Ulisses Jr Workout Routine
Ulisses Jr. is an American professional bodybuilder from New York. Ulisses has gone from high school to competitive bodybuilding. He began lifting weights as a skinny teenager.
Ulisses is especially known for his shredded 8-pack and he has succeeded in achieving one of the greatest physiques in the world.
Since then, Ulisses has won numerous bodybuilding competitions, and he has over 5 million followers on social media, and he is known for being one of the most respected bodybuilder in the industry.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Ulisses Jr.’s workout routine and diet, and also the different supplements that he takes for his training.
Height: 5’10” (177.5cm)
Weight: 205 – 215lbs (88.5 – 93.0kg)
Age: 42 years old
Birthday: 5th of March
Owner: UApparel Clothing
Birthplace: New York City
Accolades: Musclemania World Championship Las Vegas Pro Winner 2013
Within Ulisses’ routines, he normally mixes up his workouts to shock his muscles, this has always forced his body to constantly grow. He plans his workout around compound movements with high reps which are 12 to 15 reps per set.
Unlike other bodybuilders, Ulisses never trains with high amounts of cardio.
Ulisses Jr. always believes that nature is nutrition, so when it comes to his diet he regularly eats 8 meals of organic foods a day. He is trying to stay clear of any processed and fried foods to stay conditioned.
Ulisses Jr. Workout Routine
Ulisses Jr.’s workout routine normally consists of numerous exercises. If you look at the routines below, he focuses on hitting 8 exercises within each of his workouts throughout the week.
On day 5 Ulisses’ has a day that he likes to call “wild card day”, which simply means that if he feels any of his muscle groups are lagging slightly in development, he’ll use this day to focus on that muscle group.
Here’s Ulisses Jr.’s workout routine:
Within this routine, Ulisses performs 8 exercises, but for a total of 12 to 16 reps each.
Here’s Ulisses Jr.’s back and calves routine:
1. Pull-ups (4 x 12 to 15 reps)
2. Pulldowns (4 x 12 to 15 reps)
3. Barbell Row (4 x 12 to 15 reps)
4. Cable Row (4 x 12 to 15 reps)
5. Pullovers (4 x 12 to 15 reps)
6. Seated Calve Raises (4 x 15 reps)
7. Standing Calve Raises (4 x 15 reps)
8. Donkey Calve Raises (4 x 15 reps)
On Tuesday, Ulisses Jr. target quads and hamstrings. There are 4 different exercises within Ulisses leg workout routine.
Here is Ulisses Jr.’s leg routine:
1. Leg Extensions (Superset, 4 x 15 reps)
2. Squats & Seated Leg Curl (4 x 15 reps)
3. Leg Press & Standing Leg Curl (4 x 15 reps)
4. Hack Squats & Stiff Leg Deadlifts (4 x 15 reps)
Wednesday: Shoulders & Biceps
On Wednesday Ulisses Jr. performs a shoulder and biceps workout routine, focusing on 8 major exercises. Every set is around 15 reps.
Here is Ulisses Jr.’s shoulder & biceps workout routine:
1. Dumbbell Shoulder Press ( 4 x 15 reps)
2. Military Press (4 x 15 reps)
3. Lateral Raises (4 x 15 reps)
4. Front Raises (4 x 15 reps)
5. Rear Raises (4 x 15 reps)
6. Barbell Curls (4 x 15 reps)
7. Dumbbell Curls (4 x 15 reps)
8. Hammer Curls ( 4 x 15 reps)
On Thursday, Ulisses Jr. hits a chest and triceps routine for 10 exercises. Each exercise is performed for 4 sets and 15 reps.
Here is Ulisses Jr.’s chest and triceps workout routine:
1. Incline Chest Press (4 x 15 reps)
2. Flat Bench Press (4 x 15 reps)
3. Dumbbell Flys (4 x 15 reps)
4. Cable Crossovers (4 x 15 reps)
5. Tricep Rope Pressdowns (3 x 12 to 15 reps)
6. Weighted Dips (3 x 12 to 15 reps)
7. Superset V Bar (3 x 12 to 15 reps)
8. Seated Calf Raises (4 x 15 reps)
9. Standing Calf Raises (4 x 15 reps)
10. Donkey Calf Raises (4 x 15 reps)
On Friday, Ulisses Jr. hits an arm workout routine by doing 5 sets of 12-15 reps in every exercise that he’s doing.
Here is Ulisses Jr.’s arms workout routine:
1. Barbell Curls (5 sets of 12-15 reps)
2. Reverse Barbell Curls (5 sets of 12-15 reps)
3. Close Grip Barbell Press (5 sets of 12-15 reps)
4. DB Hammer Curls 5 sets of 12-15 reps
5. Cable Tricep Extensions 5 sets of 12-15 reps
6. Preacher Ez Bar Curl 5 sets of 12-15 reps
7. Body Weight Dips 5 sets
8. Finisher = Lying Supinated DB Curls
Saturday: Wild Card
On Friday, Ulisses Jr. hits the “wild card” which means that he is working on the lagging body parts. He works on areas that he thinks is best for him on that day.
Sunday is Ulisses Jr.’s day off from the workout. It’s the time when he relaxes and let his body recover. He eats well and gets ready for the new workout that will hit on Monday. Rest is the most important part.
Ulisses Jr. Diet
Now that we went through Ulisses Jr.’s workout routine, it’s time to move into his diet. Ulisses means that nutrition is the key to having a great body. For him “nature is nutrition” which is why he prepares to eat organic and healthy food.
So with that said, let’s take a look at Ulisses Jr.’s diet and the supplements that he takes daily to help get the most out of his workout. Don’t disrespect your workout by eating junk! Stay true to your nutrition and maintain a balanced diet!
Here is Ulisses Jr.’s diet:
Meal 1: 40g Whey Isolate Protein and a cup of Green Tea
Meal 2: 6 boiled Egg Whites, ½ a cup of Oatmeal, 1/2 a Grapefruit and 1 serving of BCAA’s
Meal 3: 40g Whey Isolate Protein
Meal 4: 6 oz. Chicken Breast and 1/2 a cup of Brown Rice
Meal 5: 6 oz. Tuna, 2 cups of Spinach, 1 small Banana & Flaxseed Oil
Meal 6: Post workout shake: 50g Whey Isolate, A serving of Vitargo, a serving of L-Glutamine, BCAA, Multi-Vitamin & Vitamin C
Meal 7: 6 oz. Tilapia, 2 Sweet Potatoes & 1 cup of spinach
Meal 8: 2 scoops of Casein Protein, 1 serving of Fish Oil & a serving of Glutamine
Ulisses Jr. uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
- Whey Isolate
- Casein Protein
Ulisses Jr. is one of the most sought after and highly respected bodybuilding and body composition coaches in the world. He is a two-time Musclemania Superbody Pro Champion and a leader for bodybuilding.
Hopefully, this article gives you a little more knowledge about Ulisses Jr.’s workout routine and diet.
What do you think about Ulisses Jr.’s workout routine and diet? Leave a comment below.
SEARCH THE SITE