What does Arnold Schwarzenegger’s workout routine look like?
Arnold Schwarzenegger is an Austrian-American actor, former bodybuilder, producer, director, and businessperson. Schwarzenegger holds multiple records in bodybuilding and he has won Mr. Olympia 7 times.
Schwarzenegger is one of the most iconic bodybuilders in the game and many young bodybuilders consider him as their biggest inspiration.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Arnold Schwarzenegger’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
- Height: 188 cm – 6’2″
- Weight: 106 kg – 235 pounds
- Age: 73 years old
- Birthday: 30th of July, 1947
- Accolades: Mr. Olympia, Winner 1973
In Schwarzenegger’s autobiography “Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding”, he has revealed that he followed up a workout program that made him focus on the most important body parts twice a week.
Schwarzenegger also has a lot of tips on how to manage your diet, he means that’s it important to take a multivitamin daily and to skip the dessert for the best result.
Recommended Supplement Stack
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Workout Routine
When Arnold Schwarzenegger prepared for Mr. Olympia he followed a strict and effective workout program. He looked to train each of his body parts to the maximum.
His workout routine features basic exercises and weight training including main lifts. When he prepared for competitions he normally went to Gold’s Gym in California.
Here is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s workout routine:
Monday and Thursday: Chest, Abs, and Back
On Monday, Schwarzenegger performs a chest, abs, and back routine by doing a total of 5 exercises.
Here is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s chest, abs, and back routine:
1. Flat-Barbell Bench Press and Barbell-Incline Bench Press (5 sets, 30, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps)
2. Dumbbell Flyes and Dumbbell Pull-Over (5 sets, 30, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps)
3. Wide-grip Chin-Up (4 sets, reps to failure)
4. Hanging Leg Raise (5 sets, 25 reps)
5. Bent-Over Barbell Row and Bent-Over Two-Dumbbell Row (5 sets, 30, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps)
Tuesday and Friday: Shoulder, Arm, and Triceps
On Tuesday, he hits a shoulder, arm, and triceps routine by doing a total of 7 exercises with an average of 5 sets and 30 reps.
Here is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s shoulder, arm, and triceps routine:
1. Clean and Press (5 sets, 5 reps)
2. Standing Dumbbell Press and Front Dumbbell Raise (5 sets, 30, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps)
3. Lateral Raise, Upright Row, and Barbell Curl (5 sets, 30, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps)
4. Incline Dumbbell Curl, Concentration Curls, and Close-Grip Barbell Bench-Press (5 sets, 30, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps)
5. Barbell Skull-crushers and Dumbbell One-Arm Triceps-Extension (5 sets, 30, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps)
6. Wrist Curls and Reverse Wrist Curls (5 sets, 30, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps)
7. Decline Sit-up (5 sets, 25 reps)
Wednesday and Saturday: Legs
On Wednesday, Schwarzenegger performs a legs routine by doing 6 different exercises.
Here is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s legs routine:
1. Barbell Squat and Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
2. Good Morning (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
3. Barbell Lunge (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
4. Leg Extensions and Seated Leg Curl (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
5. Standing Calf Raises and Seated Calf Raise (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
6. Kneeling Cable Crunch (4 sets, 25 reps)
On Sunday, Arnold Schwarzenegger rests and refuels his system with healthy food.
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Diet
Arnold Schwarzenegger put a lot of effort to focus on a healthy diet. He is not shy to refuel his system with lots of vegetables, fats, and grains. He enjoys eating red meat, bacon, and egg yolks as well.
Here is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s diet:
- 3-4 eggs
- 2 pieces of bacon
- Bread with cashew/almond butter
- Protein shake
- Grilled fish
- Sweet potatoes
- Cottage cheese
- Grilled lean meat
- Brown rice
- Large salad
- Olive oil
Arnold Schwarzenegger uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
Arnold Schwarzenegger has influenced the whole globe with his amazing body.
His diet and workout plan remains effective for younger bodybuilders. Don’t forget to share this article if you’re a fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger.