What does Jared Leto’s workout routine look like?
Jared Leto is an American actor and singer who gained his recognition when he starred in ‘My So-Called Life’ in 1994. Leto made his movie debut in ‘How to Make an American Quilt’ the following year.
Leto has since then starred in popular films such as ‘The Thin Red Line’, ‘Fight Club’, ‘Girl, Interrupted’, ‘American Psycho’, ‘Requiem for a Dream’, and ‘Blade Runner 2049’.
When he starred in ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ he received an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Awards for his amazing performance. He is considered to be a method actor and he often remains completely in character.
He is the lead singer and songwriter for Thirty Seconds to Mars which was formed in 1998 in Los Angeles. Their debut album ’30 Seconds to Mars’ was a success and they got worldwide fame with their second album named ‘A Beautiful Lie’.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Jared Leto’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
- Height: 175 cm – 5’9″
- Weight: 69 kg – 152 pounds
- Age: 48 years old
- Birthday: 26th of December, 1971
- Accolades: NME Award for Hottest Man, Winner, 2012
When Jared Leto prepared for his Joker role he would warm-up for 20 minutes on a bike and then hit different exercises such as push-ups, pull-ups, and sit-ups. When it comes to his diet he likes to focus on a vegan diet. He worked out 5 days a week to get in shape for his role as the Joker.
Jared Leto Workout Routine
Leto enjoys performing his routines outdoors whenever it’s possible. Some of his favorite routines include surfing, cycling, and hiking. He meditates daily to stay in his best shape mentally and physically.
Here is Jared Leto’s workout routine:
Monday: Chest & Triceps
On Monday, Jared Leto hits a chest and triceps routine by doing a total of exercises.
Here is Jared Leto’s chest and triceps routine:
1. Barbell bench press (5 sets, 10, 8, 5, 5, 3 reps)
2. Superset: Triceps pushdown & triceps overhead extension on cables (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Incline dumbbell bench press (3 sets, 10, 8, 5 reps)
4. Skull crushers (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Weighted dips (4 sets, 15 reps)
6. Crunches (3 sets, 50 reps)
7. Leg lifts (3 sets, 25 reps)
8. Crunches (3 sets, 50 reps)
9. V-Ups (3 sets, 25 reps)
Tuesday: Cardio/ Yoga
On Tuesday, Leto hits a cardio or yoga routine.
Here is Jared Leto’s cardio/yoga routine:
1. Options: Bike 10 miles or 1-hour yoga or 1-2 hours or 1-2 hours other activity (hiking, surfing, tennis, etc.)
Wednesday and Thursday: Shoulders and Legs
On Wednesday and Thursday, he performs a total of 11 different exercises with an average of 3 sets.
Here is Jared Leto’s shoulders and legs routine:
1. Barbell squats (5 sets, 10, 10, 5, 5, 3 reps)
2. Arnold press (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Leg press (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Military press (5 sets, 10, 8, 5, 5, 3 reps)
5. Calf raise (3 sets, 15 reps)
6. Shoulder front raise & lateral side raise with light dumbbells (3 sets, 10 reps x 3 sets
7. Heavy shrugs (3 sets, 20, 15, 10 reps)
8. Crunches (3 sets, 50 reps)
9. Leg lifts (3 sets, 25 reps)
10. Crunches (3 sets, 50 reps)
11. V-Ups (3 sets, 25 reps)
On Friday, Leto hits a superset routine by doing 10 exercises.
Here is Jared Leto’s superset routine:
1. Deadlifts (5 sets, 10, 5, 5, 5, 3 reps)
2. Weighted chin-ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Barbell bent rows (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Dumbbell biceps curl (5 sets, 10, 10, 8, 8, 5 reps)
5. Lat pulldowns (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Cable biceps curls & cable hammer curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
7. Crunches (3 sets, 50 reps)
8. Leg lifts (3 sets, 25 reps)
9. Crunches (3 sets, 50 reps)
10. V-Ups (3 sets, 25 reps)
Saturday and Sunday: Rest
On Saturday and Sunday, Jared Leto rests.
Jared Leto Diet
Jared Leto avoids all animal products such as dairy, eggs, and fish and likes to stick to a vegan diet. Leto means that a healthy diet is the best way to survive in the punishing work and when he’s out on the road.
When he had to gain weight for his role as Chapman he had to eat a lot of junk foods such as butter, mayonnaise, and ice cream to gain weight. To Stay healthy, Leto avoids refined sugar and alcohol and he says he has a vegan chef who travels with the band when they are on tour.
Here is Jared Leto’s diet:
- Hot chocolate
- Almond milk
- Green salad
- Whole grains
Jared Leto uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
Jared Leto is an amazing actor and singer and he has appeared in several big-screen movies. In 2014, he was voted as the World’s Sexiest Vegetarian. He has a huge fanbase and is considered to be one of the best actors in this era.
Leto has been cast in several films and he has turned down many films offer to pursue his musical career. In 1996 and 1997, he was featured in People’s Magazine of ‘Most Beautiful People in the World. He has a huge fanbase on social media.