What does Russell Westbrook’s workout routine look like?
Russell Westbrook is an American basketball player for the Houston Rockets of the NBA. Westbrook is a nine-time NBA All-Star and is also an eight-time All-NBA team member.
He became one of the two players in NBA history to have the average of a triple-double for a season. In 2017, he won the MVP award.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Russell Westbrook’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
- Height: 191 cm – 6’3″
- Weight: 91 kg – 200 pounds
- Age: 31 years old
- Birthday: 12th of November, 1988
- Accolades: NBA Most Valuable Player Award, Winner, 2017
Russell Westbrook’s strong core helps him to remain in a good shape and maximize his skills. Westbrook focuses a lot on his basketball training.
He works a lot on his core and this helps him to stay as one of the best basketball players. Westbrook has amazing ball mobility because he improves his higher vertical jumps.
Russell Westbrook’s Workout Routine
Russell Westbrook is very secretive when it comes to training and he normally focuses on explosive and speed exercises.
Because of his amazing speed, he is known for being the most entertaining NBA player to watch in the league.
Here is Russell Westbrook’s workout routine:
On this dumbbell workout routine, Russell Westbrook hits 4 different exercises with an average of 4 sets and 8 reps.
Here is Russell Westbrook’s dumbbell routine:
1. Physioball dumbbell chest press (4 sets, 6-10 reps)
2. Single leg dumbbell curl-to-press (3 sets, 8 reps)
3. Walking dumbbell push-up to row (4 sets, 8 reps)
4. Dumbbell squat jump (4 sets, 8 reps)
On this explosive routine, Westbrook hits 10 different exercises.
Here is Russell Westbrook’s explosive routine:
1. Plate jump (4 sets, 8-12 reps)
2. Frog squat jump (4 sets, 8-15 reps)
3. Box squat jump (4 sets, 8-12 reps)
4. Dumbbell swing threw jump (3 sets, 6-10 reps)
5. Standing triple jump (3 sets, 4-8 reps)
6. Finger clean (4 sets, 3-6 reps)
7. Dumbbell jerk (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
8. Ravers (3 sets, 15-25 reps)
9. Concentric box jump (4 sets, 6-10 reps)
10. Long box jumps (3 sets, 4-8 reps)
Point Guard Workout
On this point guard workout routine, he hits 10 different exercises.
Here is Russell Westbrook’s point guard routine:
1. In the box dribbling (2 x 2 minutes)
2. Bust out and retreat dribbling (2 x 1 minute)
3. 2-minute combo move weak hand finish (1 set)
4. Step back crossover to floater finish (3 x 6 makes)
5. Ball screen and turn the corner (2 x 5 shots)
6. Ball screen and pull-up jumper (2 x 5 shots)
7. Ball screen refusal (2 x 5 shots)
8. Feeding the post passing (2 x 8)
9. Combo move partner passing (2 x 1 minute)
10. Cool down: Static stretching (5-10 minutes)
Russell Westbrook’s Diet
Russell Westbrook consumes a recovery protein shake before he workouts. He likes to snack on goji berries, green tea. These foods are all powerful antioxidants that help him recover.
Here is Russell Westbrook’s diet:
- 7 Egg Whites
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 tablespoons Cottage Cheese
- 2 ounces Brown Rice
- A handful of Goji Berries
- 2 powerful all-natural testosterone boosters
- 5 ounces Chicken Breast
- 5 oz. Sweet Potato
- 2 cups veggies
- Teaspoon olive oil
3. Post Workout Meal
- 4-6 ounces Ground Turkey
- 2 ounces Brown Rice
- 1 cup Green Beans
- 1 cup Broccoli
4. Afternoon Snack
- 1 scoop Whey Protein
- A large handful of raw almonds
- 5 ounces grilled salmon
- 1.5 cups steamed veggies with coconut oil
6. Late Night
- 5 ounces Cottage Cheese
- 1 scoop Casein
- Ounce Almond Butter a
- Stevia Extract
Russell Westbrook uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
Russell Westbrook has a world-class basketball skill and he is regarded to be one of the best players in the NBA.
He’s on the top of the NBA because of his stunning display of athleticism. Don’t forget to share this article with your loved ones.