What are the best beet supplements?
Beets are nutritious vegetables with low calories and lots of vitamins and minerals.
Beets have impressive nutrient power to produce exciting health benefits, including lower blood pressure, improved digestive health, and enhanced athletic performance.
Some people prefer beet supplements over whole beets, as they offer the same great benefits in versatile varieties that are easier to prepare and consume.
Here are the 10 best beet supplement options to consider for your diet:
Top 10 Beet Supplements Compared
Our supplement lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable companies and web sources.
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. KOS – Organic Beet Root Capsules
KOS capsules contain 1,500 mg of organic red beetroot that supports healthy blood circulation pathways.
This natural nitric oxide is a superfood booster powder that can help maintain healthy circulation, lower blood pressure, and increase daily energy levels.
There are 180 capsules per container and a recommended three capsules per serving. The only other ingredient is the vegetarian capsule itself, so these supplements are very pure and potent.
KOS says you can feel the beet with substantial nitrates to aid in athletic enhancement, cardioprotection, and antioxidant power to scavenge free radicals.
The plant-based capsules are made without soy, dairy, or gluten, and produced in a GMP-certified facility for the highest quality standards.
The purity, potency, and quality are also lab tested for third-party verification.
- 1,500 mg of certified organic beetroot per serving.
- High nitric oxide levels help with circulation and blood pressure.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory properties in plant-based capsules.
- Boosts oxygen to cells for increased athletic endurance and stamina.
- Third-party tested with no soy, dairy, or gluten.
- Need to take three capsules a day for best results.
- Only 60 servings per container.
9. BulkSupplements – Beet Root Powder
When it comes to great value and high servings, BulkSupplements delivers.
Its powder supplement is great for natural pre-workout juices, with 3,500 mg of beet per serving.
The 2.2. lb package contains 286 servings, so you can make delicious daily beet juices, and protein shakes for many months before running out.
One or two servings a day gives you cardiovascular support, increased energy, and improved athletic endurance.
This brand makes more than 500 different supplements and is dedicated to third-party testing, lab verification, and GMP manufacturing standards.
The beetroot powder is free of soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, and added sugars, making it suitable for many diets.
Plus, the high antioxidant content, including alpha-lipoic acid, can fortify your immune system and provide comprehensive health support with minimal calories and carbs.
- Affordable bulk package with 286 servings.
- Easy to make shakes and juices.
- 3,500 mg of beetroot per serving.
- Third-party tested for high potency.
- Gluten-free and soy-free.
- No added sugars.
- Organically extracted but not organically certified.
- Sometimes powders may come out in hard clumps that are difficult to dissolve.
8. Horbäach – Beet Root Capsules
Horbäach offers high-quality beetroot capsules made with beet, rice powder, vegetable magnesium stearate, and silica in a gelatin capsule.
There is 1,500 mg of beet per serving of three quick-release capsules.
The red superfood capsules are gluten-free and non-GMO, with 250 pills or 83 servings per container. These natural supplements have no gluten, yeast, wheat, milk, lactose, or soy.
Horbäach says these high potency capsules minimize the earthy taste many don’t like in whole beets.
Advanced selective sourcing and lab testing ensures product safety and quality while delivering strong nutrients without as many calories or carbs as whole beets.
The formula is also free of preservatives and artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners.
- 1,500 mg of beetroot per serving.
- Quick-release formula to increase nutrient intake.
- Red superfoods are free of dairy, soy, and artificial flavors.
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, and DNA-tested.
- Serving size is three capsules, once or twice daily.
- Gelatin capsules may not be suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
7. Natural Elements – Beet Root Capsules
Natural Elements offers pure beet superfood supplements with 1,200 mg of organic powder per serving.
Two vegetable capsules a day deliver high fiber, potassium, calcium, and iron.
These gluten-free root supplements are also rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, copper, zinc, and sodium.
There are 200 capsules for 100 servings in each container, all made with the purest powder for a natural source of nutrients.
Natural Elements states these non-GMO supplements support athletic performance, blood pressure, digestive health, and immune system function.
There are no additives, fillers, or artificial flavors as the capsules live up to the Natural Elements name.
Every batch is made in the US under GMP standards to ensure you get the most out of the energy-boosting antioxidants.
- 1,200 mg of organic root powder per serving.
- Recommended dose is two daily capsules.
- 200 capsules/100 servings per container.
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, and made to GMP standards.
- High fiber, potassium, calcium, and iron content.
- High fiber and nitrate content can cause stomach problems and side effects if you have too much.
6. Nature Fuel – Power Beets
Nature Fuel power beets are labeled as a circulation superfood. The highly concentrated formula packs a nutritious punch with non-GMO beetroot juice powder.
It supports natural energy and stamina with a delicious taste for beet juices and shakes.
The natural acai berry pomegranate flavor makes this a popular choice for keto and paleo diets. The plant-based powder comes with 60 servings per container.
Mix this pre-workout athletic endurance supplement with a glass of water half an hour before working out to activate the nitric oxide for a natural energy boost.
Every super concentrated serving delivers the power of six whole beets, boosting oxygen, blood flow, and circulation throughout the body.
The soy-free formula is designed to lower high blood pressure and improve overall cardiovascular health.
- Super concentrated formula with the power of six whole beets per serving.
- Natural acai and pomegranate flavor.
- Great source of antioxidants and nitric oxide to support blood flow.
- Natural energy booster and pre-workout supplement for athletic endurance.
- Gluten-free and non-GMO.
- 60 servings – less than some competitors.
- High concentration may be overpowering for some.
5. Snap – Nitric Oxide Organic Beets
Snap supplements offer 6,863 mg of nitric oxide complex. This includes organic beet and pomegranate powder, red spinach extract, potassium chloride, and black pepper extract.
One scoop of concentrated beet crystals activates essential nitric acid to improve circulation and lower blood pressure.
It also boosts energy and stamina, especially with a juice, smoothie, or shake before a workout. Just add 1 scoop into your water, milk, or tea and blend until it’s dissolved.
There are 25 calories and 6 g of carbs in each scoop, which is less than a whole beet. Plus, every serving has 20 mg of vitamin C as asorbic acid and 16 mg of vitamin B as niacinamide.
These supplements are rich in vitamins and minerals that support immune cellular health and brain neuroplasticity.
Snap promotes healthy natural energy with an organic caffeine-free formula that doesn’t give you stimulant jitters or crashes, but instead consistent energy throughout the day.
- Circulation superfood supports muscle and heart health.
- Plant-based powder with 6,863 mg of nitric oxide complex.
- Lowers blood pressure and helps with inflammation.
- Vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free.
- Consistent energy for daily use.
- 30 servings per container not as much as other brands.
- Should take consistently for 6-10 weeks for the best results.
- Small sodium content.
4. Naturevibe Botanicals – Organic Beet Root Powder
Naturevibe Botanicals offers 100% certified organic beetroot powder as a rich, raw superfood for use in many recipes.
Not only can this powder be poured into water, milk, and other smoothie/juice bases, but it also can be incorporated into soups and sauces.
This is a good option for buying in bulk with 113 servings per pack, so you can have an antioxidant-rich shake or veggie juice at least once a day.
There are just 30 calories and 8 g of carbs per tablespoon serving, with plenty of health benefits as natural nutrients to fight inflammation, aid in digestion, and boost heart health.
Naturevibe also states its supplements help with blood purification and maintaining a healthy weight.
Plus, this beetroot powder may lower the risk of diabetes, help prevent cancer, and help treat respiratory problems.
- Organic raw superfood and non-GMO.
- High in vitamins and low in calories with 30 cal per serving.
- Nitric oxide booster supports stamina and increased energy.
- 113 servings per pack, great for shakes and smoothies.
- 60 mg of sodium per serving.
- Stronger taste than in capsule form.
3. HumanN – SuperBeets Powder
The highly concentrated beet crystals in HumanN SuperBeets powder support healthy circulation and stamina.
The black cherry flavor is a popular choice for beet juices and shakes, as this natural nitric oxide booster delivers superfood benefits like healthy blood pressure and immune support.
A teaspoon of powder has 15 calories, 160 mg of potassium, and 10 mg of magnesium. It also delivers 50 mg of vitamin C, which is 83% of the recommended daily value.
HumanN says its SuperBeets powder relaxes blood vessels, supports circulation, and helps with cardiovascular and respiratory health.
By supporting blood flow, this supplement also helps with efficient energy production to increase stamina and energy levels without stimulants.
To unlock the health benefits of 40 teaspoons of fresh beets without the earth taste, just add one teaspoon into 4-6 ounces of water, tea, juice, or smoothie.
- One teaspoon of concentrated crystal powder is equivalent to 40 teaspoons of fresh beets.
- Non-GMO with 83% recommended daily vitamin C.
- Preferred by runners – less likely to cause an upset stomach.
- Rich in nitric oxide and potassium to support circulation and heart health.
- Black cherry flavor makes delicious juices, teas, and smoothies.
- Only 30 servings per container.
- 65 mg of sodium per serving.
- Powder needs mixing and may be clumpy sometimes.
2. HumanN – SuperBeets Heart Chews
Another top choice from HumanN is the Superbeets heart chews, which offer the same beet benefits in a tasty chew form.
For those who don’t drink a lot of juices or smoothies and prefer a tasty snack to chew on, these supplements are a great option.
Each serving of two chews contains 500 mg of beetroot powder and 150 mg of grape seed extract. There are just 40 calories and 9 g of carbs per serving.
The non-GMO chews have a delicious and natural pomegranate-berry flavor and promote healthy circulation, blood pressure, and energy levels.
There are no artificial sweeteners in these candy-like chews, which combine the powerful effects of beets and grape seed to protect the cardiovascular system, boost energy levels, and increase immune support.
These vegan chews are GMP-certified with no soy, dairy, or gluten.
- Non-GMO with 500 mg of beetroot powder per serving.
- 150 mg of grape seed extract supports healthy blood pressure.
- Natural pomegranate berry flavor with no artificial sweeteners.
- No need to mix or blend, easy to eat on the go.
- Improves circulation, blood flow, and immune response.
- 4 g of added sugars per serving.
- 60 ct. containers have 30 servings.
- Contains more ingredients for flavor and chews than other supplements.
1. Self Evolution – Beet12
Self Evolution Beet12 allows you to unlock all the benefits of daily beet supplements, most importantly a natural energy boost without caffeine from coffee or energy drinks.
One 6 g scoop has 5,000 mg of organic beetroot powder, plus 2,000 mcg of vitamin B12 that helps form red blood cells, prevents amenia, supports bone health, and even improves mood and symptoms of depression.
The brand uses a simple two-step system in its organic, non-GMO beet powder and other supplements.
To boost energy without artificial stimulants, Self Evolution uses beet powder rich in dietary nitrates to first improve blood flow and nutrient distribution.
It also uses coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) that’s naturally present in beet powder, to stimulate energy production at the cellular level.
- Natural black cherry flavor for quick, delicious shakes and smoothies.
- Pure energy booster with 5,000 mg of organic beet powder per serving.
- 2,000 mcg of vitamin B12 to support healthy blood and bones.
- Coenzyme Q10 stimulates energy production naturally.
- 30 servings per container, not as much as some competitors.
FAQs About Beet Supplements
Q: What Are Beet Supplements?
The best beet capsules are dietary supplements made from whole beets, which are dehydrated and made into crystals.
Highly concentrated beet crystals are then used for powder or capsule supplements.
Beet supplements are a good way to get the many vitamins, minerals, and overall health benefits out of these vegetables without having to prepare the whole beet.
The earthy taste of these veggies isn’t for everyone either, so the supplement form is preferred for anyone who wants a different flavor or a quicker way to get nutrients.
Q: What Do Beet Supplements Do?
Beet supplements provide the body with ample vitamins and nutrients to support your overall health and wellbeing.
Whether in whole, capsule, powder, or chew form, beets deliver powerful nitrates and antioxidants to support healthy circulation, heart function, and a strong immune system.
Q: What Are The Benefits Of Beet Supplements?
Taking the best beet powders gives you numerous health benefits, starting with high vitamin and mineral content.
Beet supplements deliver vitamins B9, B12, and C, plus fiber, manganese, potassium, and iron.
Beets also have substantial levels of dietary nitrates, which widen the blood vessels to improve blood flow and deliver oxygen-rich blood to the heart.
Nitrates lower blood pressure and provide adequate energy for better physical performance.
Other benefits of beet supplements include the antioxidant power to fight inflammation and illness, fiber content to help with digestion, and low calories/carbs to help with weight loss.
Q: What Are The Side Effects Of Beet Supplements?
Beet supplements are very rich in nutrients and overall a healthy choice for most people to take, although there are a few side effects to be aware of, such as a pink or red color in urine.
Beets are high in nitrates, but having an excessive amount of nitrates in your diet may lead to stomach problems and abdominal cramps.
In rare cases, excessive beet intake may lead to liver or kidney problems.
As long as you take the recommended dose, you most likely won’t have any side effects from bet powder or capsules.
Q: When Should I Take Beet Root Supplements?
Check each product label to confirm the best time to take beetroot supplements.
Some athletic endurance supplements should be taken pre-workout, while most capsules are recommended at mealtime with a glass of water.
Beet capsules and powder offer a natural energy boost, so a lot of people take them to start the day or before a big activity.
Q: Do Beet Supplements Really Work?
Yes, the best beet powder supplements work well and deliver numerous health benefits with high nitric acid and vitamin content.
Beet supplements can increase energy levels, promote athletic endurance, boost the immune system, and protect heart health.
There are also fewer calories and carbs in beet supplements than whole beets, although these veggies are already quite low in calories and carbs.
There are 35 calories and 7.8 grams of carbs in one beet and even less in the powder supplement form.
Q: What Are Beet Supplements Good For?
Beet supplements are good for treating fatty liver and liver diseases.
The high levels of nitric acid in beets make these supplements a good choice for lowering blood pressure and triglyceride fats in the blood.
They also can boost energy levels, enhance athletic performance, and treat inflammation and oxidative stress.
Another advantage of taking beet supplements is that they are a natural source of folate, fiber, iron, potassium, manganese, and vitamin C.
Q: Is Beet Powder Better Than Beets?
Beet powder is better than beets for many people because it’s easier to consume and has fewer carbs and calories.
While eating the whole fruit or veggie gives you a full range of nutrients, there are still extremely high nutrient levels in beet supplements.
If you’re in a hurry, beet powder may be your best bet because you don’t need to peel, cook, or juice it.
Q: How Can You Take Beet Supplements?
You have a few options when it comes to beet supplements, with powder, capsule, and chew forms available from reputable brands.
Powder supplements are some of the most popular, as they can be added to a variety of drinks for a big immune boost.
If you struggle to swallow capsules and prefer drinking your nutrients, then this is the way to go.
Beet powder is often used for smoothies, shakes, teas, milk, and even just a simple glass of water.
You can also incorporate the powder into sauces, soups, gravies, and other recipes if you want the benefits of beets without all the extra preparation and cooking time.
Beet capsules contain minuscule crystals in pill form, just like many other top dietary supplements out there.
They are easy to swallow, and most brands recommend 2-3 capsules a day at mealtime.
Beet chews contain more ingredients but are an easy choice for eating on the go. With a delicious flavor, they are almost like candy, except with way more health benefits.
The best beet powder can help you get more vitamins and minerals even if you aren’t a fan of eating the actual veggie.
Even if you do like whole beets but struggle to incorporate them into your diet or run out of time to cook at home, you can take beet supplements or add beet powder to your shakes.
The more beet supplements you have, the more fiber, folate, potassium, and vitamin C you can get into your diet.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best beet supplements:
- Self Evolution – Beet12
- HumanN – SuperBeets Heart Chews
- HumanN – SuperBeets Powder
- Naturevibe Botanicals – Organic Beet Root Powder
- Snap – Nitric Oxide Organic Beets
- Nature Fuel – Power Beets
- Natural Elements – Beet Root Capsules
- Horbäach – Beet Root Capsules
- BulkSupplements – Beet Root Powder
- KOS – Organic Beet Root Capsules