clinical formula of four different vasodilators.
Phase 1 Nutrition Pump Phase contains 4g of L-citrulline, 3g of beta-alanine, 2g of glycerol powder, and 50mg of S7 extracts to maximize blood flow.
This glycerol supplement pumps muscles with fresh oxygen, blood, and nutrients, giving you the power you need to lift harder and stronger.
Just 1-2 scoops dissolved in water 30 minutes before training is enough to seriously boost muscle strength and exercise performance.
It also encourages muscular endurance, delays muscle fatigue, and supports extreme vascularity for bodybuilding goals.
- 4g of L-citrulline and 2g of glycerol powder.
- Maximizes blood flow for huge pumps.
- Clinical formula delivers fresh oxygen to muscles.
- Available unflavored or in lemonade or fruit flavor.
- Delays muscle fatigue for better recovery.
- Encourages extreme vascularity.
- Should be taken 30 minutes before a workout.
1. Project AD – Nitr-Ox Pump Powder
Project AD Nitr-Ox Pump Powder is the best glycerol supplement overall, with 12,200mg of Nitr-Ox Pump Blend per scoop.
This powerful blend includes 6,000mg of citrulline malate and 5,000mg of HydroMax powder with 65% glycerol.
Nitr-Ox Pump Powder increases exercise capacity by supporting muscle fullness, so you can pump for hours while keeping nutrients flowing to working muscles.
It also enhances hypertrophy and encourages lean muscle mass growth, making it ideal for bodybuilders and competitive athletes.
The brand says its glycerol supplement raises aerobic and anaerobic function for more reps, weight, and endurance in the gym.
- 12,200mg of Nitr-Ox Pump Blend.
- Increases exercise capacity and muscle fullness.
- Delivers nutrients to engaged muscles.
- Stimulates muscle cell growth.
- Good for lean muscle mass.
- Delicious citrus berry flavor.
- Contains 120mg of sodium per serving.
FAQs About Glycerol Supplements
Now that you’ve seen the best glycerol supplements let’s explore the most frequently asked questions about glycerol and its benefits.
Q: What Is Glycerol Used For?
Glycerol is used to provide energy and nutrients to muscles during workouts. It’s essentially a big muscle booster that supports powerful pumps and lean muscle growth.
Many bodybuilders and dedicated strength trainers take glycerol before hitting the gym to maximize muscle potential and ensure their body has the best support for lifting.
In addition to muscle building and dietary supplements, glycerol is also used for dermatology treatments to improve skin health.
Q: What Is Glycerol Made Out Of?
Glycerol is a simple chemical compound made of three-carbon alcohol and three hydroxyl (hydrogen and oxygen) groups.
Glycerol, also referred to as glycerin or glycerine, is a natural compound found on certain fatty acid molecules.
In terms of glycerol supplements, glycerol is made from proteins, glucose, and triacylglycerols, and it may be combined with other nutrients to offer greater benefits.
Q: How Much Glycerol Should You Take?
It’s important to take the recommended amount of glycerol as outlined on the product label. Every supplement brand is different, so you should check the scoop dosage to be sure.
When taken as recommended, which is usually one scoop of powder or 2 tbsp. of liquid, glycerol supplements have been found to increase aerobic and anaerobic performance in athletes.
If you have any concerns about the amount of glycerol you’re taking, consult a trusted medical professional.
Q: Does Glycerol Give You a Better Pump?
Glycerol gives you a better pump by sending nutrients to your muscles, boosting muscle power, strength, endurance, and recovery.
Q: Can I Take Glycerol Every Day?
It’s safe to take glycerol every day so long as you follow the recommended dosage.
If you do take glycerol powder daily, you’re not alone.
If you start to feel off after taking glycerol every day, it’s best to consult your doctor.
Q: Which Glycerol Supplement to Choose?
There are many quality brands and glycerol supplements out there, but the biggest factor when deciding which supplement to take is the glycerol content.
Check the dosage to see how much glycerol you get in each serving, as the more glycerol there is, the more it will fuel your muscles.
Also, look for additional ingredients that may benefit your body, such as citrulline malate and S7 herbal extract blend.
Something else to keep in mind when shopping for glycerol supplements is the variety of flavors.
You can get unflavored glycerol powder or supplements with a sour or sweet taste.
As a natural chemical, glycerol is a common supplement for athletic performance and weight loss.
Glycerol supplements are ideal for powering muscles and taking strength training to new heights.
If you want to stimulate your muscles and prepare for high-powered pumps to transform your workouts, then using a high-quality glycerol supplement from any of the trusted brands on our list is the way to go.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best glycerol supplements:
- Project AD – Nitr-Ox Pump Powder
- Phase 1 Nutrition – Pump Phase
- Alpha Lion – Superhuman Pump
- Blackstone Labs – Hype Reloaded
- O15 – Exalt
- Magnum Nutraceuticals – Volume
- Evogen – EVP AQ
- BulkSupplements – Glycerol Monostearate
- LiveLong Nutrition – GMS Glycerol Monostearate
- Metabolic Nutrition – CGP