What does Alexander Skarsgard’s workout routine look like?
Alexander Skarsgard is a Swedish actor who is best known for his roles in ‘Generation Kill’, ‘True Blood’, and ‘Big Little Lies’.
Acting in multiple minor films and series as a child he had his breakthrough when he starred in ‘The Dog That Smiled’ in 1989. After a few years, he moved to New York to study theater for one year at Marymount Manhattan College. He made his American film debut in the comedy ‘Zoolander’ in 2001.
Skarsgard received one of his biggest roles in 2016 when he starred in the remake of ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ alongside actress Margot Robbie. He had to work hard to portray Tarzan and he spent a lot of his time in the gym to prepare for the film.
Skarsgard has won multiple awards throughout his career including a Primetime Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. He is well known for his great physique.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Alexander Skarsgard’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
- Height: 192 cm – 6’4″
- Weight: 90 kg – 198 pounds
- Age: 44 years old
- Birthday: 25th of August, 1976
- Accolades: Satellite Award for Best Television Ensemble, Winner, 2009
Alexander Skarsgard has made his name on the vampire drama ‘True Blood’ and his amazing body has impressed the audience.
When Skarsgard performed his mass gain cycle he would hit two to four conditioning workouts per week which focused on full-body exercises.
His trainer stated: “We would do very short sets because we didn’t want to waste much time on things other than building muscle.”
Alexander Skarsgard Workout Routine
Alexander Skarsgard normally splits up his workout routine into two phases. When he prepared for his role in Tarzan he had to hit a strict workout regimen. When it comes to his diet he likes to follow a strict and well-balanced diet.
Here is Alexander Skarsgard’s workout routine:
On Monday, Alexander Skarsgard hits 5 different exercises with an average of 4 sets.
Here is Alexander Skarsgard’s legs routine:
1. Squats: (4 x 12, 8, 6, 10 reps)
2. Deadlifts (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
3. Leg Press (3 sets, 12 reps)
4. Skater Jumps (3 sets, 30 reps)
5. Frog Jumps (3 sets, 10 reps)
Tuesday: Chest and Shoulders
On Tuesday, Skarsgard performs a chest and shoulders routine by doing a total of 5 exercises.
Here is Alexander Skarsgard’s chest and shoulders routine:
1. Bench Press (4 sets, 12, 8, 6, 10 reps)
2. Incline Dumbbell Press (4 sets, 10 reps)
3. Cable Cross Flys (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Sitting Shoulder Press (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Burpees (3 sets to failure)
Wednesday: Back and Shoulders
On Wednesday, he performs a back and shoulders routine by doing 6 different exercises with an average of 4 sets.
Here is Alexander Skarsgard’s back and shoulders routine:
1. Chin-Ups (4 sets to failure)
2. Seated Row (4 sets, 10 reps)
3. Standing Alternate Dumbbell Row (3 sets, 20 reps)
4. Cable Wood Chop (4 sets, 10 reps)
5. Cable Face Pulls (4 sets, 15 reps)
6. Dumbbell Lateral Raise (4 sets, 15 reps)
Thursday: Biceps and Triceps
On Thursday, Skarsgard hits a biceps and triceps routine by doing a total of 5 different exercises.
Here is Alexander Skarsgard’s biceps and triceps routine:
1. Biceps Alternate Dumbbell Curls (4 sets, 16 reps)
2. Biceps EZ Curls (4 sets, 10 reps)
3. Seated Triceps Extension (4 sets, 10 reps)
4. Cable Skull-crushers (4 sets, 10 reps)
5. Superset Biceps Cable Curl (3 sets, 10 reps)
Core Workout Routine
When he hits his core routine he chooses between two different exercises.
Here is Alexander Skarsgard’s core routine:
1. Static core and straight abs exercises
2. Obliques and rotation exercises
When Skarsgard hits his movement routine he hits 4 different exercises.
Here is Alexander Skarsgard’s movement training routine:
2. Obstacle course (5 sets, 3 minutes)
3. Speed training (10 minutes)
Alexander Skarsgard Diet
Alexander Skarsgard likes to start his day by taking a shot of ginger, lemon, and cayenne. He loves seafood and after his first snack of the day, he hits a 45-60 minute training session of heavy lifting.
When he eats dinner he likes to consume more slow carbs and lean protein. He drinks plenty of water each day to stay in great shape.
Here is Alexander Skarsgard’s diet:
- Ginger shot
- Protein shake
- Sweet potato
Alexander Skarsgard uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
Alexander Skarsgard has landed many impressive movie roles and his impressive body has proven that he hits the gym a lot. When he portrayed the role of Tarzan he became famous for his amazing abs.
Skarsgard has starred in many big-screen movies such as ‘Zoolander’, ‘Melancholia’, ‘Battleship’, ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ and ‘The Aftermath’.